Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House

Go down 
+3
tsampikos
hatshepsut
struzzo
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:33 am

Fantastic hatshepsut, I'm flattered! I'm glad to know that you can read Italian Smile You will find my Slip Space review HERE
(and, if you are interested in it, HERE is the review I wrote to promote Corrosion.)

I wrote to Dan just after having purchased Slip Space because I had some problems with the installation and he was incredibly nice and helpful. After having finished playing I wrote to congratulate for such a beautiful game and told him about my project of promoting it in Italy and he lent me all his cooperation. He's one of the kindest people I met in the web; and the same is for Corrosion's developer Dan Peach.

I love indie games too, and my regret is not having enough time to make a really good job for them, translations included when needed (most of the times, unfortunately)!

Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 am

@struzzo

Is Slip Space a good game? I always thought of buying a copy .
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 am

I think that Slip Space is a fantastic game tsampikos! Very Happy
Given that you like hard puzzles, though. The game is full of puzzles and the story is behind the scene.

I'm a hard puzzles fan and I love Rhem - like games, so I did love Slip Space! Smile
If it's the same for you , you'll be glad to have purchased it.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:52 pm

struzzo, good reviews I enjoyed reading them Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks hatshepsut, it's very nice of you Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:19 pm

You are welcome struzzo.

You can post a review here for Slip Space and Corrosion if you want to Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi struzzo. You definitely can. If you can translate it that would be ideal. Your English is excellent. Smile))
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:04 am

Thanks Smile
My English is not any more excellent unfortunately and it takes me a lot of time to translate Italian into a language as different as English (when I write my posts I think in English and not in Italian, it's easier), but I will try...
I already have a very rough translation of Corrosion's review that I wrote in a rush for JA's Karla, whose interview to Dan Peach I quoted in it; as soon as I'll have enough time to fix it decently I'll post it.
Have a nice day everybody!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Thanks struzzo Smile your efforts will be greatly appreciated. Just when it is conveniant for you and you aren't terribly busy Smile ( I know how long it can take to write a review let alone trying to translate one Smile )

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Struzzo.

Please PLEASE DO NOT feel that you have to do this. It's a big task. So, it's absolutely NO PROBLEM at all if you don't do it. Smile))))))))))))))

flower
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:40 am

Of course Gelert! Thanks Hatshepsut Smile
I'll have to take my time anyway...
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:52 am

struzzo, you are to be commended for taking your love of adventure games and the indies and promoting them however you can in your home country...that's excellent!

I took another look at your walkthrough for 'Escape From Haunted House' and am even more impressed now. You must have spent a lot of time creating those graphics which show how the rooms rotate and all that. Overall, it is very professionaly done! I also noticed a quick paragraph and screen shots on some easter eggs? Can you elaborate more on how one gets to the easter egg? I *definitely* don't remember seeing those scenes in my playthrough, LOL.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:16 am

I second your comments on strzzo's excellent walkthrough lakerz. The graphics sowing the rooms are excellent. You can tell reading it that a lot of hardwork, time and love went into making the walk through solutin. Thank you for sharing it with us struzzo Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:08 pm

Thanks friends! I'll go on supporting indies, as long as language barriers don't become too hard for Italian users to enjoy them! I truly think that they deserve it, and some of their games are far better than many others produced by famous publishers!

I'm flattered by your opinions about the walkthrough. Maybe the graphics look professional because I am working in the field of graphic and illustration since more than 20 years... (what an awful lot of time! ) My work is becoming always harder and more boring and time-eating, so, any time I can, I love to use Photoshop for fun and personal pleasure Wink

@ lakerz, for what concerns the two Easter eggs:
Spoiler:

I love that haunted house an awful lot, and it is really frustrating for me not to have solved the mystery of the map! Well... there could be a lot of weird explanations, even too many if you use tour fantasy; but they don't satisfy me...

Last edited by struzzo on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 pm

I am confused...not surprising. Rolling Eyes Where is this review you-all are talking about?
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:26 pm

The link to download it is in the previous page Greyfuss, but it's not a review, it's a w/t in italian (here.)
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Thanks Struzzo

I can't open the download. The only program I have is Word Perfect and it won't convert the file as I keep getting an error. Do you have a web page to post it on? That way an Online language translator can be used if its in Italian. Or maybe PDF files? At any rate it sounds like you did a terrific job.
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 pm

I uploaded a pdf file on my account in DivShare, here.

I tried to paste the text in Google translator and I couldn't believe my eyes... augh! It's out of the world... I assume you don't need a w/t luckily, GrayFuss; you wouldn't accomplish a single step with such a translation... lol! Shocked
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Thanks Struzzo. The PDF file worked perfectly. No, I don't need a walkthrough of the game, I just wanted to see your work. I must say the setup looks great and I don't have to be able to read Italian to realize that your format looks excellent. I loved the game but then again it is exactly the kind of game I like. Oldschool point & click, first person, solo exploration.
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 6:24 pm

You are welcome GrayFuss, thanks!
It is the same for me! First person, solo exploration and... lots of gorgeous puzzles! Now I'm longing for Rhem 5, even if I know that it will be the last... SIGH!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:09 pm

I also think that most of the indie games are far better than the big publisher games.

I did wonder if you worked in some type of graphics and illustration. It is really nice that you are able to use your talent and knowledge to make a really nice walkthrough.

I like lots of puzzles too.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:32 pm

struzzo wrote:
You are welcome GrayFuss, thanks!
It is the same for me! First person, solo exploration and... lots of gorgeous puzzles! Now I'm longing for Rhem 5, even if I know that it will be the last... SIGH!

The last time I heard from Knut he never gave the impression that Rhem 5 would be his last, quite the opposite. If you remember the rumor after Rhem 3 was that there would only be one more but that never came from Knut. Do you have an inside link with Knut and have inside information?
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks hatshepsut! I enjoy a lot using photoshop in and out of work Smile
Puzzles have always been one of my main interests since I was a child... I remember a Mickey Mouse magazine with crosswords and puzzles that was issued in Italy when I was a little child. I just loved it!

@ GreyFuss, I remember the rumors, luckily unfounded, but I think to remember also an old interview to Knut, in which he said that after the reunion of all territories, Rhem series would come to an end...
Actually I thought that the star key to open the closed doors with a star lock would be found in Rhem 4, but evidently it was postponed to the fifth chapter.
And... no, I'm not sure that it will be the end, and I hope NOT!
Very seldom Knut and I exchange some e-mail, but I don't ask him about the end of Rhem because I don't want to know... sigh!
I received his New Year wishes with a beautiful screen from Rhem 5; he wrote that probably it won't come until 2013.
By the way, did you notice the cave bridges already seen in Rhem 2 in the last chapter??? We have a star lock waiting for us there Cool

Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:43 am

struzzo, thanks for taking the time to clue me in on how to see those easter eggs. I missed out on both of them during my one and only playthrough. I'm definitely keeping it in mind though next time I explore that haunted house! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:12 pm

You are welcome lakerz!
Next time you'll go to that Haunted House , if you see a funny bird with a long neck roaming all around it's me, still trying to draw that map... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House   Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Escape from the Haunted House
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2