Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Sick Of The Snow

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

So Sick Of The Snow Empty
PostSubject: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm so sick of shoveling snow, I just got in, thankfully it was only a little bit and wasn't heavy. They're calling for another 10 cm tonight. All I've got to say is, thank you to the inventor of the snow blower.

Did your March come in like a lion or lamb. It looks like we're getting a bit of both here. I have the treadmill today. The chocolate fiasco of Valentine's finally caught up to me so I have to work that off.

Been getting quite a lot of work done on Hawk Manor, if all goes well you may be playing it this year, keep your fingers crossed. So I'm off to vacuum now while I still have the energy. Take care everyone and keep warm sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:01 am

Hi StarLite. We have had more snow this year than the last five years combined and yes I'm sick of it. For us March came in like a lamb. We had more snow two days ago and I heard we are supposed to get more this week. I am just so ready for spring.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:22 am

Hi Hats, they say we're in for more snows too. You should see it here, the snow is icy and looks like frosted glass. I'm really surprised that my next door neighbor's roof hasn't caved in from the snow and ice. Every time we get wind I'm picking up slabs of roof off my lawn.

Hubby is doing our roast for tomorrow's dinner. It's so cute how he goes on cooking school sites and tries all kinds of recipes. The last roast was like butter. He's a good cook, I learned a few recipes from him that his mother used and he got a few from me.

I'd had taken some pictures of the my backyard but now I can't find them, I must ask hubby where they are. Well it's almost our nightly tv ritual time so I'm off. Take care for now and try to keep warm sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 4:28 am

Roast is one of my favorites. I like to slow cook it till it falls apart.

It looks like winter isn't done with us either. Theres a snow and ice heading our way from the west.Keep warm or at least try to. It's been really hard to keep the house warm this winter. brrrrr

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 5:53 pm

Reading all this snow talk makes me feel lucky that I live in a high-rise nine floors above snow level. Driveway snow clearance is done by the maintenance crew!
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 12:31 am

Grass is always greener on the other side...

Here in Los Angeles it is over 90 degrees fahrenheit....and it is still the winter season! A little snow and coolish temps sounds good to me right now. Maybe not 3 straight months of it though.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 1:04 am

Not having to shovel snow off sidewalks and driveways would be nice.

I hope that 90 degree weather isn't a glimpse of how hot the summer will be.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:09 am

Most of California is mired in a deep drought, possibly a historic one. Things are not looking good here. Snow pack levels are way off, water supplies drying up. Kind of scary knowing that California supplies 2/3 of all the agriculture for the USA. Not to mention 1/7 of the population lives here. There could be a mass migration away in a few years.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:30 am

It is kind of scary laxez. I've already started trying to figure out a budget for higher prices on produce that we use during the summer. I guess like most people we usually eat alot of salads and fruit during the summer. It hasn't warmed up here yet Our lakes and rivers are down too but we usually get alot of rain in April.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Hubby and I were talking about this yesterday and we were saying, why don't someone just ship all the snow we get here and take to places that need water. Hubby said he doesn't know why they don't run a pipeline from Canada to the US where water is getting scarce, especially in the desert regions. Call me crazy but all that snow seems to be a bit of a waste when I'm sure it can be used somewhere sunny
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:06 am

Water wars can get rather politically unsettling. If Canada/California were to agree on some type of arrangement, I guarantee a whole bunch of Canadians would get bent out of shape accusing Canadian officials of 'giving away' their precious commodity assets. Even if a price was agreed upon, the price would likely never be low enough or high enough to please most people. I think water *will* be the number 1 talked about issue over the next 5 years.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 4:26 pm

You can't please people no matter what you do. With the amount of snow that fell all over the world this year, why is there a water shortage. Greed seems to be on the rise these days and it's ridiculous. We get enough snow here in Canada to take care of whole countries but again you're looking at cost to ship it and of course the savings never gets passed onto the people. A few years ago, we were told there was a water shortage here and that we were not allowed to water our lawns or wash our cars that we had to conserve or we'd be fined. I lost my lawn 3 years in a row. So we did conserve, the next year our water bill went up because they said that no one was using the water. No matter how much you argue the problem they don't care what regular people think, all the businesses and governments think about is lining their fat wallets at our expenses. I could go on forever talking about this but today is my treadmill day so I'm back at it. Take care sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 5:12 am

I'm afraid that is becoming the way of the world Starlite.
As far as California goes a lot of people don't realize that it is mostly desert and doesn't snow much except at higher elevations in the mountains. So California depends on rain and melting snow to fill the waterways. Of course the waterways have become problematic for the farmers but that's another can of worms.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 4:07 pm

But like hubby said, most of our fruits come from California so it's in our best interest to help out. There is a fellow in Nfld who got this idea about using glacier water to make vodka drinks, he made a fortune and he was just a small time guy. You would think some big company would jump at doing something like that. They sure don't mind doing it for the gas. I don't know, I love the US they are a bigger part of us than any other country, sort of like our big brother. In Canada we should be more concerned and helpful when it comes to their needs. I was really looking forward to us joining with the US. I wonder if that will ever happen sunny
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm intrigued by the idea of shipping snow, like how in the world could that be done? Snow melts and water evaporates! I don't think there would even be enough slush left to do any good.
However, if anyone came up with an idea how to ship snow, they could make a fortune, provided they kept the cost down. Otherwise, they might lose a fortune.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 3:15 pm

It would work along the same lines as running a gas pipeline except it's water. When it snows here, they clear the streets then ship that snow to a deserted area where it melts and goes into the ground which seems a bit of a waste to me. I guess that kind of greed hasn't kicked in for someone yet. What I propose is a barter system, we trade the snow for California's fruits that we can't grow here. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Sick Of The Snow   So Sick Of The Snow Empty

Back to top Go down

So Sick Of The Snow
Page 1 of 1