Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)

Go down 
+39
Draclvr
colpet
Bacardi Jim
daily1game
tsampikos
Enter The Story
winfrey
SweetDalilah
HandsFree
struzzo
raylinstephens
lakerz
Mullane
Joee
mindysue
ellihale
Wallymian
gruefeeder
fancidanci
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Lady Kestrel
zobraks
jrme421
StarLite Moon
McDuff
Jen
GreyFuss
Faust
rainbowgirl15
Unicorn
Bastos
mbday630
AngDMC
hatshepsut
jkeerie
Mystery Lover
Catnip
Gelert
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) Empty
PostSubject: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:03 pm

This is the place .........

......... Welcome to all new forum members!

......... Why not tell us all about which Adventure games you like best and which are your all-time favourites? .........

and ........... more importantly .................. !

Have FUN!

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) Welcome_banner_by_wdwparksgal_stock-d5lk10ked1_zps75034829

to ADVENTURE POINT

Last edited by Gelert on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:19 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Catnip
Wanderer's Apprentice
Catnip

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi! My name is Catnip (Beth). I have been playing computer adventure games since DOS. In high school, we received two desktop computers when personal computers were first released to the public, and I was one of the two chosen to learn how to use them and teach the others. I was hooked. The first game I played was a text game called Zork. The first game I played with graphics was "The Colonel's Bequest," with Laura Bow as the main character.

Now, I play adventure games, casual games, console games, RPG's, you name it.

I've been on several gaming forums, but I haven't participated in a while. Gelert and I are old friends via the web, so decided to join this site. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi catnip, and welcome!
I haven't "talked" to you since the spyglass days!!
I hope you will post in the casual games section!! I won't feel so alone and guilty for loving them then!!
Of course, I do love adventure games as well! Very Happy

ML
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Hey, Catnip!!!! Very Happy

Glad to see you again! Hope all is well. Oh...and welcome to AP! Gelert has made a very warm and friendly home for us here. Unpack your bags and make yourself comfortable. Can I get you a glass of wine??? Laughing

I's sure her royal highness...the moderator...will be along to greet you soon. She's nice, so don't be intimidated by her formal royal attire. farao
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Hiya Catnip! (as you are very well known as) aka Beth (as you are also very well known as, by me, and many like me, as a very dear old FRIEND ............... (less of the 'old' please Gelert! Laughing ). flower

You know how delighted I am to see you again. Please make yourself very, very much at home ................... but, as you should very well know, watch out for extremely troublesome Grues!

You see him here .......
You see him there ...........
If it wasn't for our Lady Pharaoh .........
He'd be EVERY - bloomin' - WHERE! What a Face

Welcome my cat-loving friend!
Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) 1
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) 7 Hi Catnip and Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) 1

We have a very nice warm cozy place here, with a great group of friendly people. We have alot of different things you can do here. We all have alot of fun here. I look forward to getting to know you and hope you enjoy your stay here. Smile

Thanks jkeerie Laughing Yes Catnip do watch out for that naughty Grue Laughing Hi Gelert Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Catnip
Wanderer's Apprentice
Catnip

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Hello, and thank you for the very kind welcome(s)! Very Happy

I'll definitely post over in casual games, ML. I own so many of them and I play them just about every day as a stress reliever. Especially time management!

It's great to see you, too, JK! cat

Thank you, Hatshepsut. You are my favorite Pharoah, by the way!

Gelert and I have been friends for so long -- I'm just happy that I gave him my e-mail address so very long ago -- I think it was at least 2001. What a beautiful forum he has made, and it looks like he has taken the best of other forums and brought them here, along with much-needed new ideas!!! I haven't seen the grues yet, but that's probably because of my trusty lantern! I never go anywhere without it!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Helloooooo! Anybody there? Say hello.

We don't bite ... do we ..................... !? lol!
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 11:06 pm

CATNIP!!! Hello there!!.. It is good to see you.It has been quite awhile.Glad you are here. What fun!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:13 am

Quote :
We don't bite ... do we ..................... !?

Greyfuss...bites...or at least looks like he does! Shocked
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:24 am

GreyFuss is very protective of his image as a mean ole Grue. Given the nature of grues I think we can say he bites. Just stay out of the dark corners and you'll be ok Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:08 am

Hi. I'm Linda and I like mostly all cartoony games. I like the old point and click games. Some of the first person games make me motion sick, so I try to stick to third person games.

some of my favorite games are:
Simon the Sorcerer 1
Broken Sword games
GK 1 and 2
Day of the Tentacle
All Monkey Island games

Thanks for letting me be a part of this forum. This looks great.
Linda
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:10 am

Hi Linda! And welcome to our little club. LOL Laughing It just seems like a club since we're such a small group for now. This is a great place with great members. Hope you stick around and let us get to know you! Very Happy

JK
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:23 am

Hi Linda! Great to see you've arrived safe and well.

Happy times ahead!

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) 24250
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:24 am

Hi Linda and Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) 1. As jkeerie says we are small but we have really great friendly members here. I hope you enjoy your time here and get to know us.

The Broken Sword and Gabriel Knight games are among my favorites too.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:39 am

hatsheput (is that how you spell it?) I see your location is two lands. What/where is that?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:01 am

Hi Linda it is spelled hatshepsut. In ancient times Egypt was divided into upper and lower Eygpt and was referred to as The Two Lands. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Bastos
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Hey, my name is Bastos...

I am playing PC games, from the early 90... and off course a heavy fan of adventure games.
I have been collecting them for about 10 years, although I have been slowing down the last years....

Nice to be part of this adventure community...

L8r!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyperiondreams.be
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi Bastos!

Welcome Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) 506268 to our happy band.

Another keen Adventurer! cheers
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi Bastos and Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) 1 We have a friendly little place here and I hope you enjoy your time here with us. I've been seriously playing and collecting adventure games for about eight years now. I'm mostly playing older adventure right now. What are some of your favorites?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Bastos
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:11 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
Hi Bastos and Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) 1 We have a friendly little place here and I hope you enjoy your time here with us. I've been seriously playing and collecting adventure games for about eight years now. I'm mostly playing older adventure right now. What are some of your favorites?

hatshepsut

Hey hatshepsut,

thank you for the kinds words. I have been collecting adventure games from around 2000, so about 10 years now.... One of my favourite games ever is Rise of the Dragon, it was also the first game i bought, that was around 1993 i believe.
But there are so many more that I like... especially games from Lucasarts, but also some other oldies which were more unknown ... like The Dark Eye

L8r!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyperiondreams.be
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi Bastos

I have Rise of the Dragon and The Dark Eye in my to play pile. Right now I'm playing Amber Journeys Beyond Smile

hatshepsut

Last edited by hatshepsut on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unicorn
Wanderer's Apprentice
Unicorn

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello Very Happy

I am Sylvia from Germany. I think Unicorns are beautiful animals, thats why I choose one for my avatar. Wink Playing adventures games since ZackMcKracken + Maniac Mansion is released on 3,5 disc. Started to play unter DOS and Win 3.1 with a 386 pc + 16 MB-Ram, now playing with a P 4 under VISTA Very Happy

My favorite adventures are: all Myst games, Syberia, So Blonde + all Mystery games like Barrow Hill and Dark Fall... Since good friend sent me Atlantis Quest in March 2007 I love casual games and can not get enough lol! Own around 50 of them and always want more sunny
The newes games I bought are:
Drawn: The Painted Tower
Lost in the City
Hidden Mysteries: Civil War & Buckingham Palace
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:01 pm

I just got an email that the Sam and Max games from Telltale have another sam and max game coming out. I did really enjoy those too. the dialogue was so funny sometimes.

right now I am playing Simon 5 and just finished ghost pirates of vooju island. ... Which was a very very fun game. a lot of really fun games lately have been put out.
Back to top Go down
rainbowgirl15
Opportunist Explorer
rainbowgirl15

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:17 pm

hi everyone
Lovely to see friends here that I've traded & chatted with throughout the years. Smile
I started out playing King's Quest 6 - I think. Needless to say, 5 & 7 are also some of my favorites. But Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father really started me pc gaming. I also like 2 & 3 of the series. And Blackstone Chronicles, Sanitarium, Syberria 1 & 2 and one of my favorites is The Longest Journey. And tons of others.
I also like casual games - HOG, match 3 & IHOGS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)   Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself and tell us what games you like :-)
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next