Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Follow(s)-up you would love to see - no matter how seemingly unlikely.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Follow(s)-up you would love to see - no matter how seemingly unlikely.   Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 pm

TenNapel has officially announced a new Neverhood-type game. Tentative 'YIPPEEEEEE !!!' cheers

Mullane has idea of what he would like to see but if you had your pick of dream follow-ups (or is it follows-up ?), let us now UP TO FIVE you'd love to see that ARE NOT already planned or in progress.

With Kickstarter, anything is possible... almost ! Wink

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.

Last edited by Gelert on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Follow(s)-up you would love to see - no matter how seemingly unlikely.   Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Off the top of my head - BONK ! - here are my 5 ...

Discworld Noir
Stupid Invaders
Grim Fandango
The Longest Journey - A GENUINE same-style and gameplay in EVERY way
Toonstruck

.. and one action-advenure which is a long-running fan project still in production . . .

Outcast

... These would make me drevel with pleasure ...

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Follow(s)-up you would love to see - no matter how seemingly unlikely.   Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:45 pm

There are so many that deserve another installment, so it's very hard to decide.

The Dig - Something about the atmosphere really got to me, in a good way.

Sam and Max: HTR - It's an absolute travesty that the sequel was canned.

Little Big Adventure - I really enjoy the mix of adventure and platforming. Needs more.

I wouldn't mind a more traditional follow-up to Machinarium.

Toonstruck - 1 of the first few adventure games that I played (Maniac Mansion was the first). I loved the hell out of this game and would often speed run through it on the holidays. I think 4 hours was a good time for me. In reality it's probably pretty slow. As far as I know? this is in the works or something is happening but there are licence issues. Put it on the list anyway.

A few months ago Broken Sword and The Neverhood would have made the list easily.

Last edited by Mullane on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Follow(s)-up you would love to see - no matter how seemingly unlikely.   Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Yes. Broken Sword 1 and 2 were fantastic.

Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Follow(s)-up you would love to see - no matter how seemingly unlikely.   Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:22 am

I wouldn't know where to begin because every time I think a game series is done then a kickstarter starts up.

There seems to be several rumblings of projects, but I would like to finally see an updated game based on the 11th hour theme. Same with Phantasmagoria.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Follow(s)-up you would love to see - no matter how seemingly unlikely.   Today at 4:12 am

Back to top Go down

Follow(s)-up you would love to see - no matter how seemingly unlikely.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1