Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bastos
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:04 am

Quote :
Subject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites? Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:20 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really miss those big boxes from the past... I can remeber them from my younger years, and they gave the game an even more unique feeling or atmosphere.... One of my favourites is the box of Darkseed.... a black box, with a smaller box sticking out, in which the disks were....

Bought it years ago, but i think i still have it somewhere....

Yes that is the one... have you seend the box of Darkseed 2. It's the same design, but only with a yellow box, and a different image of Giger....

L8r!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyperiondreams.be
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Here's the Astronomica one. Pretty cool.

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Gelert that is a very cool box. Is it an unopened box or do you keep your boxes in a plastic bag ?

hatshepsut

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi hats! Smile That's an unopened one.

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi Gelert unopened box nice very nice Smile

hatshepsut

Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:48 am

Ok, as promised, I made a trip to my attic, and snatched some pictures of somewhat rarer game boxes or just nices ones to watch .....

Enjoy

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:29 pm

Great stuff Bastos! Smile I especially like the Shadoan box and the Morpheus box. Very nice artwork. Smile

Mind of a Killer? Is that one I should know. Is it an alternative title for a game? scratch

I love looking at box pics and collection pics.

Keep 'em comin'! cheers

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Very nice boxes Bastos. I like the Morpheus box. I've seen pictures of it and it's a fantastic box. Smile

hatshepsut

Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Gelert wrote:
Great stuff Bastos! Smile I especially like the Shadoan box and the Morpheus box. Very nice artwork. Smile

Mind of a Killer? Is that one I should know. Is it an alternative title for a game? scratch

I love looking at box pics and collection pics.

Keep 'em comin'! cheers

The Shadoan box is indeed a special edition. The image of the dragon and the knight comes to life when you move the box from left to right.... nice effect.

Here is some more information about
Mind of a Killer

Any more boxes you want to see?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Bastos wrote:

Any more boxes you want to see?

Fire away Bastos. We love to see lovely boxes - especially unusual boxes, or boxes from obscure Adventure games.

Mind of a Killer doesn't look my type of thing. Is it mostly documentary -type software? I have one or two like that. Though not as gruesome. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:21 am

Bastos wrote:

Yes that is the one... have you seend the box of Darkseed 2. It's the same design, but only with a yellow box, and a different image of Giger....
Yes, I've seen at Moby Games. It's a different face with a safety pin in it.
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:14 pm

I loved the big boxes. I have saved every one of them. Even though the smaller boxes are more practical and I can fix more on my shelf, I miss the large ones. I think my favorite large box is Shadoan Reaches, which has a hologram or something on the front and you can move it and change the action of the figures on the front (is that what it is called?) Anyway the sword moves on the box and it is so cool. my next favorite box is GK2. I don't know how to post pictures of them.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:41 pm

mbday360 Gabriel Knight The Beast Within is one of favorite boxes too.

To post a picture you need to use Photobuckets or something like it. If you don't have Photobuckets, it is free and easy to use and can be found Here

After you download your picture place your cursor on the picture you will get a drop down menu. Click the box next to where it says img code and copy. Here in the reply box you will see a box that says image click on it and copy into the blank space and click ok. you can click on preview to see how it looks before you post it. Smile

Let me know if you need more help to post your picture Smile

hatshepsut

Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:11 am

YAY to those taking the time to post pics of their most favorite big boxed games. Wow AngDMC, that must be some game room you have set up there! Please include me on the list of invites for your game party, hehehehe. I'm totally there.

Bastos, is Double Agent an adventure game? Not sure I've heard of it. Flair has developed some unique games, that's for sure. You got quite a few rarish games there. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a boxed Hariboy's Quest before. I just have the jewel case for the game.
Back to top Go down
Bastos
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:31 pm

Hey,

Double Agent is an action-adventure, but as you mentioned, it's indeed rare, as the game was only on the shelves for a few weeks, and only in Europe. As for Hariboy's Quest, I was lucky to find this boxed version for only a few bucks... boy was i Happy :-)

From 1998 until a few years ago, i was daily on auctions sites, to get as much as possible boxed games, so yes I collected a lot of boxed rare games, but i must say, that i lost intrest since a few years... probably because i got everything that i had on my wanted list.... no i only buy a few games each month...

L8r!
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:47 am

Thanks for the info on 'Double Agent'. I'll have to look up some more info on it to see if I want to track down a copy of my own, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Raj
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Love all those box pictures! Keep them coming. I have an old box of The Arrival, but it's in bad shape. I wonder what it looked like with its little window in good shape.

The boxes everyone has mentioned are really cool, but most are before my time (perhaps all?). When I started gaming the coolest thing was those triangular Eidos boxes. I had one for Thief, but alas, wasn't saving boxes then (ah, how the young and innocent are... stupid). But later a nice trader traded with me and I got the triangular box for Thief Gold. I treasure it!

But by far my favorite game box, gimic-wise, is Tex Murphy: Overseer, with the blinking LED light atop the pyramid building in San Francisco. I actually had one... or maybe have one... but we seem to have lost a whole box of my favorite games somewhere in our house (I think we have ghosts). The light still blinked on mine, but I shut it off. I think about trading it or selling it and sending it to its new owner with the light blinking, though.

There's something else I want to mention about boxes, manuals, maps, hint-guides, registration cards, and all the other stuff it's so fun to fondle with from old games. I got an Infocom Collection just for the sake of all these fondle-ables. The games are actually for Mac. I don't have a Mac. SO... I just fondle. Luckily all the games are available for pc for free.
cheers

Ooooh! Almost forgot! The packaging is the only thing that makes me want EVIDENCE, every time I see it. Now, there's some unique packaging, eh? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sun May 02, 2010 1:11 am

Okay. Have to admit. I'm pretty pleased with two recent finds. Here they are, a sealed Darkeseed 2 and the elusive Black Sect (English box, but French language gameplay - my French is just about good enough):

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sun May 02, 2010 1:41 am

Very nice finds Gelert. Beautiful boxes. The Black Sect is just fantastic Very Happy

hatshepsut

Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sun May 02, 2010 12:36 pm

that darkseed box with the safety pin is downright scary. I never saw that before. Gelert,you have some great games.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sun May 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Gelert is the Darkseed II a sealed box ?

hatshepsut

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sun May 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Yes, which is a bit annoying because I'd like to look inside. scratch

Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sun May 09, 2010 6:54 am

Gelert wrote:
Yes, which is a bit annoying because I'd like to look inside. scratch

How is that annoying? Just gotta tear off that shrinkwrap and dig into it! lol!

Congrats on finding 'Black Sect' in decent shape by the way...
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Sun May 09, 2010 1:22 pm

[quote="lakerz"]
Gelert wrote:

Congrats on finding 'Black Sect' in decent shape by the way...

Thanks Lakerz. Yes. I was chuffed. Unearthed it Portugal as it happens.

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Tue May 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Here is a good reason why I miss the old game boxes. Does this recently released cover artwork look unimaginative and boring to you? Heres hoping that if a North American version is released it will be a more appealing. What do you think?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?   Today at 8:25 am

Back to top Go down

Who misses big boxes? Any favourites?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next