Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Bill
Wanderer's Apprentice
Mr. Bill

The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill Empty
PostSubject: The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill   The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Hello Dear Friends,

Wanted you to know that we have just posted our review of The Book of Unwritten Tales.

Sorry it took so long, but illnesses prevented us from finishing the game over a year ago. We are doing much better now and got to finish the game and the review. As a matter of fact we are playing it again for a third time. Smile

Enjoy,

Bill and Lela
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrbillsadventureland.com
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill   The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:58 pm

Thanks for a wonderful review Mr. Bill A character sounding exactly like Antonio Banderas is a big plus. I'm going to move this game up on my to buy list Smile

Sorry to hear that you were ill for so long. Glad you are doing much better now.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill   The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:39 pm

This game is a "must" if you like adventure games! I had more fun with BOUT than I've had with a game of any genre in a very long time.

Glad to hear you and Lela and doing better now - let's hope it stays that way!
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill   The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:00 pm

A very nice review Mr. Bill! Smile I would like to ask. I have read that the game doesn't support 16:9 aspect ratio, so that there is no actual fullscreen. Game runs with black borders. Is it really like that?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bill
Wanderer's Apprentice
Mr. Bill

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill   The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi tsampikos,

We used 1024 x 768 resolution under Win XP and I am not familiar with what 16:9 aspect ratio involves. I am using a computer that is 7 or so years old and expected to have difficulties, but did not. I am having difficulty with some new games because they want shader 2 (mine has pixel shader 1) This game was Five Cores. Another wanted shader 3 (The Cave). Anyway everything was, for us, a full screen view. We think even the videos appeared to us as full screen except that a few video screenshots I took showed a bottom and top black border. I doubt that I answered your question, but this is all I know.

Take care,

Bill
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill   The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:22 pm

Thank you for your answer Mr. Bill. 16:9 aspect ratio is the one that the new Widescreen Monitors have. You have probably a classic tetragon monitor (aspect ratio 4:3), since 1024x768 resolution indicates this.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bill
Wanderer's Apprentice
Mr. Bill

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill   The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:12 pm

That is correct tsampikos, I do have the older monitor. Thank you for the info because when I get a new monitor it will be a widescreen. You should ask that question at the King Art Games Forum (http://forum.kingart-games.com/).

Take care,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill   The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 pm

tsampikos wrote:
A very nice review Mr. Bill! Smile I would like to ask. I have read that the game doesn't support 16:9 aspect ratio, so that there is no actual fullscreen. Game runs with black borders. Is it really like that?
The aspect ratio for the game is 16:10 so the resolution on my notebook display is 1440 x 900. (as opposed to 1600 x 900 fullscreen)
The 3/4" wide black borders are hardly noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill   The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill Empty

Back to top Go down

The Book of Unwritten Tales Review by Mr. Bill
Page 1 of 1