Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hospitals

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospitals   Hospitals EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:06 am

mindysue wrote:
I feel a little shell shocked, like I can identify with troops coming home from Iraq.

Mindy, I sort of know what you mean. I remember 2 separate times in my past when I was shell shocked during my first few days back at home with my family after I was released following a long hospitalization at age 16, and again at age 37 after my discharge from a long stay at another hospital.

Last edited by AlienBZ on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospitals   Hospitals EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:10 am

AlienBZ wrote:
mindysue wrote:
I feel a little shell shocked, like I can identify with troops coming home from Iraq.

Mindy, I sort of know what you mean. I remember 2 separate times in my past when I was shell shocked during my first few days back at home with my family after (in 1969 at age 16) when I was released from Woodville State Hospital, and again (in 1991 at age 37) after my release from Mayview State Hospital. It was like being a soldier coming back home from 2 wars after the fight was over.

A little too much info ABZ , don't you think ? scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospitals   Hospitals EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:33 am

Faust wrote:
AlienBZ wrote:
mindysue wrote:

Mindy, I sort of know what you mean. I remember 2 separate times in my past when I was shell shocked during my first few days back at home with my family after (in 1969 at age 16) when I was released from Woodville State Hospital, and again (in 1991 at age 37) after my release from Mayview State Hospital. It was like being a soldier coming back home from 2 wars after the fight was over.

A little too much info ABZ , don't you think ? scratch scratch

Yeah, now that I think of it. Can you delete your quote, by any chance? I'm going to edit out my TMI.

EDIT - Faust, I edited my post accordingly.

Last edited by AlienBZ on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospitals   Hospitals EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:39 am

Damage has been done , so to speak . Should've never been mentioned in the first place if you wanted to keep that private . Info stays as is . Come to think of it , a very similar issue , involving you , was discussed a while back .
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospitals   Hospitals EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Since my shell-shock remark seems to have started this, I want to finish it by saying I don't think that AlienBZ needed to edit the original post. I don't feel it was too much information as I found it interesting. Hey, I like knowing that others have had various pasts that are different from the average same-old, same-old.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Hospitals   Hospitals EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:14 am

mindysue wrote:
Since my shell-shock remark seems to have started this, I want to finish it by saying I don't think that AlienBZ needed to edit the original post. I don't feel it was too much information as I found it interesting. Hey, I like knowing that others have had various pasts that are different from the average same-old, same-old.

Sorta like an alien's past (for me, at least)?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospitals   Hospitals Empty

Back to top Go down

Hospitals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: THIS AND THAT :: General Talk, Comments or Questions-
Jump to: