Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yesterday from Pendulo Studios

Go down 
+2
tsampikos
hatshepsut
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Yesterday from Pendulo Studios Empty
PostSubject: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Yesterday from Pendulo Studios.

Pendulo Studios will be releasing Yesterday March 22 - 2012.

Yesterday an original dark thriller mystery surrounding John Yesterday and the strange mark that scares his hand. Working for Henry White on the track of a dangerous and murderous sect, John Yesterday has already attracted the unwanted attention of disruptable individuals.
In New York City beggers are disappearing only to be found burnt alive. Mean while a Y-shaped scar forms in the palms of the hands of seemingly unrelatedpeople. With the police and media giving little attention to these events, Henry White, a young rich heir dedicated to a charitable organizationn and his friend Cooper, are the first to investigate these disappearances.
Henry and Cooper are two of the yhree playable characters, the third being the enigmatic John Yesterday who is dragged into this incredible story after his memory is completely lost.

Official Website and Trailer

Yesterday from Pendulo Studios Yesterday-11

Yesterday from Pendulo Studios Yesterday-16

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:08 am

This is a must buy game.It has received already some very possitive reviews!Now the downloadable version is available and in a while the english retail version will appear too.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 am

I like the look of this. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 am

Me too! These hand drawn graphics of Pendulo are the most suitable ones for the Adventure games I think. And generally any cartoonish hand made graphics. Cool
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:35 am

Broken Sword 1 and 2 were my first really loved Adventures. I had played others. But that's why I like Pendulo's 'look'. Reminds me so much of the BS's.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:56 am

I really like Pendulos graphics too, they also remind me of the first two Broken Sword graphics Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:42 am

I would say that Pendulo Studios is at the moment the best non german Adventure games designer. The guys whou founded Pendulo, are guys who liked the Adventures of Lucasarts and wanted to design Adventure games like the ones they enjoyed. That's Why their games are made in the old school way (but with updated creation engines of course.
Back to top Go down
PhilD
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Yesterday Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Does anybody know where I can download the english version. It isn't available on the official web site, although the release date was supposed to be March 22nd and I can't find it anywhere else
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi PhilD, Welcome to The Point.

Can't you get it from HERE?

Edit:
Just noticed you are from the UK how about HERE. Same site only in Euro's
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi PhilD welcome to Adventure Point. Were you able to get Yesterday downloaded ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
PhilD
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 am

Hi, thanks for your reply. I haven't downloaded it yet, but I now know where to get it so thanks again.
I must say the trailer looked good so I will be getting it soon.
I must say, however having been a Pendulo studios fan since I played Runaway, that they are not as good as when they first started. I was very dissapointed with "The Next Big Thing". I got the impression that they were more concerned with the puzzles rather than the story and I found it was getting a bit repetitive and boring. Although to be fair I didn't complete it.
It just seems to me that many games developers seem to lose their talents as they get bigger and they seem to run out of ideas. For example Sierra were terrific when they bough out the first games in each series. Kings Quest, Space Quest and Lary were all brilliant with a good story and side splitting humour, but by the time they got to 6 or 7 they were poor.
I love all sorts of adventure games and play all I can get my hands on, be they good, bad or indifferent.
I would love to hear what other people think. Or is it me getting OLD.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:10 am

$29.99 for a download? No Thanks.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:18 am

Yes $29.99 for a download is a bit pricey.

I think that after a while the developers just run out of ideas for a new story in a series. I think when you play a really good game the next game you play just isn't going to seem as good.

I like playing adventure games of all different kinds too. I just love adventure games.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:38 pm

So as not to spoil anyones views I will put my thoughts in a Spoiler Tag...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PhilD
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:01 am

It is £19.99 (pounds sterling) over here, so I think it's probably worth waitng a few weeks until someone like play.com starts selling it, then it will probably drop by around half.
But if you think that is a rip off take a look at console games a good example is uncharted 3 RRP £40 and it has been out for 6 months, even a pre-owned copy is still around £30. If you complain about it the manufacturers moan about "developement costs and piracy". They should take an example from the movie industry. It doesn't take long for the price of the latest blockbuster to drop to about £10 or so
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:02 am

I agree with you PhilD with thise prices on console games. Some of the prices are just unbelieveable even after six months or so.

Hopefully the price for Yesterday will come down some in a couple of weeks.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:19 am

How much do console games cost?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:40 am

GreyFuss a new console game can cost anywhere from $30 to $80 depending on the game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:52 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
GreyFuss a new console game can cost anywhere from $30 to $80 depending on the game.

hatshepsut

Thanks Sheps

Are those prices for Console Adventure games or all games including the shooters? Aren't the high tech PC game shooters that expensive too? At least with a PC you can do other things as opposed to a gaming console that collects dust under the TV (IMO).

PC adventures on disks seem to fall into the category's (USD) $14.99 - $19.99 - $24.99 - $29.99 - $34.99 & $39.99. I have no problem in paying the higher prices for a good boxed, disk, game that challenges me and gives me at least 20 hours of enjoyment. Unfortunately Yesterday didn't meet any of these requirements to me. At the most this average game would have fallen into the category of $19.99 for a boxed, disk release. On the other hand I have seen many games that, in my opinion, were released for much less than they should of , especially some Indies where the extra few dollars would help the most. The Carol Reed games for example could have fallen into the $19.99 range in this day and age. How about the Sherlock Holmes games? They could easily fall into the $29.99 category and yet I believe they (Awakened, Nemesis, Ripper) released at $19.99 or was it $24.99. No matter, with all the work and research that Frogwares puts into these games and take into account how they follow and listen to the adventure community and give us what we ask for their games could certainly fetch the higher end of pricing, $29.99 to $39.99
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:26 pm

GreyFuss that price range was for all games. The adventure games are usually in a $30 to $50 range.

I'm often surprised by the pricing of PC adventure games. I have no problem paying higher prices for boxed versions either. Paying a higher price for a download is very iffy for me.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday from Pendulo Studios   Yesterday from Pendulo Studios Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday from Pendulo Studios
Page 1 of 1