Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haunted

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Haunted   Haunted EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Publisher Lace Mamba Global confirms the UK and Irish retail release date for the upcoming PC adventure game Haunted,the latest adventure game by German developers Deck 13: the game is now scheduled to hit the shelves on May 25th, 2012.

Quote:
Following the traces of her long-lost and probably dead sister, Mary encounters the obscure Professor Lindsey Ashford and her axe-wielding henchman Ethan. And when Mary finds out that she suddenly can see and talk to ghosts, she embarks upon a wild quest that ends with the revelation of a terrible secret of her own past – which could lead to the destruction of the spirit world and the overall cosmic balance overall.

What starts out as a search for Mary’s supposedly dead sister ends in a furious chase across the world of ghosts right in the middle of ancient 19th century London.

Haunted is a spooky comedy adventure game with lots of dark humour, developed by Deck 13, creators of award-winning adventure games like Jack Keane and the Ankh series. Haunted takes players on a wild treasure hunt through dozens of locations in old London, Scotland, Transylvania and a goldfish glass. The young female protagonist encounters ghosts as friends as well as foes; up to six accompanying ghost characters will help Mary and the player to solve the game’s puzzles. For special puzzles, players can even switch to a werewolf.

Haunted features up to 50 characters. The orchestral music score has been composed by the award-winning studio Dynamedion.

Haunted

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted   Haunted EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:12 pm

At Last! The english version of Haunted, will be released on December the 11th by Viva Media in USA. So I guess, just like The Lost Chronicles of Zerzura, there will be retail and digital versions of the game! Very Happy Even if there is no european version of it, we europeans, won't miss this one. Smile

http://www.gameindustry.com/ih/item.asp?id=4345
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted   Haunted EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 pm

I am glad Haunted is finally going to be released in English. I've been watching this one for a long time.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted   Haunted EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:33 am

Has anyone bought the retail or digital download version of Haunted? There are a couple of things that I would like to ask.

1) What kind of DRM does the game have?
2) Did anyone have problems with saving the game? There are some reports around that the save functions might be problematic and won't work.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted   Haunted EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 5:34 pm

I haven't bought Haunted yet. I'll probably get it after the first of the year. Hopefully someone will be able to answer your questions.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted   Haunted EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:58 pm

tsampikos wrote:
Has anyone bought the retail or digital download version of Haunted? There are a couple of things that I would like to ask.

1) What kind of DRM does the game have?
If you get it from The Adventure Shop, it seems to be the same DRM they have for every other game I've gotten from them. The first time you start the game you have to be connected to the Internet in order to activate it.

Quote :
2) Did anyone have problems with saving the game? There are some reports around that the save functions might be problematic and won't work.
None whatever so far. But I'm playing in XP and not Vista or Windows 7 or 64-bit anything. And I'm still a long way from the end.
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted   Haunted EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:10 pm

tsampikos wrote:
gruefeeder wrote:
None whatever so far. But I'm playing in XP and not Vista or Windows 7 or 64-bit anything. And I'm still a long way from the end.
Well I finished it, and never had any problems saving in XP SP3.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted   Haunted EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:50 pm

That is good to know gruefeeder, thanks. Did you enjoy the game ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted   Haunted EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:12 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
Did you enjoy the game ?
It was OK. You really need the hotspot highlighter though. Since the game takes place almost entirely at night, inventory is hard to spot. It was created by the same developer who did the Ankh and Jack Keane games, so the humor is similar.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted   Haunted EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:29 pm

I don't really enjoy having to hunt for inventory items in the dark but I did enjoy the humor in the Ankh games Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunted   Haunted Empty

Back to top Go down

Haunted
Page 1 of 1