Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! Empty
PostSubject: Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!   Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 1:37 am

eBay Collection
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!   Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 8:47 pm

Curiosity got the better of me, so I checked out the link ... but nothing there that I would care to play, much less bid on.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!   Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 12:44 am

Same here to be honest. That's why I was intrigued. more money than sense.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!   Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 2:02 pm

Somebody actually bid on , & won that auction . More money than sense indeed .
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!   Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 6:15 pm

It must have made sense to whoever bid and won the auction, but maybe the reason has nothing to do with the games. I can think of several reasons why someone would want to spend money quickly and quietly. Lower their income taxes, launder dirty money, just 2 reasons right there. What makes sense to one person doesn't necessarily make sense to others. But gee, I sure would like to know why even if it didn't make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!   Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 7:43 am

Perhaps I am naive, but how does one winning a richly priced ebay auction used to lower one's income taxes and/or launder dirty money?!?

I have spend enough money on prior ebay game auctions to wish I knew how to translate that into big time income tax IRS savings, LOL
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!   Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi lakerz, it isn't the money you spend, it's the money you make and the more money you have, the more money you will obviously be making in interest alone, which in turn will up the income taxes you will pay ... unless you have the lawyers and accountants who can find the loopholes such as spending money in ways that might not make sense otherwise. I'm not an accountant so I can't say how it is done. As for laundering dirty money, I'm not sure how it is done, but the trick is to spend it or use it in some way so as to get clean money in exchange. On the other hand, maybe the auction winner likes the games or is a collector of them or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!   Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 4:28 pm

I counted 102 games, which means the buyer paid 29.41 pounds for each game. That's a nice Christmas present for someone. santa
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!   Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 5:02 pm

But that's only if one likes the games, otherwise it is wasting both time and money! Unless one is reselling the games one at a time to various gamers. I mean, I don't think it is a bargain to buy something just because it is a good price if one doesn't like it or can use it in some way.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!   Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 3:10 am

None of them appeal to me either, Mindysue, but who knows what the buyer wanted. At about $45 a game, he/she didn't get any sort of a bargain, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!   Someone has bid on this - Crumbs! Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone has bid on this - Crumbs!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: Adventure Game Discussions-
Jump to: