Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yoomurjak's Ring

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptySun May 11, 2014 1:05 am

I finally got around to loading this game up on the PC. I've heard nothing but nice things about it. As an FMV fan, it seems decent so far. Admittedly, I have not gotten too far yet. I wasted a bunch of time walking around the town and getting good and lost, ha ha. It wasn't until 2 hours later that I finally got on track and started clicking hot spots on the map to progress right to the few areas that one can enter.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptySun May 11, 2014 4:33 am

lol I can't think how many times I've wandered around in a game to the point I had no idea where I was or what I supposed to be doing.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptySun May 18, 2014 2:16 am

he he, yeah! Yoomurjak's Ring is especially open ended at the beginning. It just plops you right in your hotel room and gives you the whole town to explore right from the beginning. If I was paying better attention, I would have clicked the map early on and focused on the hot spots. But I kind of got into just walking around the town square. I've made a decent bit of progress in the last week. I'd guess I'm around half way through now. Had to check a walkthrough a few times thus far.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:09 pm

I would have given Yoomurjaks Ring a rare A in my book ( I just don't give A's out to too many games ) if it would have been dubbed. The story was great...I think, The acting was great...I think...the scenery and gameplay were great...I think, the puzzles were great I think....You see I was too busy trying to read what they were saying I missed what was gone on in the screen. And because I couldn't keep up or absorb the subtitles before it disappeared I kept having to stop the game, stop the flow and go to the section where I could read the text of what was said. This is compounded more and more as the characters talk faster and faster as the game goes on as does their excitement. I actually saw no reason why they couldn't have dubbed in at least English, other games have like Conspiracies 1 & 2 for instance. Too bad, as it could have been in my top ten...I think but too much of it was like trying to read a book with someone else and they are turning the pages before you have finished read it because they are faster.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptyMon May 26, 2014 12:27 am

GreyFuss, I most definitely see your point! I am finding the puzzles in this game to be quite hard, and having to read a bunch of books (even with the text translated) is turning it all a bit frustrating for me. That doesn't even touch on the speed of the translated video scenes, which while I can keep up with, does distract the eye from watching the nuances of the video.

I'm on day 5 now I think and would recommend the game to others, but some of the puzzles were just too hard for me. For example, that puzzle in recreating the family crest? Wow, there was no way I could have done that on my own without checking the walkthrough (and checking it again and again because I still kept screwing up). I also find the map getting very crowded with locations to visit by day 5, such that I keep forgetting what is where. I still find the town of Eger to be very interesting to explore though. I appreciate the ambition of the game.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptyMon May 26, 2014 8:16 pm

lakerz wrote:
 I still find the town of Eger to be very interesting to explore though.

I can certainly agree with you there my friend. Fine picture taking for sure. I wish there were more makers that would give this type of game a try. Love exploring the real country sides in games like the Carol Reeds, Capri and the like. Speaking of Capri I have heard a rumor that the 3rd game, THE CAPRI CONNECTION, is quite near finished and may soon be released. Can't wait to explore the Island again.

As for Yoomurjak, go get em Lakez
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptyTue May 27, 2014 1:20 am

I did not know that The Capri Connection was almost finished. I though the kickstarter for that game did not do too well? I guess the developer found other ways to get the income needed to develop anyways which is good news of course. I can't say for sure, but it appeared to me that the first two games sold decently well and had a big fan group.

Well, back to exploring Eger in day 5 for me. I'm hunting down weird looking symbols in a park while trying to avoid this thug who keeps punching me, LOL.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:19 am

According to the Capri Connection web site, May 13th, the game is near gold status. MaG at Gameboomers has already played the game and written a Walkthrough for them.  http://www.caprisaga.com/diary.html Scroll down to the bottom for the most recent news.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 1:19 am

Cool, thanks for the link. Soooo....only 100 boxed version to be sold? That's unfortunate.

I finished Yoomurjak's Ring finally. Had to cheat another few times to figure out the obscure puzzles this game throws at you. Again, I can say there is no way I would have completed this game without a walkthrough. Overall, the game gave me a good sense of what to do next, but some of those puzzles were too much for me. Glad I played through it though, and it was bug free on Win7 64-bit.

Now, onto the next game, still deciding what it will be. I'm thinking either Downfall, which is an older indie adventure horror game, or Dark Fall, another older horror game I've never gotten around to playing. I'm hoping they play nice with Win7.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:27 pm

lakerz according to the list at GB that Draclver made, Dark Fall the Journal, Dark Fall Lights Out and Dark Fall Lost Souls will all play on win 7   Smile 

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 2:20 am

Thanks hats! That's good news, I hate fiddling with settings. I loaded up Downfall, but will queue up the Dark Fall series...
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Enjoy the games lakerz  Smile  Dark Fall Lights Out made my hair stand on end more than once  affraid 

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yoomurjak's Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoomurjak's Ring   Yoomurjak's Ring Empty

Back to top Go down

Yoomurjak's Ring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: Adventure Game Discussions-
Jump to: