Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R M S Titanic

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

R M S Titanic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks for the link Faust. I've tried downloading it a couple of times but it keeps stopping. Does the download just take awhile to finish ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi Pointers.The Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition is here at our COSI (Center of Science and Industry). We are planning on going near the end of July. Here are some videos attached to the article that shows some of what is in the exhibit. I am really looking forward to this. Smile

Titanic : The Artifact Exhibition
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:42 am

Hi Ang thanks for the videos and article. Sounds like it will be really interesting. Enjoy your day when you go Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:23 am

To alter the subject a bit, I have 2 Titanic PC games - Titanic Adventure Out Of Time, and Titanic The Lost Mission, plus I have a DVD movie titled Titanic, and I have a huge photo book that I bought on sale at Walden's book store that shows selected photos and tidbits of the Titanic that I got in May 1999.

Being a real life ocean cruiser, I imagine that the Titanic was a luxury liner like the cruise ships I've been on - though kind of dated.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 1:34 am

Hats: The download for the inquiries did not take long at all, just a minute or two .

Ang : The artifact exhibit is very cool, like a step back in time ! I toured the exhibit in St Louis a couple years ago .

K515 : Titanic was a cruise ship, of sorts , if you think about it . The cruise ship of her era .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Thanks Faust I'll give the download another try. I probably just didn't give it enough time. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Might be . When I downloaded the file , I was at Dad's house . If/when you do get the file downloaded , it downloads as a zip file, or rar file . Just be sure you have a program for those file types . Myself, I use Power Archiver for zip & rar files .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:54 pm

Ang were you able to go to the Titanic Artifact Exhibit ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:24 am

Hi Hats..Not yet. We are planning to go in a couple of weeks on a weekend. The exhibit will be there until the middle of September. I will get there!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:51 am

Ang , you will enjoy yourself ! May I humbly suggest you utilize the audio option , if it's available . Basically , you get a headset to wear . As you walk around the exhibit,you can go to certain points in the exhibit, & you will hear testimonial from witnesses & survivors . Whether or not the testimony is from actual survivors, I doubt , but it's very interesting nonetheless!Don't forget the gift shop at the end !
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Ang I'm glad you are still going, it will be so interesting I think. And we want to hear all about it. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:31 pm

When the exhibit was in my area , part of it was made up as the Grand Staircase . Someone got married there !
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Is it safe to assume that I know that someone who was married on that Grand Staircase.

I have loved that Grand Staircase from the first time I saw a picture of it. It must have been a wonderful experience to stand at the top of that staircase and to walk down it.

Wasn't that beautiful skylight above the Grand Staircase ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:21 pm

Very ! But in actuality, that light , was a wrought iron dome with glass panes, that allowed the sunlight to shine through .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Oh A wrought iron and glass dome. I had always looked at it thinking it was flat and not domed shaped. Did they find any of it ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:06 am

As I understand it, it was destroyed in the sinking .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 am

That's what I thought. To bad that it was.

Was it and the whole room , dining room wasn't it, recreated with the Grand Staircase ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm not sure about recreated Hats . If you mean the artifact exhibit , I don't think so . The best I remember, the recreation was the base of the Grand Staircase , & the immediate area around it . As for the Titanic itself , the Grand Staircase, both fore and aft , extended down to the first class dining room on D deck . The wrought iron & glass dome , was located above the fore section of the Grand Staircase . As I understand it, the only thing that has been recovered from the Grand Staircase, has been a couple of the brass cherubs , that were located at the base of each section of the Grand Staircase (B deck , C deck, etc .) .
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi Faust, I don't know if you've seen this picture at Mystery Manor but this kid is an amazing artist. Thought you might like this:

Grand Staircase
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks StarLite !!

That is a very nice piece of art !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Glad you liked it Faust. Yes he's a very talented young fellow. I can't believe all the work he put into that project. It does look really nice though :sun
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:34 pm

He is a very talented artist.

Faust I did mean the artifact exhibit. I didn't realize the staircase extended down like that. It must have been absolutely magnificent. I think I saw those cherubs on the Titanic Recovery Special.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:37 pm

You may have Hats . If I'm not mistaken, one of the cherubs was included in the exhibit I saw a couple years back .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:58 pm

The cherub must have been really beautiful in real life and up close. In the pictures I've seen it's difficult to see that they were brass or how lovely they were.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Being underwater for 90 plus years does tend to tarnish brass . A saw a wash basin in that exhibit, & a water tight door, both looked very nice !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R M S Titanic   R M S Titanic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

R M S Titanic
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next