Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Empty
PostSubject: Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove   Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:48 am

First game I ever played at Big Fish was Mystery Case Files: Ravenhurst. So Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove feels like a reunion and so far it is a nice one and I'm enjoying it very much. I also played MCF: Dire Grove but I don't remember much about it as it was years ago. Think I liked it though.

Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove   Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:40 pm

The Mystery Case Files series of games are all top notch. I have not played either Dire Grove or the sequel yet though. Glad to hear you are enjoying Sacred Grove though. Cool
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove   Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi lakerz,
I know it looks like a sequel to MCF: Dire Grove but Sacred Grove is actually a separate story taking place around Dire Grove. When I read the reviews for the game there were several reviewers who downgraded it from 5 stars because they were disappointed in the fact that it wasn't really a sequel and didn't continue the story of Dire Grove. Since I don't remember the original story line, it doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of the game. I'm liking it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove   Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:54 pm

I liked Dire Grove: Sacred Grove, especially because it has fewer hidden object scenes than Dire Grove.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove   Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:41 pm

I'm almost finished with Sacred Grove and the hidden object scenes have been interesting and some a bit different, sort of like Concentration where one needs to find hidden pairs. But the Puzzles were my Waterloo, had to end up skipping them even with the Puzzle Hints! I would start out okay with the first part, but then things just wouldn't work and the hint would only repeat itself.
There was one puzzle where I knew what to do, but there should have been 4 wires and I only saw 3, so I figured that somehow some of the connecting points had to do double the work to make up for the missing wire. Good thinking? Wrong. I just didn't see the fourth wire because it was a dark blue color and blended into the background. Found that out when I checked the walkthrough later on. Oh well, it was fun in a weird sort of way, I guess. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove   Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:15 am

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, even with your puzzle troubles. I've enjoyed all the MCF games so I expect I'll be getting Sacred Grove before long.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove   Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:53 am

I find the puzzles in a lot of these HOG or adventure-lite games can be hit or miss. Some can be quite glitchy where I'm doing the right actions but still can't progress because of the bug. Luckily most games allow you to skip the unpassable ones. I've only come across a few games where there was no skip button at all.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove   Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 8:48 pm

One of the best things about casual games is the SKIP button. There are certain types of puzzles that I simply can't solve no matter how hard I try and I do try. Those slider puzzles with one blank square in the grid are almost always impossible as I can't get anything where it needs to go. So the skip button is a life-saver. On the other hand, I do like gridlock puzzles where you slide bars out of the way to make a path for the object to move out. Those are fun, but the best one I ever played was in a barn where one had to move bales out of the way for the horse to leave. Since skipping a puzzle makes it possible to continue with the game, all puzzles are okay with me.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove   Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:50 am

I like those slider puzzles and some of the similar types. But there are some puzzles that if it wasn't for the skip button I'd never be able to finish the game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove   Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove
Page 1 of 1