Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review Empty
PostSubject: Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review   Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 1:24 am

I recently finished playing Dreamscapes: The Sandman Collector's Edition and thought I would give my 2 cents. This game is not really a hidden object, much more of an adventure lite type game. The only objects you search for (besides the inventory items) are these little creatures called elementals as well as diary pages. Both are not necessary for the main quest I believe, just there for the hunting should one feel compelled to.

Graphics are nice throughout, not a surprise as the developer behind the series seems to be consistent in quality with their projects. Music and sound were also fine, lending a bit of atmosphere during the course of the game. Dreamscapes: The Sandman is not a difficult game. Some of the items can be a tad tricky to find. Be prepared to click all over the screen to uncover hidden spots. Yet, for the most part, I had little trouble, and there is a decent hint system that points one in the right direction should you get stuck. The collector's edition had an extra chapter that immediately follows the conclusion of the regular game. It was a nice addition to the game but not necessary for those who just purchase the base game. It probably added two hours to the 6 or so hours I spent on the regular game, and there were no plot revelations that made me go wow, I'm glad I played the extra chapter.

In closing, do not buy this game if all you want is hidden object scenes. Do check this game out if you are interested in an easy to pick up and play casual adventure lite game that won't tax the brain all that hard. I find these games fun to play when I want to relax for a few hours before bed. Easy to pick up and put down.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review   Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 1:36 am

Thank you for the information lakerz, I had been wondering about this little game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review   Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:49 pm

I have been interested in this game ever since I've seen this thread, but have never been able to find it at BFG so I finally decided it wasn't a BFG game. Today I decided to give it one more try and since quite a bit of time has passed I figured it would be an older game and maybe that's why I was having no luck at finding it. (My brain finally kicked in, i guess.) Anyway, today I looked for the game by genre, looked at the list for all Hidden Object games and I had to scroll quite a long way down, but finally, there it was, Dreamscapes: The Sandman. I immediately clicked on it and while reading about the girl and her dreams and losing the dreamcatcher, I had the feeling that I had played a game just like this. Sure enough, back in April, 2013. Good game, too!

Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review   Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 12:42 am

Ah, so you bought the same game twice? One nice thing about BigFish is that if you try to purchase a game more than once (I'm guilty of this), BigFish will tell you that you already own the game in your library and asks if you want to re-install it.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review   Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 4:53 am

That's one of the nice things about BigFish, you are reminded that you already own the game if you try to order it again. Which I have done several times and am always surprised when it happens. Not this time though because I remembered the dreamcatcher when I read about the game before buying it and checked my list of games to make sure.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review   Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:07 am

That is a good thing about BigFish. I am constantly forgetting the causal games that I buy or have played.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review   Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreamscapes: The Sandman CE mini review
Page 1 of 1