Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cool news for old adventure game fans

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

Cool news for old adventure game fans Empty
PostSubject: Cool news for old adventure game fans   Cool news for old adventure game fans EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Double Fine is starting a new Amnesia Fortnight, inviting us to choose the three game projects which will be made. And, IMO, one of them seems like a dream come true for the fans of 1990s adventures.

It's called Eras of Adventure, and it would chronicle the history of adventure games (i. e. it would begin as a text adventure, then an oldschool EGA game like Maniac Mansion, then a DOTT or Sam & Max-style, then Toonstruck or CMI, and so on), all tied together with a single plotline. Expect lots of references, pastiches, homages, etc.

I suggest that we support it, there are only 2 days left:
https://www.humblebundle.com/doublefine
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Cool news for old adventure game fans   Cool news for old adventure game fans EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Sounds like an interesting adventure. Thanks for letting us know.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Cool news for old adventure game fans   Cool news for old adventure game fans EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:43 am

Hmm, what are the other two projects? Among the games mentioned above, I only played Sam and Max Hit the Road.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Era of adventures   Cool news for old adventure game fans EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 1:43 am

I like the concept of Era of Adventures. I think there was an indie RPG game that explored a similar type concept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool news for old adventure game fans   Cool news for old adventure game fans Empty

Back to top Go down

Cool news for old adventure game fans
Page 1 of 1