Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
colpet
Wanderer's Apprentice
colpet

List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)? Empty
PostSubject: List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)?   List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Miraculously, there has been some offerings lately. I'm afraid I'm going to miss something, so if anyone know of others, please add it to this thread.
The Five Cores
Kairo
ASA a Space Adventure
Amarhys
Prominence
Cradle
Xing
Rhem 5

I'm looking for fantasy or SF 1st person games, lots of exploration and experimentation to work out puzzles. No action/timed/combat and minimal dialogue and Idealy no other characters unless in cut senes. I prefer mouse centered gameplay, but as long as I can program my mouse for keyboard characters, I'll accept keyboard controls.
I will play horror/suspence games, but prefer brighter environments.
Updates:
Reset
Gone Home
Ages of Ilathid
Montague's Mount
Adamanthus
The Witness
Ether One
and possibly:
Coma a Mind Adventure
Dream

Last edited by colpet on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)?   List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:56 pm

colpet wrote:
Miraculously, there has been some offerings lately. I'm afraid I'm going to miss something, so if anyone know of others, please add it to this thread.
The Five Cores
Kairo
ASA a Space Adventure
Amarhys
Prominence
Cradle
Xing
Rhem 5

Yay! More Myst-type games in store for me (and other Myst lovers)! cheers

colpet wrote:
I'm looking for fantasy or SF 1st person games, lots of exploration and experimentation to work out puzzles. No action/timed/combat and minimal dialogue and Idealy no other characters unless in cut senes. I prefer mouse centered gameplay, but as long as I can program my mouse for keyboard characters, I'll accept keyboard controls.
I will play horror/suspence games, but prefer brighter environments.

Same with me, Colpet, although I don't program my mouse - I just use it (point/click).

EDIT - Just bookmarked this thread for future reference when ready to buy another game. Thanks for the heads up, Colpet.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)?   List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)? EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:51 am

Possibly (hopefully) RESET fits the bill

Quote :
The Game

Reset is a single player co-op first person puzzle game with a strong emphasis on story and atmosphere. The unique game mechanic in Reset is the ability to travel back in time to solve puzzles co-operatively, with yourself.

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)?   List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)? EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:58 am

And hopefully GONE HOME will also prove to meet the specifications

Quote :
About Gone Home

The middle of the night. Early summer, 1995. A storm whips rain against the windows of your family’s house. It’s your first time visiting after being away for a year. Where is everyone? And what’s happened here?

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)?   List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)? EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:07 am

And what true Myst fan would not be excited to see The Ages of Ilathid completed and released

Quote :
The Ages of Ilathid is an upcoming MYST fan-game which will feature 9 new Ages, once inhabited by a mysterious people.

Before Myst III:Exile, Atrus started searching for D'ni survivors and Linking Books in the Old D'ni City and Ages. As he found them, more helped with the enormous task. You are one of these survivors. Lost from your team, you enter an old crack in a stone wall to find yourself in a ruined tunnel. However, the tunnel entrance collapses behind you as you enter, leaving you stranded and alone, with no other hope but to find an alternate way out.

---

"My time is short, I must act quickly.

Atrus gave us hope and imbued us with the mission of finding linking books in the old City. However, my passion blinded me. My companions warned me not to enter this dangerous place, but out of desperation and our failure to find any linking books thus far, I boldly explored this ominous chamber.

Now, I am alone. I have become separated from my team and I fear I may be the only survivor. I MUST find a linking book soon. My foolishness may have cost my team their lives, and now all hope for restoring D'ni is in danger of dying along with me.

I have no more time to write, already the ceiling is collapsing."

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)?   List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)? EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:15 am

Maybe Montague's Mount will make the cut, not sure

Quote :
From Polypusher Studios comes Montague's Mount, a first person psychological rollercoaster ride through isolation, desolation and one man's tortured mind all set against the bleakness of an isolated Irish island.

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)?   List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)? EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:59 am

Gone Home and Montague's Mount look and sound very interesting.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

PostSubject: Re: List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)?   List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)? EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:21 pm

They have pretty graphics, but the description of "Gone Home" at YouTube says "Gone Home is a firstperson game with no combat or puzzles. It is a pure exploration and story discovery game."

That sounds more like "Dear Esther" than a Myst type game.

It's a bit early in development to see what the other two will be like, though Reset at least mentions puzzles and Ilathid is supposed to be Mystlike.

Interesting finds though, GreyFuss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)?   List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)? Empty

Back to top Go down

List of new or upcoming Myst-like games (for PC)?
Page 1 of 1