Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Photobucket Problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Photobucket Problems Empty
PostSubject: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:00 am

--------------this part of this post deleted------------ photobucket cos I just tried to upload an image I took of the new game I got today and no matter what I did the photobucket uploader wouldn't let me uplod the image!

My photobucket storage is at 6 % full and my photobucket bandwidth is 4 % -

I'm soooooo mmaaadddd!! -------this part deleted--- photobucket account but I didn't as I really don't want to so I had a big dish of ice cream with lots of chocolate syrup smothered on it. Photobucket Problems 632275 Photobucket Problems 632275 Photobucket Problems 632275 Photobucket Problems 632275 Photobucket Problems 632275 Photobucket Problems 632275 Photobucket Problems 632275 Photobucket Problems 632275 Photobucket Problems 632275 Photobucket Problems 632275

Last edited by K515 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:17 am

Yowzers K,,Even in jest..please don't wish that. Photobucket Problems Icon_neutral Photobucket is pretty easy to manage. Take a deep breath and be patient my dear.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:38 am

Ang is right K515.

Photobucket is fairly easy to use. But sometimes it is easy to overlook doing something really simple.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:40 am

K,
Did you change the image to a jpeg or one of the other formats the site can read? Did you label the picture with .jpg after the title, as in flowers.jpg?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:48 am

Thanks Lady K that could be the problem. Also K515 where are you trying to upload the image to photobucket from ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks - you guys are my real buddies! Thanks for sticking by me. I was up for 30 + hours when I made that post yesterday and now I've had a good night's sleep - I fell asleep on the sofa at 9 PM last night and Mom had to take my glasses off my face.

Anyway, photobucket is still giving me a problem - I still cannot upload images from my computer since they changed their looks. Here are some screenies of what I'm facing when I now no longer can upload photos:

Photobucket Problems 062fedb0

In this shot there's no upload link;

Photobucket Problems 61aabd9d

so I tried selecting an album "my new games" in this case, but there was still no upload link;

Photobucket Problems 50871534

so I tried selecting the "from my computer" to upload but nothing happened at all, no upload link - but if I click " from the web" upload links do appear.

so today I just went back to photobucket now and there's still no way that I can upload my image of a game that just arr - photobucket changed their format/look. I clicked on the bulk uploader link but this never stops loading - it 's taking forever to load. Ang, am wondering if you might be able to help me with this new changed photobucket?

Lady Kestrel wrote:
K,
Did you change the image to a jpeg or one of the other formats the site can read? Did you label the picture with .jpg after the title, as in flowers.jpg?

Yes, the original photo is a jpg. and yes I labeled it ihnmaims, and my mac inserted the .JPG suffix - but still I couldn't upload it as there was no upload link so I tried clinking on the link for the bulk uploader but this was taking forever to load. so today I gave up on it and went to ImageShack (for the first time, I signed up) and am starting to struggle with learning how to use ImageShack now but still I was able to upload my images.

I tried everything - copy/pasting my image's label into that little whate space at the upper right corner of the PB screen next to my login name and pressing <enter>, nothing happened; tried clicking on the gray search button next to this, but just a list of choices - images, people, videos, groups, my album - still no upload link.
hatshepsut wrote:
Thanks Lady K that could be the problem. Also K515 where are you trying to upload the image to photobucket from ?

my computer - a macbook pro running snow leopard.

Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:26 pm

K..you are having problems just with this IHNFAIMS photo yes? You have many albums on there so this is really baffling.
Will it upload to a different album than the one you are trying to put it in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:27 pm

AngDMC wrote:
K..you are having problems just with this IHNFAIMS photo yes? You have many albums on there so this is really baffling.
yes.

AngDMC wrote:
upload to a different album than the one you are trying to put it in?

It won't even upload to my default album.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Is yours a free account? If so, there is a limit in the amount you can upload. I'm not sure what it is because I have a paid account.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Lady Kestrel wrote:
Is yours a free account?
yes my account is the free account - and I don't want to get the paid account. I like free the best.

Lady Kestrel wrote:
so, there is a limit in the amount you can upload.
I know absolutely nothing about this. My PB bandwidth is at 4 %, and my used PB space is at 6 %. Explanation, please?

PS. Lady K, I really admire you, for you're so very good with computers esp. the mac.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:12 am

Thanks, K, but I'm really not a techie. You'll have to look around the site for the limits. Maybe the photo size itself is too big. If it's as big as the photo you recently posted here, they may have rejected it. Just resize it and see what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:25 am

Lady Kestrel wrote:
Thanks, K, but I'm really not a techie. You'll have to look around the site for the limits.
I know nothing about the techie aspects of PB, so I couldn't even begin to know where to look for these limits.

Lady Kestrel wrote:
the photo size itself is too big. If it's as big as the photo you recently posted here, they may have rejected it. Just resize it and see what happens.
This photo came from my digital camera. I've uploaded pictures that came from my digital camera into PB without resizing them in the past and I never had this problem before - last night is the first time this uploading problem happened at PB to me.

It's like I say - there was no "upload" link when the "upload from" "my computer" is selected, but if I click "the web" a link to upload pictures does appear onscreen.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:17 am

What Lady K is saying is that the problem may be with the size of your images. The pictures that you have posted here have been way over size and the one you posted last night was huge. These images take alot of bytes. The size of the bytes might have been over photobuckets limit, especially if you have alot of pictures there. If you have reached a limit you wouldn't be able to upload more pictures. You really should resize your pictures to a normal size.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:59 pm

I contacted the photobucket support late last night and so far they still didn't get back to me - was my efforts in vain?
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Patience, K. Photobucket has thousands of users. I'm sure they'll get to you when they can.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:19 pm

K515 while you are waiting for an answer from photobuckets maybe you could resize the pictures that you posted in this thread so everyone doesn't have to scroll all the way over to read it.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi hats. I've done it. I was sick of seeing those oversized pics too.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:10 pm

Thanks Gelert Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:18 pm

No probs. I didn't know how to just resize them, so I saved the images, edited them in PhotoShop and loaded them to my own Photobucket account. A bit of a long way around, but I got there eventually. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:21 pm

Laughing That's the only way I know how to resize them also Gelert.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:35 am

Please be aware there is a new thread in The Adventure discussions concerning oversized pictures. Please be aware that oversized pictures may deleted. If an oversize picture is deleted the poster is welcome to repost the picture at a reasonable size.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:34 am

Guess what guys? My PB acc't is back to normal again - I'm able to upload photos from my computer again! Oh, what joy - what ectasy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photobucket Problems   Photobucket Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Photobucket Problems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: THIS AND THAT :: General Talk, Comments or Questions-
Jump to: