Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Fish Collecter Editions

Go down 
+2
hatshepsut
Mystery Lover
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Big Fish Collecter Editions Empty
PostSubject: Big Fish Collecter Editions   Big Fish Collecter Editions EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:05 pm

These Big Fish Collecters Editions have me in a Huff! It's so obvious that it just a way to make more money!
Their Games are $6.99 each. But latey, it seems everything is a Collecters edition... they tantilize us by showing us a game 2-3 week early, call it the collecters edition, and charge over 20 bucks for it!!
I do not need "special features" so If you you can wait 2-3 weeks, you will get that same game without the Speacial Features ( which aren't really that special ) for $6.99.
This is become more & more frequent of a thing. My extreme happiness that I have had there for years is starting to dwindle.
Just had to vent that!

ML
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Big Fish Collecter Editions   Big Fish Collecter Editions EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks for the information Mystery Lover. For those unfamiliar with Big Fish it will be something to watch out for.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Big Fish Collecter Editions   Big Fish Collecter Editions EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:09 pm

I agree ML. It just isn't worth the extra money for a Collector's edition...that is still a download!! If it's a download...what do you actually collect??? You don't even get a box (which some members on this site have a strange affinity for. Wink )
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: Big Fish Collecter Editions   Big Fish Collecter Editions EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Ya, I'm just going to wait the 2-3 weeks and get it without the extras for $6.99!
LoL! I never thought of the boxes before.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Big Fish Collecter Editions   Big Fish Collecter Editions EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Yes the download only is a big drawback for the box lovers. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Big Fish Collecter Editions   Big Fish Collecter Editions EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:16 pm

The collector's editions offer extra levels of gameplay plus included strategy guides, music, artwork, etc. Whether all that is worth paying an extra $13 is up for debate, although one does get to play the game a few weeks early as an added bonus. I don't have a problem with this if it allows the devs to get a few extra dollars in their pockets.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fish Collecter Editions   Big Fish Collecter Editions EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Until last month I also didn't care to buy the Collector's Edition of a game as I felt it wasn't worth it and did not care for the extras anyway. However, last month that all changed for me. Without going into the details, I accidentally bought PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition and found the in-game Strategy Guide to be extremely useful. It made the game so much more enjoyable for me. So now I'm in favor of getting CE's whenever a game I'm interested in shows up, which so far hasn't happenrd.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Big Fish Collecter Editions   Big Fish Collecter Editions EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:30 pm

I've bought several collector's editions, Dire Grove being one of them. I like having the extras, and it counts for 3 games on my punch card. Big Fish has so many special sales and giveaways that I figure it all comes out in the wash. I always buy their CD, too, for a little added support.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Big Fish Collecter Editions   Big Fish Collecter Editions EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Since buying my first Collector's Edition, I've gone overboard and bought 2 more just this past week: Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows CE (haven't quite finished this yet, got sidetracked by the next one) and Love Chronicles: The Spell CE. I'm also thinking of buying yet another one that I have my eye on! I was very taken with Love Chronicles as the graphics were colorful and scenic like days of old only better, no blocky pixels. Plus the handsome prince's quest was a lot like the old adventures even though this is a hidden object casual game. Very much worth the extra buckazoids (I'm an old Space Quest gamer) and I'm happy to help the developers of new games as best as I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Fish Collecter Editions   Big Fish Collecter Editions Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Fish Collecter Editions
Page 1 of 1