Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albino Raccoons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:14 pm

These little guys are so beautiful. I love the rings on the tails. They look like little foxes

Albinos
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Interesting ! I've seen albino rabbits, albino ferrets, but never an albino raccoon . You learn new things everyday !

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:18 am

Aren't they beautiful. I bet they're nice and cuddly too. sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:30 am

They are very pretty. They do look like little foxes.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Oh hatshepsut, you should have seen the baby raccoons in my lilac tree this morning. I just wanted to grab them and cuddle them they were so cute. sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Baby racoons are really cute. They are funny to watch.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 7:39 pm

All babies are cute !!!!!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 7:52 pm

You are right Faust, all babies are adorably cute Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:25 pm

And I third that. Haven't seen or heard from the babies. They must be alright or I would have heard them cry out if another animal came near them. I don't usually like it when my neighbor throws big pieces of bread out in her yard because it attracts the seagulls, but yesterday was the one day I was hoping she had thrown some out so they could at least eat.

Now here's my theory so I can sleep at night. They crawled into my neighbor's yard, met up with mommy and all is well. I'm guessing that if they didn't find mom that they would be back in my yard today. So that's the story I'm sticking with. Everyone agree? sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:04 pm

I think that if the momma hadn't of found them then at some point you would have heard them calling for her. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Well a bit of good news on the baby home front. Both of them have taken up residence in my neighbor's tree across the way. I have a clear view of them from my upstairs windows. They are so cute, but none too friendly. I tried to get pictures of them today, not much luck with that bad camera. But one of them was looking at me and chattering, which tells me they're saying, "back off lady." This is good because they won't be going to up to people for food. I warned my neighbor they were there because she was sitting on her deck and I didn't want them startling her.

They've been sleeping all day. They woke up at about noon and started playing, then went back to sleep. I hope they weren't nursing. I want so bad to put food out for them, but that's not a good idea. That won't teach them to fend for themselves in the wild. They should be on the move at night, have to keep an eye on kitty because he knows they're there. Kitty won't hurt them but I don't trust what they might do to kitty.

I'll be keeping an eye on them and I'll try to get some decent pictures. Stay tuned sunny
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:00 am

My mother's brother was always taking in strays and once bought home an adorable pair of orphaned racoons he named Ring and Oakie. I used to love to watch them "wash" their food. Anything they were given always ended up in the water before they ate it. Male racoons do grow to be very aggressive, however, and I can remember standing on the arms of one of my Nana's chairs as this big hairy guy came barreling towards me. They did get too big to handle and were eventually placed in a local wildlife shelter that gradually reintroduced them to the wild.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:47 pm

It sounds like your mom's brother has my heart. I would have done the same with those babies but I don't think kitty would be too happy about it. You do have to be careful of wild animals though especially the claws and teeth.

Well it looks like the babies have moved on again for good. They spent the whole day sleeping in the tree and then when it got dark they came down. I kept an eye on them, but just as the one got to the top of the fence it fell, but landed on the branch below. It was like landing on a trampoline for the baby. It didn't get hurt.

I heard one of them crying in the middle of the night, when I got up to see what was going on I seen the one running across the fence. I guess they must have got separated. Well we managed to get a picture of them. You can only see the one though, but they're still so cute. Enjoy sunny

Baby Raccoons
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Very cute picture of the baby. Thanks Starlight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Albino Raccoons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albino Raccoons   Albino Raccoons Empty

Back to top Go down

Albino Raccoons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: THIS AND THAT :: General Talk, Comments or Questions-
Jump to: