Darkness Within is a series of adventure games inspired by famous horror writer H.P. Lovecraft.
In "The Dark Lineage", the second installment of the Darkness Within series, players again take
the role of police detective Howard Loreid, who suffered from the paranormal happenings around
him in the first volume
“In Persuit of Loath Nolder”. Now, Howard discovers that his own horrible past is connected
with the madness that is about to swallow him. This second volume will see the Darkness Within
saga come to its conclusion.
The Dark Lineage will take you to places where the "things" of the past still live, and all the
memories that should be long-forgotten are still remembered; including a drowsy, depressive
town called Arkhamend, a Victorian mansion that hides a lot of horrible secrets, a dilapidated
building inside notorious, snow-clad woods and dim underground buildings and tunnels.
The Dark Lineage is even more frightening and stronger than the previous installment so
prepare yourself for the descending darkness, this time it will be ultimate.
• A new and more advanced game engine: ◦ With the new and more advanced version of the
original game engine of Darkness Within, you can move anywhere you want, light up your way
with light sources that cast real-time soft shadows and realistically lift up, push, pull or throw
objects with the power of NVIDIA® PhysX™ engine.
• Built-in Hint System with 3 Difficulty Levels:
◦ Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective or Senior Detective modes.
• Dynamic Puzzles and Features:
◦ Traditional adventure game puzzles are complimented by deciphering dreams, underlining
excerpts in documents to garner critical clues and interacting physically with the environment.
• Enhanced Gameplay Experience:
◦ The proprietary fully 3D real-time game engine enables compelling special effects, stunning visuals,
and dynamic lighting and shading, in a first person game environment.
• Eerie Gameplay Atmosphere:
◦ An immersive experience is created by a fascinating Lovecraftian story, chilling real-time cut scenes,
and haunting music.
Available now at Interact
She Who Would Be King