Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:03 am

I bet the look on his face was priceless

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Gee, now I wish I had a young cool computer alien grandma!
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Unfortunately, I'm old and I'm not an alien!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Draclvr wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm old and I'm not an alien!

Old you say ? Hogwash !!!! An alien you are definitely not !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:31 pm

I've been drawing Social Security for 2 years, so that definitely makes me old! But an alien? NEVER!!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Only as old as you feel ! I've been trying to tell that to Dad for years . According to him , he should be pushing up daises ! As for the alien part , maybe with the help of an active imagination , or mind altering substances . I can remember many a time , after having a bit too much to drink , where I thought I was someone or somewhere else ! Thankfully , those days are long over !! Smile By the way , how is your grandson enjoying his new computer ? I may be starting a new build myself in the spring , if I have the extra money .
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:46 pm

After the day I put in down at Longmeadow yesterday, I was REALLY feeling it! In the afternoon I was walking along with someone who is just learning how to handle horses while she walked a giant Thoroughbred who has a dreadful hoof injury. Sammy decided he wanted to rear up and kick and run like the wind, so I had to grab him quickly. Trying to calm a huge race horse who just wanted to play was quite a challenge! But I was able to get him back to the barn without further ado. I told the employees they had better make sure only VERY experienced people walked Sammy from now on.

Just got off the phone with my grandson. Things are going extremely well with the new computer. He just got his Battlefield 3 downloaded - it took overnight on their ATT DSL. He was just blown away by the graphics and the gameplay. I'm going in tomorrow afternoon to fix the no-sound issue in Windows Media Player and make sure a few other things are working OK. I'm going to leave the cable management for a cold snow-day because I want to show him how that's done too.

He is one happy boy!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:07 pm

Draclvr wrote:
After the day I put in down at Longmeadow yesterday, I was REALLY feeling it! In the afternoon I was walking along with someone who is just learning how to handle horses while she walked a giant Thoroughbred who has a dreadful hoof injury. Sammy decided he wanted to rear up and kick and run like the wind, so I had to grab him quickly. Trying to calm a huge race horse who just wanted to play was quite a challenge! But I was able to get him back to the barn without further ado. I told the employees they had better make sure only VERY experienced people walked Sammy from now on.

Just got off the phone with my grandson. Things are going extremely well with the new computer. He just got his Battlefield 3 downloaded - it took overnight on their ATT DSL. He was just blown away by the graphics and the gameplay. I'm going in tomorrow afternoon to fix the no-sound issue in Windows Media Player and make sure a few other things are working OK. I'm going to leave the cable management for a cold snow-day because I want to show him how that's done too.

He is one happy boy!

It sounds like you had a very eventful day at Longmeadow ! I guess that Sammy just got it in his mind to ignore the injured hoof , he wanted to play . Mom had an apaloosa similar to Sammy when I was a kid . That I remember of him , he was quite playful in nature . Now , imagine if Sammy was a clydesdale ! Yes , I would definitely agree that Sammy should be handled by the experienced from now on . Maybe have Scott take over from now on .

Glad to hear your grandson is enjoying his computer ! The download lasted all night ? WOW !!!! How big was the download ? The last games I downloaded was Mafia II and Dark Sector . The former was just over 11gb , the latter about 8gb . The no sound out of wmp is a definite puzzler . Have you tried any other media player , such as Spider Player or Media Monkey ? I've used wmp from time to time . The sound quality is not bad at all , & it is the easiest I've ever used to burn music cd's with . As long as you figure out the problem , then it's all good ! If you need some help in figuring out the problem , holler !
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Draclvr wrote:
I've been drawing Social Security for 2 years, so that definitely makes me old! But an alien? NEVER!!

Ok, Drac, have it your way. But you being old, Drac? Not in my book - You're still a spry spring chicken in my book!
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:49 pm

ABZ, I'm firmly grounded on planet earth and dearly love being a human. But it's nice some people don't think I'm old!
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:21 pm

Drac....

Sounds like the experience and fun you two had was priceless!
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:33 pm

Draclvr wrote:
ABZ, I'm firmly grounded on planet earth and dearly love being a human. But it's nice some people don't think I'm old!

You really like Planet Earth that much don't you, Drac? As for me, I like Planet Earth also, I even buy adventure games nonstop that take place on Earth, but for me at least personally, I think Earth is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there (sigh) - but at least it's only temporary (I hope).

As for me, I'd like to live on a planet that's like the planet Tatoonie of Star Wars. So I created a planet (globe itself, plus landscape) of my family's new Palace, myself as an alien, with Queen and King AlienBZ as well as 2 alien live-in teacher-parents (a new set of parents) so I'd end up with 4 parents, 2 dads and 2 moms in my comic books that I created.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:49 am

Congrats on getting everything up and running, Drac! Your grandson is a lucky boy!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:52 am

Lady Kestrel wrote:
Congrats on getting everything up and running, Drac! Your grandson is a lucky boy!

Very lucky , & happy I'm sure !!
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:12 am

Drac..Very cool ..Something he will always remember. Would have loved to have seen his face.

hmmm..ABZ ..seems to have missed communication with the mother ship...:/
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:40 am

I would have loved to have seen the look on his face too I bet it was priceless Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:49 am

The look of surprise or wonder on a grandchild's face , is one of the things a Grandparent lives for !
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:18 am

You've got that right, Faust!
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:12 pm

AngDMC wrote:

hmmm..ABZ ..seems to have missed communication with the mother ship...:/[/font]

Oh boy! When I saw this, Ang, I laughed! Er, what do you mean, I missed contacting the mother ship? Good one, Ang! Any idea how I missed communication with the mother ship by any chance?

Would very much like to establish contact with the mother ship, btw!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 7:26 pm

AlienBZ.

Please keep to the subject matter of this thread and others and stop compulsively deviating from the main theme/s as stated in the title/s.

Frankly, as much as anything, it's quite boring.

Thankyou.

Gelert.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:51 pm

And thank you, Gelert. My brain was starting to hurt.

Last edited by Draclvr on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:36 am

Draclvr wrote:
And, thank you, Gelert. My brain was starting to hurt.

Mine also ! affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:59 pm

Well, shoo ... since curiosity is my middle name, I rather like it when a thread goes off-topic. I do enjoy different viewpoints and different everything. I do get bored when everyone chimes in the same old way, sorry about that, but blame it on my DNA. Here's a neat fact about DNA: Human DNA is 95% the same as that of a chimpanzee ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:32 pm

You're welcome to start a new thread for 'off-topic' discussions in the General Talk section MindySue.

As an aside and not in relation to your 'chimp fact' MindySue, perhaps we need a Hot Topics section just as Randy used to have at Just Adventure.

I'd rather not though. I think we are sensible enough here to maintain a modicum of decorum.

Please keep on-topic as much as possible and let's begin 2012 in the friendliest and happiest of ways for ALL of our jolly band. Wink

Much appreciated.

Gelert.

P.S.; Interesting fact about chimpanzees. It is, in fact, at least 96%, and possibly more than 98%. Sorry to correct you. As both a Biologist and a Chemist I knew that of course, but . . . . Oops! Off-topic! .................. How easily it's done. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:43 pm

30 lashes with a wet noodle, Gelert! Yes, staying on-topic is an important way to communicate in forums. When we have a topic that starts straying too far from the subject, but the discussion is a good one, I just split it off and start a new topic. On-topic just keeps things easier to discuss.

And thanks for "straying" in correcting those percentages so I didn't have to! I'm a Wildlife Biologist and I knew that too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next