Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project Empty
PostSubject: Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project   Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 9:45 am

There's another great Kickstarter project I wanted to share with you. It is very heavily inspired by the LucasArts classics and includes a lot of references to them. It is based on a cult Portuguese comic, and the storyline is set in Lisbon. It involves a werewolf private detective, his demon assistant, a talking gargoyle head and a young pizza boy solving all sorts of mysteries. The plot premise is this:

In ages past, Lisbon was the stage of great power struggles, a powerful capital and a strategic point that separated the Old Continent from the vast ocean that lead into the New World. Nowadays things haven't changed that much. What looks like a normal city extends its webs of mystery like an iceberg, deep beneath its surface. For the supernatural beings of this planet, Lisbon is the new Casablanca, a terrain that belongs to no one, where the hidden politics of an unseen world are at play and normal folks stress to build a life among all the forces in conflict. It is an asylum for the disenfranchised hordes of vampires, goblins and other such creatures but, like any other place like it, it's also harrased by the interest of different political agendas, secret societies and organized crime. In Lisbon, every shadow has eyes and every eye is witness to a new mystery.

Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project 6d32e24e47daf93e0ff54e0b3f8b0d50_large
Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project Xslide_mendoza.jpg.pagespeed.ic.bgf_JKk5Qc

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/942343365/the-interactive-adventures-of-dog-mendonca-and-piz
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project   Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 9:33 pm

sounds good thanks for letting us know.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project   Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 12:14 am

I also have my eye on this one...looking very nice so far
Back to top Go down
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project   Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 1:02 pm

BTW, the game demo is already there:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/942343365/the-interactive-adventures-of-dog-mendonca-and-piz/posts/1024079

I really recommend it, it looks very LucasArts-ish. And by the way, there are only five days left for the campaign!
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project   Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 11:37 pm

I downloaded the demo and it hung up on me. after I went into the basement, I couldn't do anything. It seems like it would be an interesting game though.
Back to top Go down
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project   Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 12:57 pm

3000 $ left and 6 hours to go, I hope they will make it!
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project   Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 12:55 am

Squeeked the last few needed donations right before the kickstarter ended. I'm glad for them, hope this game will be a success.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project   Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project Empty

Back to top Go down

Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy: a new LucasArts-ish project
Page 1 of 1