Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker Empty
PostSubject: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:01 am

By Gelert on Wed Apr 8, 2009 at 10:21PM

Fantastic official announcement from Chris Brendel at Unimatrix Productions. Here's today's News bulletin.
"Unimatrix Productions Announces New Adventure Game Titled "The Filmmaker"
April 8, 2009
After hinting at it for several months, Christopher Brendel has announced today that Unimatrix Productions is developing a new independent game titled "The Filmmaker". Due to be released this summer, "The Filmmaker" will be a first-person puzzle-based adventure with pre-rendered graphics, in the tradition of classic games such as Myst and The 7th Guest. For details, fans may visit the game's website (still in development) at www.unimatrixproductions.com/filmmaker.
In "The Filmmaker", players explore a haunted theater, in an attempt to uncover the mysteries within. As part of their journey, players must go inside several movies created by one particular filmmaker, an enigmatic stranger named Claude Ferucil.
As opposed to being story-centric, as was the case with Unimatrix Production's previous games, "The Filmmaker" is puzzle-centric. It features more than twenty unique puzzles of varying types. Instead of presenting a cinematic story that develops as the game progresses, "The Filmmaker"'s storyline unfolds through exploration, puzzle-solving, and reading. "The Filmmaker" will most likely be rated "Teen" or the equivilent.
Some fans may wonder what this means for Unimatrix Productions's ongoing project, "Stonewall Penitentiary". Production began on "The Filmmaker" specifically because development on "Stonewall Penitentiary" was put on hold, due to financial concerns. Christopher Brendel wishes to reassure fans, however, that work on "Stonewall Penitentiary" will be completed, following the release of "The Filmmaker".
About UNIMATRIX PRODUCTIONS
Unimatrix Productions was founded in 2000. Run exclusively by Christopher Brendel, Unimatrix Productions has already developed and published two adventure games, "Lifestream" and "Shady Brook". Additional games are on the horizon following the release of "The Filmmaker" and "Stonewall Penitentiary". Brendel's other works include several works of fiction, a fan-based film, an upcoming cgi series, and the soundtrack to the independent adventure game "The Arrangement".
http://www.unimatrixproductions.com "
Don't forget to check out our Adventure Point interview exclusive with Christopher Brendel in the NEWS section, by clicking on NEWS in the menu on the left of this page.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: The Filmmaker is Complete but...   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 10:43 pm

The Filmmaker, an independent game developed by the creator of Shady Brook, Lifestream and the yet to be released Stonewall Penitentiary, is complete but... Read the news from the games official web site http://www.unimatrix-productions.com/filmmaker/index.html

Quote :
NEWS

November 20, 2009 - I am proud to announce that The Filmmaker is now complete! Don't go rejoicing quite yet, though... There's one small problem: the game engine that The Filmmaker uses has not yet been updated to become compatible with Windows 7. To make matters a bit worse, the creator of the engine is MIA. Since the engine is close-sourced, I am unable to update the engine on my end. I am trying a few crafty work-arounds, but until the game works on Windows 7, I will have to hold off beta testing. I don't anticipate this taking longer than a month or two, at the very most. It will go even faster if the engine creator reappears and updates the engine! In the meantime, I will be spending my spare time adding odds and ends to the game, to make it even longer! Just how long IS The Filmmaker? As of now, the game is over 1500 frames long, with over 35 puzzles! For comparison, Lifestream and Shady Brook were both under 750 frames. It shouldn't be much of a long wait now! Thanks to everyone for your patience!

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 3:57 am

Hi GreyFuss.

Thanks for the update. I received an Email from Chris yesterday and, other than the news you've given, he also said "Over the coming two weeks, I plan on releasing a brand new, updated website with new screenshots, etc.". Even better is that he said that he may well pop in here to give us an update on progress when the new website launches. That'd be cool! cheers
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 4:17 am

Thanks for the updates guys. I have been anxiously awaiting the release of this game and was getting a little worried with no new news. If he popped in here that would indeed be cool. Looking forward to that new website.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Excellent news on The Filmmaker's progress from Unimatrix Productions   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Some encouraging news from Christopher Brendel and Unimatrix, with lots of new screenshots (link at the bottom);

New Screenshots of "The Filmmaker" Released & Tentative Release Month Announced

January 1, 2010

To celebrate the new year, Christopher Brendel has released several new screenshots of his upcoming game, "The Filmmaker". In addition, Brendel has set a tentative release month of March, with beta testing beginning late January. For details, fans may visit the game's website at Unimatrix Productions

Development has been completed on "The Filmmaker" for several weeks, but the game's release has been continually delayed as a result of incompatibilities with Windows 7. These compatibilities, however, are currently being worked out, and Brendel wishes to assure fans that the game will be fully compatible with Windows 7 at the time of its release.

In "The Filmmaker", players explore a haunted theater, in an attempt to uncover the mysteries within. As part of their journey, players must go inside several movies created by one particular filmmaker, an enigmatic stranger named Claude Ferucil.

As opposed to being story-centric, as was the case with Brendel's previous games, "The Filmmaker" is puzzle-centric. By far Brendel's longest game to-date, it features more than thirty-five unique puzzles of varying types. Instead of presenting a cinematic story that develops as the game progresses, "The Filmmaker"'s storyline unfolds through exploration, puzzle-solving, and reading. "The Filmmaker" has been rated "Teen" by TIGRS Independent Game Rating System.

# # #
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Terrific news Gelert, Thank you

I really need this game now!
Back to top Go down
CBSection31
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:59 am

Hi everyone,

This is Christopher Brendel, developer of The Filmmaker. I just wanted to pop in to see if anyone has any questions regarding the game, now that it's so close to release! I'll be checking in periodically, so ask away! Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:10 am

Hi Christopher

Thank you very much for stopping by. I don't have any questions except will the game be on disk or download. I am eagerly awaiting The Filmmaker, the Demo assured me of that. Exactly my kind of game. Please let us know when you have the information on how and where we can obtain the game once it is released.
Back to top Go down
CBSection31
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:31 am

As of now, the game will be for sale on my website, as was the case with Lifestream and Shady Brook. The game will be on a DVD-R and shipped via USPS. Of course, if a commercial publisher shows interest in the game, then this might change. Smile
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:42 am

Hi, CBSection31,
Thanks for stopping by-- I am also looking forward to the game-- I enjoyed Shady Brook and LOVED
the fact that when I had a problem getting it to run YOU, personally helped me!!!!! Now that is GREAT customer service.
cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:48 am

That is excellent Christopher. Mark me down for a copy. I loved Shady Brook and Lifestream. I'll bet you have learned quite a bit along the way and will be incorporating your new skills in The Filmmaker and Stonewall Penitentiary.

Did I read correctly that you were involved with Michael B. Clark's, The Arrangement?
Back to top Go down
CBSection31
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:57 am

I have definitely learned a lot since Lifestream and Shady Brook...especially in regard to graphics. Simply put, I know what I'm doing now. Laughing I also had to learn a fair amount of programming for Stonewall Penitentiary. Even though I started Stonewall prior to The Filmmaker, I think it makes sense that Stonewall will be my fourth project instead of my third, because it really is a giant leap forward with the move to real-time 3D.

Yes, I was involved in The Arrangement. I composed the soundtrack to the game. The Arrangement is, in a way, similar to The Filmmaker in that it was extremely reminiscent of the classic B-Movie. I tried to capture that feel with my intentionally overly-dramatic score. Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:01 am

Wow
A composer, a graphic artist, a programmer, a writer...is there anything you can't do?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:03 am

Hi Christopher, Thanks for stopping by. That is excellent news. The Filmaker looks just like my kind of game too. I loved Lifestream also. I hope everything works out so we can get that March release. I will definitly be getting a copy of the Filmaker when it's released. Very Happy

hatshepsut farao
Back to top Go down
CBSection31
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:11 am

GreyFuss wrote:
is there anything you can't do?

Honestly, my programming is terrible. Laughing I struggle with it, so the vast majority of Stonewall Penitentiary's code was written by independent contractors. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:17 am

Hi Chris, and thanks so much for stopping by. You always said you would, and I'm delighted.

Looking forward to taking a look at The Filmmaker in its completed form. Will there be a booklet with it, as was the case with Lifestream and Shady Brook? What was your final decision on that?

Gelert. flower
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:20 am

Ok, then there is only one thing Christopher can't 😢 do but he can do everything else Laughing
Back to top Go down
CBSection31
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:27 am

Gelert wrote:
Will there be a booklet with it, as was the case with Lifestream and Shady Brook? What was your final decision on that?

Yes, I am planning on another book. I will start writing it once beta testing begins! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:05 am

CBSection31 wrote:
Gelert wrote:
Will there be a booklet with it, as was the case with Lifestream and Shady Brook? What was your final decision on that?

Yes, I am planning on another book. I will start writing it once beta testing begins! Smile

................................ study ---->>>> Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Thanks for dropping by Chris. Please call in again the next time you have any news on The Filmmaker, Stonewall Penitentiary or any future projects.

Gelert. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: The Flimmaker New Update   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:40 am

Official beta testing has begun on The Flimmaker. Beta testing will be done in two phases consisting of all non - Windows 7 platforms and Windows 7.

There is a tentative release date of March 2010.

You can find more about the story, screenshots and lots of other information by visiting the website found here:

http://www.unimatrixproductions.com/filmmaker/

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker   HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker Empty

Back to top Go down

HOT OFF THE PRESS! More exciting news on The Filmmaker
Page 1 of 1