Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles Empty
PostSubject: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm playing along in this game, close to being done, and I ran into a major snag. I need to get a key... Of course It's out of my reach, so after exhausting every possibility, I checked the walkthrough. It says I needed a magnet and a piece of elastic to tie together, and lure it down a hole to get it. Well, I couldn't get the magnet from the fridge, only the paper the magnet held on the fridge. I went back to the fridge, and there was n o magnet! I can't proceed in the game without it. Has anyone played this game yet? If so, Help!!!
Thanks!
ML
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:55 pm

ML, I don't recall exactly so I'll look for my notes to see if I can find an answer for you. In the meantime look closely at your inventory. You may have picked up the magnet. Some of the inventory items were difficult to identify.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Okay, I'll go back and look again. Can you tell me whatthe magnet looks like? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:00 pm

ML...Did you check to see if the magnet was in your inventory? It should have gone in when you took the paper, I think.
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:01 pm

I have the paper, just not the magnet. What does it look like?
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:04 pm

I don't think it looked like a magnet. Think refrigerator magnet. Could be anything!
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm

I got it!!
It's a bright orange smiley face!!! LOL!! Okay, I checked my inventory 3 times, and it wasn't there. I went in through a saved game and got it. It never shows up in your inventory. Just the paper does. It's strange, I saved the gamed and then exited, and then went in through the saved game - and there it was! Bright Orange! LOL!!! Yikes!
Thanks JK! Thanks Hatshepsut!!

BTW... For fun I c alled Nancy Drew on Frank's phone... That IS NOT her voice!!! LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Glad you found the magnet, ML. I did the same thing with the phone. Very disappointing!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Mystery Lover so glad you got the magnet. As soon as I read big orange smily I remembered it, I had trouble finding that magnet in inventory too. Smile Enjoy the rest of your game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:30 pm

LOL!! I thin k the inventory is a bit glitchy. Now I do not have the locket key I need! It was there, and now it is not. So, I'm going in through a saved game again! I f I do not come back to this thread, I reappeared for me!! LOL!!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Mystery Lover, lol yes I believe the inventory was a bit glitchy. If I recall correctly once you get past that key and kitchen part the inventory will go a little better. Good luck Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Does the inventory depend on which character you are? Didn't the boys have separate inventories?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:15 pm

jkeerie I don't remember exactly but it does seem like the inventories depended on the character you were playing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:47 pm

I finished!!! cheers
It was easier than Nancy Drew!! ( I confess, I like ND more! )
Thanks for letting me borrow it JK!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:03 pm

You're welcome, ML! Yes it was easier than Nancy Drew...I thought, too. Glad you enjoyed it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles   Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles Empty

Back to top Go down

Hardy Boys Hidden theft troubles
Page 1 of 1