Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sign of the Sun - need help, please?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

Sign of the Sun - need help, please? Empty
PostSubject: Sign of the Sun - need help, please?   Sign of the Sun - need help, please? EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:49 am

I've been trying to get one of my new Christmas games I got this year to run in DosBox after first installing it. I tried every sound configuration that the game's c:\sosgame\setsound setup allows - all in vain. So as a last resort I set the game's sound configuration to no sound/no midi, and thus I finally got the game to run.

So now, I'm in the gameplay proper. I'm James, been captured by firons and I'm using this w/t **here**

and even though I have my laser pistol selected (James has it in his hand), I cannot get James to use it to kill the firons. I'm pressing <enter>, "B", "7", but this does nothing. It seems that the firons are pushing James around with their fireballs that they threw at him while he stands there and takes it like a whimp, and he keeps getting killed.

I am playing the game on my Dell XPS M1530 laptop in DOSbox 0.74, host OS is Win XP Home (32-bit).

Does anyone know what keystroke I must use on my laptop to get James to kill these firons?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Sign of the Sun - need help, please?   Sign of the Sun - need help, please? EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:15 am

What about the game manual? Isn't one included in the game package?
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Sign of the Sun - need help, please?   Sign of the Sun - need help, please? EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:17 pm

tsampikos wrote:
What about the game manual? Isn't one included in the game package?

No. It came without a manual.

Quote :

[quote=Rushes]Are you using the keys on your numeric pad, rather than the ones in your main keyboard area?

I was using the keys on the main keyboard - my laptop doesn't have a numeric pad.

Rushes wrote:
And 7 is the key to left punch, so if you're using the numeric pad, I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. Is the Num Lock key pressed and lit?

Is this "Num Lock" the way to use numeric pad keys on laptops/keyboards that have no numeric pad keys?

To tell the truth, I never noticed [last night] when playing the game if my num lock key was pressed/lit. But thanks for the suggestion, Rushes.

EDIT - no, my num lock button was not pressed/lit when I turned the laptop on, but I ran into a new problem: this game only plays after it is first installed, and any subsequent attempt to run the game (by, in DOSbox, typing
"cd sosgame <enter> go") gives a "Error Program bug". This happens after quitting the game from the main menu.

How do I fix this?

Now back to the original problem: this time had to reset Dosbox, reinstall the game (following an uninstall of game & Dosbox) this time when I got into the game proper, I pressed my laptop's num lock key after selecting James's gun, aimed the crosshairs at the firons and tried pressing 7 and then B. This did nothing, the firons killed James, game over.

Again, how do I fix this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign of the Sun - need help, please?   Sign of the Sun - need help, please? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sign of the Sun - need help, please?
Page 1 of 1