Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Casual Game Players out There???

Go down 
+5
HandsFree
jkeerie
hatshepsut
Gelert
Mystery Lover
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Any Casual Game Players out There??? Empty
PostSubject: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:06 am

Come on, I know you're out there... somewhere... LOL!
Now don't get me wrong, I love my adventure games. But Yes, I admit it, I do like casual games and I own lots of them.
Allot of these game are hidden object mixed with adventure in the same game. I love that I can play a new game for an hour for free! If i like it, i buy there on the spot. It would be awesome if adventure companies would allow some free game time, to see if you like the game or not.
Lastly, it's just convenient. Both Ravenhearsts and Dire Grove are my favorites to date.
Your turn! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:16 am

Hmm! If there's plenty of Adventure in them as well, I may try one someday. Just to test the water of course! pirat

Is Drawn: The Painted Tower more Casual Game than pure Adventure?
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:33 am

Gelert here is the description from of Drawn the Painted Tower. It doesn't mention hidden objects so I'm thinking that maybe it is more like Azada ?

Enter the world of Drawn, the newest adventure from Big Fish Games Studios. Unravel the secrets of the Painted Tower while overcoming challenging puzzles on your quest to save Iris. A curse has locked each floor of the tower, and only the most creative adventurer can find a way through. Enter lush painted worlds and meet fantastic characters who will help you…and sometimes try to stop you, on your quest through the dream world of The Painted Tower.
Beware! Darkness approaches the tower. Can you save her in time?

A cinimatic adventure
Explore enchanted worlds
Solve elaborate and cunning puzzles

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 am

I would call Drawn the Painted Tower...which was excellent by the way...as an "adventure-lite"...so I consider those more casual.

And yes...Mystery Lover...there are those of us who enjoy adventure games as well as casual games. I do tend to more adventure-lite and Interactive Hidden Object games...IHOG... (such as Ravenhurst, Return to Ravenhurst, and the other Mystery Case File games) versus straight HOGs which can get boring.

Right now....casual games are all I have time for. The pile of adventures that I have purchased but have yet to play is getting deeper and deeper!

I finished Dire Grove...which was outstanding not long ago, and yesterday I finally finished Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger. That is basically a "Nancy Drew Lite."

It takes time and committment to delve into an adventure. Casual games you can pick up and put down and not forget the plot or premise. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:47 am

jkeerie does Drawn the Painted Tower have hidden objects in it as gameplay or is it puzzle driven ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 am

I think it had some hidden objects...but not like the usual. It was more puzzle oriented. You had to find things to use to help the main character in her adventure. It felt more like an adventure game...but not at all difficult. I really enjoyed it a lot!
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:15 am

I loved Drawn the Painted Tower. That is much more adventure like than Hidden object.
Dire Grove was awesome! Be Brave Gelert, give it a try! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 am

Mystery Lover wrote:
It would be awesome if adventure companies would allow some free game time, to see if you like the game or not.
Never tried it myself, but I believe most new adventuregames have demo's that are actually a fragment/chapter of the full game. So that would be sort like a trial version. Plus they don't have that 1 hour time limit (I think).
As for casuals: they exclude everything I love about adventuregames, so I'll just finish that 1800 AG's I haven't played first, and then find a new hobby. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Hatshepsut,
Hi! Very Happy A casual game I tried recently is no hidden object. Try "The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1" It is all puzzles!! I was very surprised. This one is right up your alley. JKeerie, you would like this one too!!!
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm

I downloaded the trial of that one ML...but haven't played it as yet. If it's puzzles, I'll probably like it.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:09 pm

HandsFree you still have alot of adventures to play. I have about 150 in my to play pile right now and continue to add to it. There are so many interesting sounding games I just can't resist buying them.

MysteryLover if The Fall Triology is all puzzle then I would like it. I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

hatshepsut farao
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Well, I don't have 1800 games waiting. Around 30 I think.
It's just that I have played about 200 adventures, and Gelert claims there are 2000. Laughing
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:33 pm

HandsFree I thought that was what you meant but with the vast number of games that adventure gamers collect I wasn't sure Laughing . I estimate that there are about 1500 games that I don't have or haven't played.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:08 am

I admit that I really enjoy playing the hidden object games. My newest purchase from bigfish is 'The Fall Trilogy' which I know is more puzzle than hidden object, but it looks good!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:35 am

Quote:
"Any Casual Game Players out There???"

If you are talking about what I am wearing when I play adventure games then, yes, I love to wear comfortable casual clothes while playing games. Does this make me a "Casual Game Player"? Why do you want to know what I wear? scratch
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:27 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:21 am

Just finished The Fall Trilogy. Lots of good puzzles there! Of course, the ending was rather anticlimatic. A sequel in the works I'm sure. Oh...and I don't think "Fall" has anything to do with a season. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:51 am

I bought 6 games from Big Fish so now I get a free bee!! Which shall I choose?? Sweeney Todd maybe, Green Moon....
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:54 am

I did the same thing. The daily deal was only $2.99 so that got me up to 3 games this month. So I got Green Moon, Clumsys 2 (I liked the trial) and Dream Chronicles 2 to round out my 6 games. Consequently...all I did was casual games this weekend. No real adventures. Oh well... I enjoyed the casual games though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 am

I enjoy them too! I'm getting addicted though!
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:56 am

It's easy to do...unless they're too easy. Then I just get bored and can't wait to finish!
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

I know, that's why i go with the IHOG's
Back to top Go down
Gunness
Wanderer's Apprentice
Gunness

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Now that Drawn: The Painted Tower has come up (interestingly, the search facility utterly fails to find it in this forum?). It was mentioned a few times in here so I downloaded the demo and thought I'd give it a shot. My five-year old daughter - who doesn't speak a word of English - thought it was a lot of fun so we played it together and ended up buying the full version. And I didn't regret it, but I guess that was mostly because we were having such a nice time together Smile

Out of curiousity, because I usually don't play "hidden adventure"/"adventure lite" type games or whatever it is people in here call them Smile Is Drawn a good example of this genre?
It looks awfully neat, and the story is mildly engaging, but even for a light filler I found the experience as such rather underwhelming. The game kept dragging me around by the nose - "Maybe the tree needs some water?" (and hey, I have two items, and one is a watering can!) - and that was without using the hint system. It also felt extremely linear, bordering on the claustrophobic. Almost nothing to do apart from solving the next puzzle.

I appreciate that it's supposed to be "lite" and casual, but even then I like things to be a bit more challenging. Perhaps this genre is just not for me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.solutionarchive.com
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:05 pm

Perhaps not. Sounds like you need to stick to Adventure fully. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi Gunness - and everybody for that matter (please pass the word around should anyone else be wondering) - the SEARCH function on this forum provider's forums is known to be seriously lacking in efficiency. The providers know this, but say we have to live with for now, unfortunately. I have asked about this in the past.

So ............... sorry folks. The SEARCH utility sucks! ............. and I can't do anything about it. Out of my hands. Any Casual Game Players out There??? 539266
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Casual Game Players out There???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next