Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions Empty
PostSubject: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Check this out folks. It's been around a while and may have passed under the radar of many of us.
It looks pretty good.

And only 6USD $1.98 for all THREE episodes. Very Happy

The Antique Chronicles
(an Adventure game from Bob Johnston of Distant Star Productions)

The info. from the website . . . .

The Antique Chronicles

3D, First Person, Win98,ME,XP,2000 (perhaps Bob can confirm it's runnability on newer systems)

An Adventure game where you

Search for King Solomon's Gold Mine

and Try to Rescue the Kidnapped Archeologist

IN 3 DOWNLOADABLE EPISODES

First released in 2007 the Price is now reduced

Originally sold for $4.95 each and $9.90 for all

Download each episode One at a time for $.99 or get all three for the price of Two $1.98

http://www.distantstarproductions.com/

The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions Antiqu11
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks Gelert

I remember reading about this when episode 1 first released. I can't be sure but something must have turned me off. Did you play it Gelert? Maybe its keyboard controlled as I can't find any info on the controls and that might be why I bypassed this. Are there any reviews that you know of?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi Greyfuss
I have only pleayed a demo disk that was sent to me a few years ago.
Bob has contacted me now to say that all 3 are available at that price.
I'll ask him to pop by. But, if that doesn't happen, do you want his Email address ?
Gelert
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Gelert wrote:
Hi Greyfuss
I have only pleayed a demo disk that was sent to me a few years ago.
Bob has contacted me now to say that all 3 are available at that price.
I'll ask him to pop by. But, if that doesn't happen, do you want his Email address ?
Gelert

Sounds like a cool game to me. But I'm not ready to buy it this month, I probably will be ready to buy all 3 episodes next month. May I have Bob's email address, please?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:44 am

GreyFuss the game is mouse and keyboard control. There is a review that can be found Here

Thanks for letting us know Gelert. That's a very reasonable price and sounds like an interesting game. The screenshots are great Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks Hats

Thanks for the review link, I now remember reading that way back then.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:26 pm

You are welcome GreyFuss Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 am

Well, I couldn't resist that low price for all 3 episodes, so I sprang for them. cheers
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:25 am

Looking forward to your review when you are done AlienBZ
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
Looking forward to your review when you are done AlienBZ

Sure (whenever I can spare time to play among my schoolwork and other hobbies, of which PC gaming is one of these hobbies).

er, do you know of where I can get any walkthoughs for these 3 episodes, GF, anyone?

@GF, I just sent you an email of Bob's email address.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Thank you AB
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:11 am

I played the demo of Antique Chronicles a few years back. It was pretty long, I think it covered most of episode 1. I remember the game was a bit clunky in mechanics and seemed a tad buggy. This is not a bit criticism though considering when the game was released and the fact that I was trying to play it on a relatively high powered WinXP computer. I recall the movements were fast and hard to control due to my fast PC I think. I believe I moved around via the keyboard and used my mouse to interact with characters, inventory, etc. The graphics were decent considering the time the game was released. I saved the url to buy the other episodes, but alas it has always been one of those games I kept putting off for a later purchase. At the current price point, I don't see any reason to not try the game out.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:33 pm

People, re the review of the Ancient Chronicles that I said I was going to do after buying this game - I'm sorry, but I have too many other things to do so I'll have to pass the job of reviewing this game to someone else.

My sincere apologies.

I hope you understand.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions   The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions Empty

Back to top Go down

The Antique Chronicles . . . . from Distant Star Productions
Page 1 of 1