Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)

Go down 
+8
mindysue
tsampikos
Draclvr
hatshepsut
Faust
AlienBZ
winfrey
Gelert
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:48 am

lakerz wrote:
Very nice Faust! Seems like with all the latest video cards and new processors (heck even memory), heat is becoming issue #1. I always try to spend the extra money during each new PC purchase to buy a design that takes airflow seriously. Thus far I've been very lucky I guess, since I've never encountered a single hardware failure over the past 15 years other than one hard drive becoming a brick. Well, I guess I did have a cd-rom burner die on me also so maybe my memory is just bad, ha ha.

Thanks ! The Nvidia 4 series cards were rather widely known for running warm when they first came out , with load temps being sometimes in the 90's c . I think that part of that was due to driver immaturity , but mostly I think due to the design of the card's cooling . I've had the chance to put a load on my new card , to see how warm it runs . I played an hour each of Crysis 2 , The Witcher 2 , & Metro 2033 . Max load temp was in the mid 70's c . Of course , I had manually set my fan speed to 65 % . When I told the seller , they , in essence , told me I was wrong . Oh well !
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:23 am

Just got these -

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 NewextHDD500dollarflashdrives

Perfect for backing stuff up on from my PC laptops (since I already have a mac-formatted external HDD and don't want to format it for windows as it's for the MacBook Pro only) whenever and if I don't feel like burning to a disc, during these times when I'll have the Dell M1530's and the Acer's HDD's nearly full and I'm short of Blu-ray/DVD discs, plus these 2 flash drives that I got on sale for 5 bucks each.

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 Blu-rayburner

My rather new (bought during this past winter months of 2012) Blu-ray burner. Have already used it to make backups of my A New Beginning gameplay screenshots and some of my Black Mirror 2 gameplay screenshots.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:14 am

I don't know if this is allowed in this section of the board, but we just bought a couple of media racks, one for my PC games and the other for my DVD movies.

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 Gamerack-1

Now it looks like all my games are all in order and accounted for.

If you guys know of a better (and neater, more orderly) way to catalogue my games in this manner, suggestions are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 am

Although I can't have these until Christmas , here is the latest in my gaming "arsenal" : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153088
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Looks like a nice Christmas present Faust

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:15 am

Thanks !

A certain someone at home was shocked at the price , but It's all good !
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Faust wrote:
Thanks !

You mean you ACTUALLY told her !!!! Aaaaaaah !!!! NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 632275
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Gelert wrote:
Faust wrote:
Thanks !

You mean you ACTUALLY told her !!!! Aaaaaaah !!!! NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 632275

Kind of difficult to keep it a secret , as she was there when I got it . Sad
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:15 am

My latest :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811517010
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 am

Faust wrote:
My latest :

You bought a Hovercraft?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:00 am

Nice looking computer case Faust Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:55 am

GreyFuss wrote:
Faust wrote:
My latest :

You bought a Hovercraft?

Ha ha ! I had three of my family , tell me that case was huge . They weren't kidding !!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 pm

With all that fan power does the case come with some type of tie-downs to prevent it from going airborne or is that an option? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:29 am

Funny , GF !! The case weighs somewhere around 25 pounds or so . Even with all the fans (8 total) , that case will not go anywhere . So far , I love this case !
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:46 am

Holy Cow!

The case weighs 25lbs with only fans in it.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 pm

When I added all my equipment , my case probably weighed close to 40 pounds . I don't plan on moving it any time soon , so weight isn't much of an issue .
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:01 pm

That's an amazing case, Faust.
What did you put inside it that needs all those fans?
Must be some monster gaming system.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:30 pm

me, too, wants to know what's inside?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:14 pm

All of my case's fans , 8 total , came factory with the case . What I have inside , is this :

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
8GB ram
AMD Phenom955 Black Edition quad core cpu (3.2 GHZ)
Thermaltake Contact 30 cpu cooler
Razer Barracuda AC-1 Sound Card
Nvidia GTX 480
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:13 pm

E-Gad...I just saw the measurements and used my biggest case as a reference to your new case....ITs HUGE! Is it the processor or the Graphics Card that is creating so much heat that you need that many fans? Or do you have a 1000Watt Power Supply?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
E-Gad...I just saw the measurements and used my biggest case as a reference to your new case....ITs HUGE! Is it the processor or the Graphics Card that is creating so much heat that you need that many fans? Or do you have a 1000Watt Power Supply?

The case was my choice . I had sold a smartphone to my Dad , & I got that case as payment . I was working with a buget , & my case fell in that buget . My video card puts off a fair amount of heat , it did even in my previous case (Antec 300 "Illusion") . I use an Antec TPN 750 watt psu . I love my new case !!

On a side note , I think my next video card , with be an HD 7970 .
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:38 am

Well that case is big enough to have plenty of space to get your hands into and upgrade. In fact there may be enough room to park you pickup truck in Very Happy . And with that size Power supply you should be set for many more upgrades down the road. Do you find papers are you desk moving with all that fan power? Do you have to wear a sweater while playing a game with all the air movement? All kidding aside , that is a fine case and if I was into assembling a computer myself I think this would be a great choice and really not that expensive for what you get.

Wow...I just took a look at the HD7970 Graphics Machine, that is awesome. 3gb's Holy Smokes and I didn't even know they were up to DDR5 memory already....nice http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3242918&sku=P450-7976
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:58 am

GreyFuss wrote:
Well that case is big enough to have plenty of space to get your hands into and upgrade. In fact there may be enough room to park you pickup truck in Very Happy . And with that size Power supply you should be set for many more upgrades down the road. Do you find papers are you desk moving with all that fan power? Do you have to wear a sweater while playing a game with all the air movement? All kidding aside , that is a fine case and if I was into assembling a computer myself I think this would be a great choice and really not that expensive for what you get.

Wow...I just took a look at the HD7970 Graphics Machine, that is awesome. 3gb's Holy Smokes and I didn't even know they were up to DDR5 memory already....nice http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3242918&sku=P450-7976

Too funny , GF ! When I decided on my case , it was a toss up between my case , & the Rosewill Thor v2 . Both were within $10 of each other . In actuality , GDDR5 has been on video cards for a couple of years now . AMD was the first to adopt GDDR5 . That looked like a sweet card in that link ! I had been eyeballing this one myself : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125439

As for my psu , it's rock solid , but I'd like an 850 watt psu eventually , either the Corsait TX 850 , or the XFX 850 Core Edition .
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:48 am

This is my next mouse : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826794008
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 am

I've noticed that you prefer a corded mouse, do you find them to be more accurate in your serious gaming than a cordless. Also it looks to be a small mouse or are the pictures deceiving?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next