Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess

Go down 
+2
Lady Kestrel
AlienBZ
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess Empty
PostSubject: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:27 am

Since I can't post pics of my schoolbooks in the nongame spending thread and Hat says I can post them here, may I say that this semester I'm taking the first 2 of the network admin classes that my school offers - CIT 250 and CIT 120?

Pics of the books will appear later, maybe today.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Why don't you just post the titles, ABZ?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:11 am

Yes ABZ just post the titles of the books, pictures aren't needed.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Ok, will do.

my schoolbooks for this semester are:

--Network+ Guide to Networks - fifth edition;
--MCSE/MCSA Guide to Installing & Managing MS Windows XP Professional & Windows Server 2003, but
my teacher that uses this book advised me to get Windows Server 2008 a week/10 days ago, so I bought a copy of Windows Server 2008 Enterprise on ebay, it came with 2 CD's, one CD is the 64 bit version and the other CD is the 32 bit version (I didn't want to bother with d/l windows server (trial) 2008 from Microsoft).

These books were brand new from the school's bookstore.

And does "posting only the titles" as you guys say, also apply to other computer books that I get as well?

Last edited by AlienBZ on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:08 pm

A bit surprised there's still a book for XP , given Microsoft's not so subtle efforts to have people migrate to Windows 7 .
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:55 pm

For one of my classes (CIT 120) we have weekly quizzes of 20 questions/each quiz. This past Fri I got a score of 19 correct questions out of 20, on the Chapter 2 quiz.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:10 pm

AlienBZ wrote:
Ok, will do.

my schoolbooks for this semester are:

--Network+ Guide to Networks - fifth edition;
--MCSE/MCSA Guide to Installing & Managing MS Windows XP Professional & Windows Server 2003, but
my teacher that uses this book advised me to get Windows Server 2008 a week/10 days ago, so I bought a copy of Windows Server 2008 Enterprise on ebay, it came with 2 CD's, one CD is the 64 bit version and the other CD is the 32 bit version (I didn't want to bother with d/l windows server (trial) 2008 from Microsoft).

These books were brand new from the school's bookstore.

And does "posting only the titles" as you guys say, also apply to other computer books that I get as well?

As to "posting the titles only" , it's just easier for everyone else to see the titles , & it allows for people to research the titles on their own . I looked up the books you listed . The former , according to opinions on Amazon & a few other places , was full of typos & inaccuracies . The same was said about the latter book as well . Was there no other book on these subject that you could've picked up ? When I earned my certifications (A+ and Netowrk+) , the books at my (now former) school were issued direct from CompTIA . It is my hope to return to that school to get my MCITP certification (school uses books directly from Microsoft) . Will you attempt to earn the A+ & Network+ certifications ?
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 am

Faust wrote:
. Will you attempt to earn the A+ & Network+ certifications ?

Eventaully, yes.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:33 am

AlienBZ wrote:
Faust wrote:
. Will you attempt to earn the A+ & Network+ certifications ?

Eventaully, yes.

Expect classes to last around 6 months or more , for both classes . From what I understand , that's about average . Can't get your foot in the door in IT without it .
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:34 am

Folks, I took my latest quiz - first quiz for this one class (for CIT 250) this past Fri, got a score of 15/15 - 100 %. All these other weekly quizzes I took were for the second class - CIT 120.

Also today the Windows Server 2008 All in One (8 books in 1) arr. at the IyIMeeMe Palace today.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:37 am

Also today the Windows Server 2008 All in One (8 books in 1) arr. at the IyIMeeMe Palace today.[/quote]

The what ? The lyMeeMe Palace ? Uh.............yeah affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:56 am

Hi, how are ya'all doing?
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 1:00 am

Today for my Chapter 8 Quiz I got a score of 19 correct out of 20 questions.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:13 am

Good for you BZ. Was the question you missed a hard one. Good luck with the next test sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:24 am

Just found that today when I checked my mid-term grades online from my school, I found that I got a B for CIT 120 and an A for CIT 250. Wow! I'm so happy! Last semester I made a B and a P (passed) for my mid-terms.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:39 am

Pointers, all, I made 2 B's for my finals in these networking classes, wow, I thought I had flunked them, after I submitted the finals they seemed to be graded like I took these courses on an alien planet - very cool indeed!
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Nice to hear you did so well on your finals! It seems that you have been working hard ... way to go girl Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:50 am

Thanks, Winfrey.

I've another class coming up tomorrow, this is 1 credit, online, its intro to internet research, this coming fall I'm taking 2 classes - Visual Basic and Linux.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 11:27 am

AlienBZ wrote:
Pointers, all, I made 2 B's for my finals in these networking classes, wow, I thought I had flunked them, after I submitted the finals they seemed to be graded like I took these courses on an alien planet - very cool indeed!

Like you took the courses on an alien planet ? Uh...yeah . Anyhow , I suppose kudos are in order for passing the finals . I noticed a mention of taking courses on Linux . Learning about Linux could be done on your own . There are a few different versions , called distros , of Linux currently available . Courses in Linux are generally not taught in specialized schools , largely due to the very small market share that Linux occupies . Doesn't hurt to learn something new I suppose .
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:39 am

Faust wrote:
Courses in Linux are generally not taught in specialized schools , largely due to the very small market share that Linux occupies . Doesn't hurt to learn something new I suppose .

Yes, Faust. I believe the reason is b/c some tech colleges teach very specialized stuff and some teach more general stuff. My school's computer tech classes are more general than these specialized schools.

Did you take a course in Linux, Faust, when you were in training to be a tech?

Thanks for the kudos on my grades.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you Pointers - Again I just learned something new about the internet. Before now (today) when I'd see something I wanted on a "random luck" website, and didn't check what URL it was, I'd be lost as where/how to find that website from the trillions of websites on the internet. Today I found that I could use my mac's history browser to find the website, I found it very quickly, something that I don't think I was able to do in the past with the result I'd have to rely on someone else to find it for me.

Incidentally, I'm taking another course on an alien planet this summer - 1 credit where I was ready to go on my school's teaching website and take the exam, only the teacher told our class that all the exams had been eliminated from the course, all we had to do was submit our homeork on time.

Regarding learning Linux on your own - I need the teacher b/c the teacher is the one that picks out the right book for us to study since there are lots, and lots of "learning Linux" books out there that I could buy, it's the teacher that makes up the outline of what exacttly we're supposed to study, it's the teacher that writes up the assignments, the assignments are, for me, a big help in learning to understand the material, it is the teacher that gaves feedback on the quality of the assignments (so far I've made perfect scores on sll of my assignments), in case I don't understand something (which doesn't happen too often so far) I can always email the teacher about it, and if I have any questions about the material from the textbook I can always email the teacher and ask about it. And if I have trouble with an assignment, the teacher is always there to help.

Without feedback from the teacher, I'm not sure I'm learning anything, but when I have teacher feedback, I know I'm learning to understand tech stuff.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:59 pm

Just signed up for 1 internet class today at school - it's CIT 181 Principles of Information Security.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Just wanted to tell you guys how I troubleshooted my Dell Dimension 8200's speakers:

Problem: Testing my Driver's Ed '99 application - no sound.

--1 checked the sound volume (software) to see if sound was muted;
--2 powered off PC, disconnected PC's and Memorex Power console's power cables from wall socket, disconnected CRT video cable from rump of PC, after ensuring speaker cables were connected into appropriate colored ports in rump of PC (they were);
--3 disconnected CRT power cable, moved CRT onto adjacent table, ensured that power console has auxiliary power sockets (it did);
--noticed that the speaker PSU was plugged into the power strip (this is not the power console that the CRT was resting on during computer use) that was attached to the side of the desk cabinet;
--4 disconnected the speaker PSU from power strip and plugged it into the auxiliary socket on the power console;
--5 replaced the CRT on top of the power console, re-connected all cables;
--6 powered PC on, started the application (Driver's Ed '99), sound from speakers extremely loud, so turned vulume down, ensured that the speakers were working fine.

In the past I'd have to rely on someone else to do this for me, had to wait long periods of time for him to come and do this, he was way too-too-too busy and even if he did come over, he usually didn't have time to do this, so I'd get frustrated, etc.

But today, I saved myself a lot of anger and frustration by learning how to be a tech/learning how to troubleshoot.

May I please have your comments on this experience, Pointers (thanks in advance)?

Last edited by AlienBZ on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Faust wrote:

Expect classes to last around 6 months or more , for both classes . From what I understand , that's about average . Can't get your foot in the door in IT without it .

When the time comes for me to take these classes, are these classes offered online?
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Faust wrote:
Learning about Linux could be done on your own . There are a few different versions , called distros , of Linux currently available . Courses in Linux are generally not taught in specialized schools , largely due to the very small market share that Linux occupies . Doesn't hurt to learn something new I suppose .

Ok, Faust, I think (since I dropped both classes for Fall 2012) now that I thought it over, going to forgo taking the Linux course at school, think I might instead take a server class, and learn Linux on my own.

To date, acquired several laptop repair/upgrading books and a broken laptop to try (and successfully, I believe) to fix, including its service manual for my hands-on experience (like to broaden my set of skills/take on new challenges).

I understand its a bigger challenge to disassemble/re-assemble a laptop, as they are a bit tricky/a bit more difficult to take apart without breaking it/and put back together the proper way, but like I said, I believe I'm on this planet to take on and master challenges that most people would shy away from.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:33 am

Made an A on Exam # 1 (20/20 correct) the other evening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess   AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess Empty

Back to top Go down

AlienBZ's Computer Tech Educational Proccess
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: THIS AND THAT :: General Talk, Comments or Questions-
Jump to: