Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazing Race

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Did anyone watch last night???

That challenge crossing to the other side on those cables by hand would have terrified me! affraid

That one couple (high school sweethearts)...when the guy lost his balance and was hanging by the cable...and after he was rescued she wanted him to try again???????? No I would have decked her! :x
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi JK!! Very Happy
Of Course we watched it!! Jordan and Jeff were on Big Brother last Summer! Jordan was the winner. They are the team that came in first place.
She is kind of a ditz though. Thankfully Jeff is smart! Did you hear her at the airport ask for tickets to China instead of Chili??? affraid
She did a great job on that high wire though! That would have scared the crap out of me!!!
I did feel bad for the guy that just couldn't get across. WHY didn't she do it?? The dudes muscles were so big, of course he was going to cramp up.
You can tell he felt bad, sincerely, and I felt bad for him too. He went back a second time... that's bravery!! Very Happy

Last edited by Mystery Lover on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi ML!

I could never have done that high wire thing. I would have been like Brandy...terrified to death, but willing herself across! Shocked

I wondered why that guys partner didn't try especially after he failed. Instead she just expected him to try again! Of course he would. He didn't want to disappoint her.

They wouldn't have gotten far anyway. I don't think she would have been willing to pull her weight and he would have had to do everything. He better remember that before he starts popping out any engagement rings! :x
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:25 pm

I think they couldn't switch out because it was a road block. Only one person can do it, and once it's decided, that person alone completes the task. Unlike a detour where they can switch out if they are having trouble.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Oh...well that 'splains it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:44 pm

LOL..That Ditz won Big Brother last summer. She has this innocence about her and seems she is in her own little bubble at times.So far I am with Team Jeff & Jordan.I don't know much about the others yet. That crossing the wire challenge was a toughy. I felt bad for him. Sad
great show!!
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm with team Jeff & Jordan too. However, I am also afraid she will cost him the game somehow. Like you said, she's not the brightest bulb! She almost got tickets for China instead of Chili!! I was screaming at the tv - CHILI NOT CHINA!!!
They need to read everything on that paper, slowly! One little mis read, and a penalty happens.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Yes..one little misread can cost a lot. Look how many times teams didn't walk when it said to or ride when they were to walk etc. I would never make a good camera person. I would have a hard time zippin it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:54 pm

LOL!! Me too! Well the second couple that arrived had a penalty of 30 minutes for walking down hill instead of taking that thingy down hill. I forgot what you call those things!
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Ang, Did you see Jeff had to do the farm/cake thing? LOL! Jordan didn't know that a Baker's dozen was 13 eggs!! WHY is a man that fine with her?? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:49 pm

I missed the show last night. Who was eliminated?
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:53 pm

It came down to the 2 cops and the Grandma and grand daughter. Of course, even with all the years of donut consumption, they were still able to out run poor old granny. So granny went bye-bye!
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:05 am

Didn't Granny run marathons??? Of course you don't sprint in marathons. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Maybe so, but still to slow!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:02 pm

OMG!! My Big Brother couple are just not the brightest bulbs in tha pack!! LOL! I was begging Jeff, "Please... Please read the entire thing... not just parts of it!"
When the cops asked Jeff if he knew where the train station was, and he said No, and then he looks at Jordan and goes "what the hell is he talking about?" Yikes! I thought they were going home for sure! Then I had to laugh at the look on the host Phil's face when Jodan was staring at him and she goes, "I just never know how to read you." Phil is like What? LOL!!
Okay, the cowboys are fun, and I like them allot, but those challenges... is it just me, or were those challenges designed for them to win? I was a bit suspicious.
All of our racers were in Chile! It's a good thing this was pre-filmed and not live. ( Because of the earthquake there )
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:13 pm

How about the couple where the guy just walks off because he has a "compass on his watch." Rolling Eyes I'm thinking...what an idiot! And he's thinking that he has an advantage over the other teams because they don't have compasses. No...but they had the correct starting point. Rolling Eyes

That one mother on the team that went home was absolutely useless hitting that polo ball. Of course the other had problems with that lasso.

The cowboys had an advantage in the lasso trial for sure. Chile does have a lot of that sort of stuff though in their culture. Methinks there will be challenges that come where they are not in their element.
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:23 pm

I was amazed in a good and bad way with the Jeff & Jordan team! In a good way, because I never thought Jordan would bungee jump from that high! Not only did she do it, but she liked it!!
Amazed in a bad way that Jeff couldn't eat a plate of sourkrout?? It's not like they were worms or anything!!
It cost them allot of time, plus going in the wrong direction in that taxi. But I knew Phil was going to say it was a non-elimination race. I just hope they can get that speed bump done quickly and catch back up.
I was glad the Detectives finally came in first!! I like those guys! I also like the cowboys, but not the rest.
This has been a really good season so far! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:23 pm

I watched the episode that I dvr'd on Sunday last night. The sauerkraut challenge should not have been that hard. Guess he just doesn't like sauerkraut. He sure didn't have a hard time with that beer though! Rolling Eyes

I was happy for the detectives, too. I like them and the cowboys the best!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amazing Race Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazing Race   Amazing Race Empty

Back to top Go down

Amazing Race
Page 1 of 1