Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naughty Missing Drac Again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

Naughty Missing Drac Again Empty
PostSubject: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 2:23 am

Hello, everyone!  I know I've been missing for a long period of time again.  For the last year, I've made eight 1200 mile round trips up to NW Iowa to deal with issues concerning my mother.  She's doing great, but had to go to a nursing home in May.  It's a tiny little place and they take wonderful care of her.  She's feisty and still plays cards and all the things she loves to do.  Her knees are just not cooperating any more and her mobility is greatly reduced.  Several of the trips were to get her house sold.  She turned 90 in October and we had a big birthday party will all of her 22 great-grandchildren and the rest of the family.

In between trips up there, I grew 140 tomato plants and am still working down at Longmeadow Rescue Ranch.  I also upgraded my desktop and even got to play Metro Last light in my spare time!  

Just got back from my last trip for the year yesterday and hope to settle in for the winter at my computer and spend more time here.  I pledged to the new Asylum Kickstarter and am really looking forward to the game.

I recently played Journey of a Roach and Lily Looking Through, so I'm even getting in some adventure gaming.

Hope everyone is doing great and it's good to be back again!
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi Draclvr, wow, I feel exhausted reading your message. I'm glad your mom is doing good in the home. Wow, 90 years young, good for her and still plays cards. Is her knee problem cartilage related, is she able to take Glucosamine Sulfate. That helps my knees when they get bad.

I'm as guilty for not being around much, people tell me with everything I got going on it's a wonder I have time to sleep. I'm waiting for a Xmas movie I made to upload to Vimeo then I'll post it, hope you'll enjoy it. Well I'm off to make the rounds, it's good to talk to you again and I hope you have a wonderful Xmas  santa 
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 4:08 am

Hi Draclvr good to see you again. Tou have been busy. Sounds like your Mom is a real go getter. Glad she still has alot of spunk .

I guess with that many tomato plants you did a lot of canning and salsa making.  Very Happy 

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 6:50 pm

I think we put up at least 70 gallons of salsa, spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce! But that's split up amongst about 7 people. Good eating in the winter though!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 5:34 pm

70 gallons sounds like a lot but if you are like us you use a lot of salsa and sauce pretty fast. We use a lot of salsa. It so good with a lot of different foods. Enjoy  Very Happy 

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Hmm, what is the difference between salsa and sauce? They both sound the same to me. J do know what spaghetti sauce is, it's salsa that I'm confused about.
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Salsa is more of a Mexican thing. When translated, it also means sauce, but it is usually somewhat chunky and spicy with peppers, onions, tomatoes and seasonings. It is typically served as a condiment along with chips, but is also served a hundred different ways.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks, Draclvr,
It was using salsa with chips that confused me, I think. Made it seem too solid/thick to me to qualify as a sauce, so I thought maybe it was more of a salad type of food, but that never quite fit either. I guess I would call it a "chunky" sauce. So what are some of the many things it is good with? Maybe you can tell I'm not a good cook, in fact, I don't cook at all. My husband took over that chore years ago. He actually likes to read cookbooks and collect recipes!
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 10:36 pm

There is no end to recipes for salsa! Like I said, it is generally used as more of a condiment.

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/dips-and-spreads/salsa/

Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi Draclvr,
I didn't want recipes for salsa, I just wondered where it was used. In any case, Tom googled for recipes and he also found out people use salsa on eggs and cottage cheese. I never would have guessed that!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi mindysue. We use salsa for a chip dip also. We also use it on omelets, scrambled eggs. hash browns, tacos, burritos, just about any Mexican dish. I also put a little salsa in meatloaf, Spanish rice, chicken and rice casserole Just about any dish that I want to spice up a little bit. You could Google salsa and find a lot more uses for salsa than what I thought of.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks everybody, my curiosity about salsa is more than satisfied by now, since I started with only knowing about using it with chips.
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Now, I need to go down in the basement and get a jar and open it up! Think I'll go for some of my Chipotle Garlic Salsa! Yum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naughty Missing Drac Again   Naughty Missing Drac Again Empty

Back to top Go down

Naughty Missing Drac Again
Page 1 of 1