Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you know that....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

Did you know that.... Empty
PostSubject: Did you know that....   Did you know that.... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:19 am

....the Reality may be different? Smile

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Did you know that....   Did you know that.... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:33 am

Very interesting tsampikos. I had always thought that Nero was in Rome when it burned. It never dawned on me that the violin hadn't been invented yet. Did you know that.... 402982

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

PostSubject: Re: Did you know that....   Did you know that.... EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:17 pm

I always figured that Nero used one of the ancestors of the violin.
Maybe one of the things on this page...
http://violin.koopal.com/violin-history.htm

Of course it comes as no surprise that he was 30 miles away when Rome was burning.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Did you know that....   Did you know that.... EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:42 am

I always thought Nero fiddled while Rome burned. I guess I was wrong all this time.

I wonder now why people believed this?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Did you know that....   Did you know that.... EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:07 am

Possibly the same people that say Marconi invented radio .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Did you know that....   Did you know that.... EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi Faust. You are probably right about that. Who really knows. I don't know about Marconi but very often someone is credited for inventing something because they got to the patent office first. Actually there are quite a few people who are credited with discovering or inventing something that someone else really discovered or invented.

In the case of Nero I expect that myth got started right after Rome burned.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Did you know that....   Did you know that.... EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:06 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
Hi Faust. You are probably right about that. Who really knows. I don't know about Marconi but very often someone is credited for inventing something because they got to the patent office first. Actually there are quite a few people who are credited with discovering or inventing something that someone else really discovered or invented.

In the case of Nero I expect that myth got started right after Rome burned.

hatshepsut

You may be correct Hats . In the case of radio , that little invention is from the mind of Nikola Tesla . Tesla is also responsible for Alternate Current electricity .I may be mistaken , but , I think that elementary (k-12) books still credit Marconi with inventing radio even though that patent was properly given to Tesla in the 1950's .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you know that....   Did you know that.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you know that....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: THIS AND THAT :: General Talk, Comments or Questions-
Jump to: