Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Cartoon
11%
 11% [ 7 ]
Conspiracy
7%
 7% [ 4 ]
Fantasy
21%
 21% [ 13 ]
Horror
15%
 15% [ 9 ]
Sci Fi
15%
 15% [ 9 ]
Mystery
20%
 20% [ 12 ]
Detective/FBI
11%
 11% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 61

AuthorMessage
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   Mon May 17, 2010 5:26 pm

GreyFuss wrote:

Yes I did try Space Bar for about 15 minutes.....I just don't find games that profess to be humorous as funny, especially cartoony ones Life is too funny as it is, that is why I prefer to escape the comedy that is everyday life and get into a game that is somewhat serious. I get tired of laughing all the time, I need a change. Cool

LOL..I feel you GF. I need plastic surgery to get this smile off my face..due to constant laughter. Not a fan of cartooney games anymore but I did enjoy Stupid Invaders, The Space Bar and all of the lucas Arts games. I love games like Obsidian, RAMA, Shivers to name a few. Smile
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   Sun May 23, 2010 5:33 am

In order of preference:

1. Horror
2. Mystery/Conspiracy/Detective
3. Sci-fi
4. Humor

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE a funny adventure game, it's just that humor is so hard to pull off since each of us has a different sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:08 am

I voted for Fantasy and Sci Fi. But in my case, almost any game has potential to be a favorite as long as it's well done.

Which is Myst anyway? Fantasy or Sci Fi? It's also sort of a mystery, since you have to decide who's telling the truth. So it's kind of a combination.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:52 am

Hi gruefeeder

I would say Myst is fantasy/mystery. Smile

hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:45 am

Good evening all - I voted Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Mystery. But I will play the Black Mirror series, Blair Witch Series, and Barrow Hill and even I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream - aren't these horror games?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:18 am

Yes Black Mirror and Barrow Hill are horror. The Blair Witch series is survival horror. I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream is dark sci - fi .

hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   Today at 12:44 am

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2