Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flight of the Amazon Queen

Go down 
+2
mindysue
hatshepsut
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Flight of the Amazon Queen Empty
PostSubject: Flight of the Amazon Queen   Flight of the Amazon Queen EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 4:16 am

GOG  now has Flight of the Amazon Queen for free download.  Flight of the Amazon Queen is a very good  adventure  game. So if you never played it or just want to play it again you can find it at GOG  here Flight of the Amazon Queen

Enjoy Smile 

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen   Flight of the Amazon Queen EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:11 pm

I have really great memories of playing Flight of the Amazon Queen years ago. It was one of the free games at another gamers forum and came with a walkthrough, which I downloaded at the same time. I enjoyed the game so much that I sent an email to the address on the walkthrough, thanking them for such a great game! As it turned out the email address was no longer valid, so the game was older than I realized at the time. Later I found out that the game was originally a commercial game that was eventually released as a freebie. How often does that happen?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen   Flight of the Amazon Queen EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 10:35 pm

I really enjoyed playing Flight of the Amazon Queen too. It's still one of my favorites.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen   Flight of the Amazon Queen EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 11:36 pm

Got my copy yesterday .
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen   Flight of the Amazon Queen EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:09 am

Really good that this is on GOG. Coz it's notoriously hard to get to run. I love my boxes but modern day ways of playing games sure do have their advantages ! ...... GOD !!! I sound old !!!!! ............................. hang on ! ...... I am. .................lol Wink
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen   Flight of the Amazon Queen EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:14 am

I hear ya Gelert. Before this was a game that needed you to allocate a lot of memory in the config.sys file I think to actually run in DOS. I know many people have had an easy time playing it using ScummVM. It has been a freeware release at that site for a while now along with a few other games like Drascula. I haven't tried the GOG version, but I assume they already have a working Dosbox wrapper for it. I like GOG a lot also and try to give them my business when I can.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen   Flight of the Amazon Queen EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Gelert wrote:
Really good that this is on GOG. Coz it's notoriously hard to get to run. I love my boxes but modern day ways of playing games sure do have their advantages ! ...... GOD !!! I sound old !!!!! ............................. hang on ! ...... I am. .................lol Wink
Nah. You started playing computer games when you were 3 years old, didn't you?

I see that Flight of the Amazon Queen is also for Macs. It's one I definitely want to play.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen   Flight of the Amazon Queen EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:03 am

Lady Kestrel wrote:
Gelert wrote:
Nah.  You started playing computer games when you were 3 years old, didn't you?

I see that Flight of the Amazon Queen is also for Macs.  It's one I definitely want to play.
Nope...... I was banned from playing them as a kid..... made up for it since though. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen   Flight of the Amazon Queen Empty

Back to top Go down

Flight of the Amazon Queen
Page 1 of 1