Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will there ever be another.....

Go down 
+3
Lady Kestrel
hatshepsut
GreyFuss
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Will there ever be another..... Empty
PostSubject: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Will there ever be another....

How about that for an adventure game discussion? Simply finish the sentence with whats on your mind. I will go first.

Will there ever be another: first class, big budget Full Motion Video (FMV) game made again? The likes of Tex Murphys, Black Dahlia & The Beast Within?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Will there ever be another:Adventure game made that I can solve on my own without having the game tell me what to do all along the way.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Will there ever be another big and beautiful 1st person exploration and non-inventory puzzle game like Riven?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 11:41 pm

I like that one LK and might I add...

Will there ever be another adventure game with such a vast beautiful world such as Riven and all the Myst games with fantastically orchestrated scores??
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:09 am

GreyFuss wrote:
Discworld Noir game, starring the dry humoured Detective Lewton? I wish . . . . !

GreyFuss wrote:
- or, rather, will there ever be a wholescale renaissance of classic, hand-drawn, 2D Adventure games that rely less on fancy 3D graphics, but more on talented artists, quality story, innovative (but, perhaps whacky), puzzles and humorous dialogue? Broken Sword 3 (despite being good in its own way), Dreamfall and Simon the Sorcerer 3D destroyed damaged my dreams. silent

Perhaps it's down to fan made games, independent developers and the likes of The Whispered World and a few others to keep my hopes alive. silent

Last edited by Gelert on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Will there ever be another game like Siberia 1&2 that I actually dreampt about because it was that good?
Back to top Go down
Steerpike
Wanderer's Apprentice
Steerpike

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Will there ever be a recreation of the classic Sierra "Gold Label" adventures - Cranston Manor, The Wizard and the Princess, Mission: Asteroid - using modern technology? I'd love to see a hand-drawn style and first or third person action and puzzle solving in such worlds. It'd be like modernizing Shakespeare - the material transcends time!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Yes, and similar to what I mentioned earlier, it would be good to see the likes of Cranston Manor and The Wizard and the Princess done in the style of (to my taste, personally), the first two Broken Swords.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:45 pm

I too would love to see another game like the first two Broken Swords.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:38 pm

Will there ever be another CSI NY game? It wasn't like the other CSI games, it was more of a casual game. Will there ever be one like the CSI Miami and the original CSI games?
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:24 pm

ML...Did you play CSI Deadly Intent? It has Lawrence Fishburne's character in it. It's the old-school CSI. I started it and am only through the first case. Very good thus far.
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Nope, haven't played that one. CSI NY is now my favorite CSI show. I stopped watching the original when Grissom left.
Back to top Go down
Steerpike
Wanderer's Apprentice
Steerpike

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:46 pm

That beautiful hand-drawn style seems to be making a comeback, Gelert... though sadly not in adventure games. Those with a PS2 might enjoy Okami and Odin Sphere, both of which are somewhat Zelda-like RPG/adventures using all hand-painted art.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Steerpike wrote:
That beautiful hand-drawn style seems to be making a comeback, Gelert... though sadly not in adventure games. Those with a PS2 might enjoy Okami and Odin Sphere, both of which are somewhat Zelda-like RPG/adventures using all hand-painted art.

Oh! That's interesting. Hopefully, given time, it will come to us as well. Come to daddy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will there ever be another.....   Will there ever be another..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Will there ever be another.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: Adventure Game Discussions-
Jump to: