Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titanic Adventure Out of Time

Go down 
+4
HandsFree
AngDMC
Gelert
hatshepsut
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Titanic Adventure Out of Time Empty
PostSubject: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:17 pm

You begin the game in your London apartment, it is the 1940's and the second world war is raging. Looking around your apartment it becomes apparent that 30some years earlier you were a secret agent a mission aboard the Titanic. You failed in your mission and fell into disfavor. A bomb hits your apartment and you are transported back in time. You are once again aboard the Titanic. You have been given a second chance to complete your mission. No your mission is not to save the Titanic from sinking. The fate of the Titanic is to sink. Your mission is to find a notebook and a painting that will change the history of the world. And to save yourself too.

The adventure begins in your cabin. You have been sick the whole voyage and you now have 24 hours to find your contact and to complete your mission. The game play area is very large and can be confusing. It is a good idea to take the tour of the ship to acquaint yourself with the layout. You also have a map which is very helpful. And will allow you to move from one location to another. You can also find out useful information and help from the elevator operator and your cabin steward. To help you understand the background of the story, the European situation in 1912 and the importance of your mission, you will find a file at the beginning of the game explaining the situation.

The game play is nonlinear presented in a slideshow style. Transitions were smooth without any waiting. Backgrounds are computer generated with real actors to have conversations with. You play in the first person perspective. Movement is accomplished with a combination keyboard/mouse control.

You have many puzzles to solve and they range from medium to slightly hard to solve. you will need to decode two coded messages. It took me awhile to figure out how to get the decoder to work, but was simple in operation once it was figured out. There is also a maze that is difficult to solve. Save your your game before starting the maze puzzle. Write down any numbers you come across especially cabin numbers. You will use most of them more than once. Save your game often.

Being a nonlinear game your gameplay depends alot on what actions you take and when you come in contact with certain characters. About the characters, they are engaging, likable and enjoyable. They will help you and give you information. However if you are rude to them they will refuse to speak to you. The game advances as you accomplish goals.

Graphically the game is beautiful and historically accurate. The music is beautiful and perfect for the setting. Adding a sense of nostalgia to a bygone era.

When the Titanic starts to sink save your game. There are eight different endings, I got four of them . It is interesting to take note of them.

Titanic is an older game being released in 1996. Unfortunately Titanic is one of the games that will not play on XP. Bieng a Win/Mac hybrid it will play on a Win 98 or an older Mac. I played the game on my Win 98SE. It installed and ran perfectly.I found no bugs, glitches or crashes. The only problem I had with the game was the awkward combination keyboard/mouse control that took some time to get use to.

Release date: 1996
Keyboard/mouse control
CD ROM
PC/Mac hybrid
Played on Win 98SE
Final Grade - B

hatshepsut

Last edited by hatshepsut on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Thanks madame Pharaoh. An excellent review indeed. cheers

Another game I haven't played ...... yet! study
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:10 pm

I loved this game when it came out and now I will have to play it again. Thanks Hats. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:35 pm

You are welcome and thank you Gelert. It is a great gameplay, very enjoyable.

You are welcome Ang. I loved this game too. It will be in my to play again pile.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:25 pm

This is one of my favorites too.
There are actually 8 endings. See here (but only after you played the game, of course).
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:12 am

That's a nice review, Hats! It's also one of my favorite games. I managed to get at least two of the "bad" endings before the good one. I have the strategy guide now and there are indeed 8 different endings listed depending on what you do with the four major items. I'm due for a replay soon, too.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:11 am

Thank you Lady Kestrel and HandsFree. Now that I know there are eight endings I'll try to get the other four when I play it again.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:17 am

Thanks again for the review hatshepsut. It now has pride of place on its own Adventure Point review page;

Titanic : Adventure Out of Time review - by hatshepsut flower
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:28 pm

I picked this game up on Monday at my local Goodwill store for 1.99. Hope I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:47 pm

Hello Mbday630

Great deal for only $1.99. I simply fell in love with this game. From top to bottom I enjoyed it. Only thing I wish they would have done is make it a complete point and click game but I soon mastered the control with one other finger Laughing
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:59 pm

mbday630 I liked Titanic very much. It has a good story and some funny quirky characters. I don't think it will disappoint you. Let us know how you liked it.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:02 am

okay. It is sitting here on my desk waiting for me to play. My daughter said that she had played it about 10 years ago and she enjoyed it, so hopefully I will like it too. I didn't know it was keyboard!! arghhh. Struggling through Grim FAndango with those keyboard controls is killing me. I am just not made for keyboards..... my brain doesn't work like that.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:29 am

I don't like keyboard control either. But once you get used to the keyboard it's not to bad and it's fairly easy to navigate.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:26 pm

This was one of my first adventure games . I purchased it largely due to my life long fascination with Titanic & her story , but I ended up loving the game ! The keyboard/mouse controls were a bit cumbersome to use , but I quickly got used to it . I have yet to play the "lost mission" . I got it from Greyfuss . It's still sealed , I'm apprehensive about breaking that seal . Anyway , love the review Hats !!!!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks Faust Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titanic Adventure Out of Time   Titanic Adventure Out of Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Titanic Adventure Out of Time
Page 1 of 1