Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Talk About A Productive Day....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Talk About A Productive Day.... Empty
PostSubject: Talk About A Productive Day....   Talk About A Productive Day.... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 3:47 pm

and night. Yesterday I spent the day and night downloading models off ShareCG. I downloaded about 45 pages worth of some fabulous models. Models you ask? I used programs called Daz Studios, Bryce and Poser to make characters and props for my games. ShareCG is chock full of freebies for those programs. I raided all the models on the Daz and Poser areas and then stumbled onto the section with 3D Models so I am in model heaven right now.

It looks like the sun is starting to come out, it was raining all morning and still hot and humid. I wish it would cool down, I'm so sick of the AC, I want some fresh air.

We got a new gas meter yesterday. The poor fellow working out in this heat, he was a young guy but still felt the heat himself. I offered him a cold bottle of water but he was fine. I want to give the monitor a break today but I want to do some more work on that game. My eyes are burning, itching and watering, could be allergies but my money is on eye strain.

I still feel groggy from the Melatonine I took last night, hard time getting to sleep these past couple of nights. The old foot is coming along pretty good, I have the treadmill today and am hoping it doesn't aggravate it. Well I'm off to see what mischief I can get in to. Take care all and have a great day sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Talk About A Productive Day....   Talk About A Productive Day.... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi, Starlight Moon,
I enjoyed reading about your "productive day and night" but I can't help wondering if maybe you aren't working too hard. That could be simply my own personal reaction to reading about your eye and sleep problems. Plus the foot and treadmill has me worried that maybe you are pushing exercise a little too hard. If you have to hope you don't aggravate your foot, maybe you should wait until the foot feels stronger before you do the treadmill thing. I know what running on a treadmill is like as Tom bought a treadmill some years back, and for a time it was fun to use it, but then it got boring and eventually the treadmill ended up as a coat rack and storage space, until it disappeared in one of our moves.
I've never used Bryce, but I have seen the results when others have used it. I always thought it would be interesting to try it, too. Just never had the energy, or maybe nerve, to do anything about it.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Talk About A Productive Day....   Talk About A Productive Day.... EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 12:28 am

Hi Mindysue, so far today everything is working fine. Eyes are good and clear, foot is pain free. I don't run on the treadmill I just walk normally on 2.0 for 20 minutes. Hubby is on the treadmill everyday then he takes a week off. The treadmill is one of the best purchases we've made.

I do tend to work hard on everything I do. I'm anxious to get my game finished by Halloween. The computer and games is all I have. I'm watching baseball with hubby as I type. Funny I'm not a sports fan but got into watching the Blue Jays a few weeks ago.

Bryce is a wonderful program as is Daz Studios too. They are free and you can get tons of freebies for them. There are lots of tutorials for these programs. Word of warning though they are addictive.

I don't know if Gussnemo was a member here but he started using Bryce and his work is amazing now. They're not very hard to learn, I find Poser a bit of work but well worth it. The pic below is from my game and it was made with Daz and Bryce. Well I'm off to see what mischief I can get into. Take care for now and all is well here so far sunny

Talk About A Productive Day.... VG%20Duck%20Pond
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Talk About A Productive Day....   Talk About A Productive Day.... EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:57 pm

Hi, StarLite Moon,
I'm so glad to read that everything is fine today. You are such an over-achiever in my book that I can't help worrying that you are doing too much, but then I'm speaking as a born under-achiever. Even as a kid in school, I never tried too hard to get top grades as I was perfectly satisfied getting 80% and never cared about trying harder for the 100%. Looking back now, I think maybe I subconsciouly thought if I was too good, the tests would get harder. Curiosity is my middle name, not ambition.
I like the screenshot of the swans, very pretty, but what is that icon at the bottom right all about? It looks like it might be a laptop, or maybe a carry-out container? Just living up to my middle name! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Talk About A Productive Day....   Talk About A Productive Day.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi Mindysue, I think the best way to describe me is, persistent, when I want something bad enough I don't stop till it comes to me. I wasn't very good in school at all after grade 1. I left school at 16 and got a job, I remember the very first thing I bought with my pay check, it was a pair of boots that I had to lay away. I loved working but most of all I loved the money.

I was never really creative, my creative spot hit me when I was last laid up in bed with my back, I kept getting bombarded with ideas about Roanoke. So when I was able to sit up I started writing. I tried to give the story away but got taken advantage of so hubby told me to make the game yourself. I didn't think I could make a game, but thank goodness for the internet, which helped quite a lot.

The icon in the bottom right of the above pic is a briefcase. The main character in the game is a real estate agent and that's her briefcase which is your inventory for the game. When you click on it a picture of a briefcase comes up and you pick your inventory.

Hubby wants me to stop making games and find something else to do, because when things don't go right I tend to go ballistic. But we'll see what kind of response Hawk Manor gets. Like I told hubby, it's a hobby and it's all I have right now and when things go right I love doing it and when people enjoy it I like it all the more.

I'm glad we have a beautiful sunny day today and I have the treadmill. I think I'll take a break from the game and clean the bathroom. Well it's almost breakfast time, hubby is making it. So I'm off, hope you have a wonderful day yourself sunny

Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Talk About A Productive Day....   Talk About A Productive Day.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 5:47 pm

You are a very interesting person, StarLite Moon, and I did like reading about your drive to get what you want. In a way, we are polar opposites, but maybe we are the same in getting what we want, lucky us!
For me, it has never been about money because all my life I have wanted the things that money can't buy. And you have just made my day by giving me the very thing I want the most. You have shared with me something about your life and the way you think and feel and react. There's no way I can explain, even to myself, just how much that means to me.
I never would have guessed it was a briefcase, but I did have the feeling it was somehow important. I think that's a neat way of handling inventory.
About going ballistic, I once read that the best marriage is one where the husband provides a roof over his wife's head and then gives her the right to raise it now and then! Sure has worked for Tom and me. Of course, after 60 years, I don't raise it too often any more.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Talk About A Productive Day....   Talk About A Productive Day.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 5:52 pm

Going ballistic is called artist temperament. I thinik all creative people have it.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Talk About A Productive Day....   Talk About A Productive Day.... EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:56 pm

I guess it's a good thing I don't sculpt. I'd hate to see that job go wrong.

I've never wanted to be rich when I was young and not really sure I'd want to be now. Like hubby says, more money means more problems. I would be happy with just being comfortable and not have to worry about the future.

Wow, 60 years together, that's fabulous. Hubby and I are together 32 years in October, we've had our ups and downs but I guess that's what life is all about. It always bring a smile to face when I think of all the crazy things we tried to do together like draw. We got some books from the library and thought we'd teach ourselves how to draw. His picture came out looking like Khadafi and mine came out looking like a Martian. I'm reminded of that old tv commercial, "my husband, I think I'll keep him". Well it's breakfast time soon so I'm off. Take care and I hope you both have a wonderful day sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talk About A Productive Day....   Talk About A Productive Day.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Talk About A Productive Day....
Page 1 of 1