Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Lost Talisman Of RaJa

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

The Lost Talisman Of RaJa Empty
PostSubject: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Good day fellow players

Well I just finished writing my 5th adventure game. It's a 3rd person set in the underworld. I got the idea for the story from a bunch of picture tubes that I downloaded. Very far in the future project

You play the part of Rook Lansdown a career criminal killed in a shootout with police. Rook wakes up in the waiting room on his way to Hades. Rook is recruited to find the lost The Lost Talisman Of RaJa which has disappeared from the altar of JaRa in the underworld. On the way he meets up with some Ghoulie characters who help him achieve his goal and find out who is responsible for The Lost Talisman Of Raja
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Sounds really good StarLite. Will the whole game take place in the underworld ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:10 pm

Yes hatshepsut, first there will be a cutscene in the beginning, possibly done with MovieStorm of Rook getting killed. Then everything will take place in the underworld. It will be full of creepy places, ghouls all over the place. Weird looking characters and scenes

Funny, the whole game was only 11 pages long, but there sure is a lot of activity in the game. It has a bit of a funny ending to it. It's like the old "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." So many games to write and make and not enough time in life. I'll post the other pic of the inside of Hawk a little later. I'm on a different computer right now. Take care
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:32 am

Hello StarLite Moon!

I remember you from posts way back when you were just a fan of the adventure game genre. It sure is nice to see you so fired up about it all that you are developing games now. Very Happy I haven't played your first one yet but will get to it soon. I wish you the best of luck in making your second effort a very special one.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi lakerz, thank you so much for your wonderful reply and for your support. I also remember you.

I was quite content with just playing games, but then one day my back went and I was laid up in bed for 7 weeks. All the while, I was being bombarded with thoughts of Roanoke for some reason. I told my hubby about it and he told me to write a movie. But I kept thinking of it as a game. I thought I could write the game and give it away to someone who knew how to make games. That didn't work out so hubby told me to make my own game. I told him I don't know anything about making games, so he told me, LEARN. So the moment I was able to get up and around I started putting pen to paper then to computer and hashed out the story.

It's been a long hard learning process and there's always more to learn, which is what I am doing now.

I hope you enjoy Roanoke, everyone is getting a good laugh from it. I purposely made it funny, we could all use a good laugh these days. When you finish it by all means let me know what you think. I welcome criticism that will help me learn how to make better games. I have 4 more games written and ready to be made. I also have a couple of movies written. I would like to try my hand at making a movie with either MovieStorm or DazStudios.

Well I'm off, it's breakfast time and I have to exercise today. It was nice hearing from you again and I hope you get some enjoyment out of Roanoke. There is a walkthrough on my site if you need it. Read the readme.txt file, it will tell you how to use the Verb Coin. Thank you once again for your support. Enjoy the game sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 2:09 am

StarLite, is your new RaJa game finished yet? Hope it's a free download?
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:08 am

She just started it, K, and her last one took several years to make. The learning curve is not as steep this time around, but no one can make a game in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:39 am

Hi K515, Lady K is right. It takes quite a lot to make a game. Everything has to be made from scratch. You're looking at hundreds of rooms, scenery, objects, models, sounds, voices and scripting. I have to start over learning a new engine, so that's going to set me back a bit. And I'm working alone

Roanoke had about 1800 items, objects etc.

RaJa, is my 5th game and a long way into the future. And yes it will be free, all of my games are free. All I ask as payment is that people get some kind of enjoyment out of them.

I am working on Terror Within Hawk Manor at the moment. I managed to finish making two difficult objects today. I think tomorrow I'm going to start on the outside of Hawk Manor. I still have about another 15 more games to write. But not tonight. It's getting late here so I'm off to bed soon. Good night all and take care sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 2:04 pm

StarLite, I just d/l your Incident at Roanoke game. Do you have a walkthrough for it?
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi K5, yes there is a walkthrough on my site. You can read the readme.txt included with the game if you get stuck on how to use the Verb Coin. Hope you enjoy the game and get a good laugh from it. We could all use a good laugh these days. Here is the link for the walkthrough. Enjoy

http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/incident-at-roanoke-walkthrough-t461.html
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:52 am

Hi StarLite, thanks for the hello! I'm very sorry to hear you were having big issues with your back. After seeing what my father went through, I realize what an intricate and sometimes hard to fix part of the human body it is.

Hehe, that's funny hearing the tough love and encouragement your husband gave you to get you developing all of these ideas you have into actual games. I'm glad you're doing so and will let you know what I think about 'Incident at Roanoke' when I play it. It's officially in my "to play" queue. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi lakerz, my heart goes out to your dad and his bad back. Mine was really bad this morning when I got up but I took a Naproxin and it's eased off some. My doctor doesn't want me taking them, but like I told him, I don't take them unless it comes down to Naproxin or a gun. lol!

I've been hanging out a lot at Dragon's Breath doing a lot of tutorials and learning quite a bit about Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Daz and Bryce. Getting a lot of good learning in as well. I've got a couple of tutorials I have to finish over there. I hate taking breaks, you tend to forget everything you learn. Here's one of the tutorials I did of my baby. Enjoy sunny

The Lost Talisman Of RaJa Momot
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 6:33 am

Hi StarLite,

My dad passed on a few years ago due to complications from diabetes, but yes the back pain really did bedevil him for a number of years. I know what you mean when you jokingly say it is either the naproxin or the gun. Nobody knows what true pain is until they experience it for themselves. I'm lucky in that I've never had to know that truth yet, but I believe it because of the number of people I know who tell me their stories. Family, people at work, even friends who've gone through some bad medical luck all point to their continued "quality of life" due to a particular drug that helps them keep on going. So, I just hope that your good days greatly outnumber your bad ones, and the naproxin will always be there if/when you need it.

Speaking of all the tutorials for the 3D modelers and photo editors and game makers ..... all I can say is YOU GO GIRL! It does take a true affinity of the artform to have the discipline to learn all this. I'm not sure where the adventure genre would be without the dedication of the "amateur" developer/artist. The people with big ideas but small (or no) budgets have come up with a lot of great titles over the past number of years. I'm a big player of the AGS engine adventure games and also the adventure maker games. To make a long post short, just keep doing what you're doing okay? cheers
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi lakerz, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. It's so hard to lose someone you love and are so close to. I was close to my mother-in-law and when she went it devastated me. We knew it was just a matter of time, but I never wanted to think about it, till my husband told me. But she went the way she always wanted to, in her sleep, so I'm happy for that for her.

As long as there's indie adventurers out there, there will always be amble supply of games for everyone to play. Wintermute has some pretty good free games over there if you want to take a look. Personally I like Dead City and he's making a sequel. Really looking forward to the next Ben Jordan series coming out soon. Now there's talent. There are 8 in the series altogether. Hats off the independents. Glad Silver Lining got the go ahead, now there's some top notch talent there.

You know I've got 4 more game stories fully written and about 18 more to write. I wish I could work at it day and night to get them out. I finished with the tutorials over at DB for now so when I get back from my walk I'm going to start work on Hawk's graphics. I'm really anxious to start work on Wintermute.

Well it was nice chatting with you, but hubby is pressuring me for our walk. Take care for now sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:12 am

Hi, StarLite! How's RaJa coming along? Is it a very long game?
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:38 am

Hi K5, the story RaJa itself is finished but I'm not going to be working on it for quite a long time yet. It's hard to say if it's going to be long or not, I thought Roanoke was long but people finished it in a day, so I guess it depends on how much time people have to play. I am working on Terror Within Hawk Manor at the moment and I only have a few pictures made, and I don't know how long that game is going to take to make. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Talisman Of RaJa   The Lost Talisman Of RaJa Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lost Talisman Of RaJa
Page 1 of 1