Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!

Go down 
+4
velorond
AngDMC
hatshepsut
GreyFuss
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! Empty
PostSubject: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Do you like the Carol Reed games? Then you will love The Artifact...and its FREE!

This free indie game was brought to my attention at another Forum and after playing it I must say I hope the developer would keep up the good work with another game.

Like the Carol Reed games this one is done with actual photos of the Swedish countryside in a point & click, first person perspective. I particularly like the developers use of movement in some of the still shots like, curtains gently moving with the wind and water that actually moves. There also were a couple spots used with a 360 degree panning to help orient you. Give it a try and let us know what you think. You can download the game HERE .

There is also a FaceBook page for the game where there is talk about the Sequel, The Artifact II The Artifact on FaceBook

Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! Arti5_zpseff5e477

Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! Arti4_zpse4649d5d

Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! Arti3_zps38a36625

Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! Arti2_zpsc05debcc

Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! Arti1_zps4dcf38b6

Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! Arti6_zps15d2f1d4

Download The Artifact

Last edited by GreyFuss on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:40 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks GreyFuss it looks interesting but the link doesn't work for me.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Hats

Are you Clicking the "Skip Ad" button in the top right corner after a few seconds?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Yes GreyFuss I click on the skip button and it goes to a page that says download for the game but it doesn't work for me.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:04 am

Are you then clicking "Regular Download", Then on the next screen you will see a timer count down from 60 seconds. Once the timer expires you will see a password box. Type in the letters you see, hit enter and you should be ready to download. Try that.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 am

Ok I'll try that.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:18 am

Thanks GreyFuss that worked and I have it downloaded Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Thanks GF...downloading now. Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:25 pm

If it weren't for not hearing Carol Reeds voice, her theme music and usual characters you may not tell the difference. There are a few spots where you can pan 360 degrees but for the most part the movement is just like the Carol games. Music and some sound effects are good. In addition the developer did a great job of making movement in some pictures, curtains moving and he did a great job with making the water come alive with movement and sound. In fact there is one point where you cross a babbling brook and the movement and sound make it seem real.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 6:41 am

I love this type of game. A lot of work was put in it for sure. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
velorond
Wanderer's Apprentice
velorond

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Hey it´s me Velorond/Johan, the creator of this game.
Hope you people who played it liked it!

And thanks Greyfuss for spreading the word!!
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi Velorond, thanks a lot for your game!
I played it some months ago and I liked it a lot, it's fascinating!
I hope that you are going on creating beautiful games.

Now I can't remember how I found it, anyway thanks GreyFuss for pointing at it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:57 pm

I just finished all of the Carol Reed games and had totally forgotten about this. Glad I looked. Smile
Can I still download it from somewhere? It seems the file has been removed.
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:12 pm

This link works Camaro, try it: The Artifact
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi velorond Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! 506268 to Adventure Point I hope you visit us often. I understand that you are currently working on another game. Can you tell us something about it ? Is it a sequel to The Artifact ? What stage of developement is it in ?

Thanks for the link struzzo Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
velorond
Wanderer's Apprentice
velorond

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 am

Thank you! cheers

yes the new game is a sequel to the first Artifact game.
Im from Sweden so i thought i´ll make the game during winter this time. Smile
But my camera broke and the project stopped. But don´t worry, i will continue working on it.

I have a facebook page for The Artifact that you could like if you want to.
I don´t have the link but try searching for it. pirat
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Updated the first post to show the new download link and a link to the games FaceBook page. Also refreshed the screenshot links.
Back to top Go down
velorond
Wanderer's Apprentice
velorond

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Thanks Greyfuss!!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Camaro you can download the game from the link in the first post. Click on the link, then click on skip ad in the corner when it appears. You should now see The Artifact with two clocks below. When the seconds countdown click on the regular mode. Type in the word that appears then click on the download button for the Artifact. Enjoy.

Thanks GreyFuss for updating the post Smile

Velerond sorry to hear that your camera broke. Hopefully you can get another camera soon. All the best of luck on the game and hopefully it will soon be finished and we will be playing it. Please keep coming back when you can and letting us know about your progress.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Thanks everyone, I've started the game. It did seem a bit of a challenge to download this and all but it was worth it. Cool
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:39 am

Glad you got it downloaded Camaro, Enjoy the game Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:57 pm

It's fun that you can go on-line and re-visit some of the locations. From the name of the restaurant and the six passenger lift I'm guessing one of the locations is Isaberg Ski Resort. The stones at the summit of Mittaklappen are present although it does appear as if, uhm, they may have been rearranged. Smile
Back to top Go down
velorond
Wanderer's Apprentice
velorond

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Camaro wrote:
It's fun that you can go on-line and re-visit some of the locations. From the name of the restaurant and the six passenger lift I'm guessing one of the locations is Isaberg Ski Resort. The stones at the summit of Mittaklappen are present although it does appear as if, uhm, they may have been rearranged. Smile

The lift is at Funäsdalsberget, their site is funasdalsberget.se
And the stones at Mittåkläppen... i guess people like to put stone piles there when they get to the top.
I was pretty tired when i had walked all the way up there. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:57 pm

velorond wrote:
The lift is at Funäsdalsberget, their site is funasdalsberget.se

Oh darn, I wasn't even close. No
If I had translated the name of the restaurant I probably would have deduced that it was a popular establishment at other similar locations. As a matter of fact, there it is right on the trail map. study
Best regards on your next game!
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Thank you GreyFuss, grabbing it right now flower
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!   Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE! Empty

Back to top Go down

Do You Like Carol Reed? Then you will Love The Artifact & its FREE!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next