Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alter Ego Released

Go down 
+2
lakerz
hatshepsut
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

Alter Ego Released - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alter Ego Released   Alter Ego Released - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:50 am

Drm in a demo , or any other form for that matter , solves nothing, & hurts everyone, especially those who do the right thing , buying a legit copy of a game .

The best way to force developers/makers, distributors , to understand that drm in any form, is an epic joke, & doesn't work, is to vote with your wallet . Either that, or spam the living daylights out of their e-mail . Maybe if we, the gamer, yell loudly & often enough, things will be changed . Bioshock is an example of that very thing .

SecuRom , a/k/a/ Starforce
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Alter Ego Released   Alter Ego Released - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Yes the demos and trailers are also drm protected.

What is strange to me is the whole mind set of the developers/publishers in this problem. I realize that yes there is piracy but do they really out weigh the legitimate buyers ? And what about the loss in sales from legitimate buyers who are afraid the game won't work or will harm their computer. Or the ones who don't buy because they don't want to fiddle with trying to remove the securom from their computer. It seems like they would make their drm so it uninstalled with the game.

The developers/publishers don't seem to realize that the securom is only keeping the legitimate players from playing the. While the pirates are cracking the game and playing. It seems like the big thrill for the pirates is to be the first one to crack the game. And we all know including the developers/publishers that they are going to do it. So why not just stop the pirates in their track by not putting in the drm ? The developers/publishers might even see an increase in sales from legitimate buyers.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Alter Ego Released   Alter Ego Released - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:18 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
Yes the demos and trailers are also drm protected.

What is strange to me is the whole mind set of the developers/publishers in this problem. I realize that yes there is piracy but do they really out weigh the legitimate buyers ? And what about the loss in sales from legitimate buyers who are afraid the game won't work or will harm their computer. Or the ones who don't buy because they don't want to fiddle with trying to remove the securom from their computer. It seems like they would make their drm so it uninstalled with the game.

The developers/publishers don't seem to realize that the securom is only keeping the legitimate players from playing the. While the pirates are cracking the game and playing. It seems like the big thrill for the pirates is to be the first one to crack the game. And we all know including the developers/publishers that they are going to do it. So why not just stop the pirates in their track by not putting in the drm ? The developers/publishers might even see an increase in sales from legitimate buyers.

hatshepsut

I'm not sure if they realize, or just don't care . They should protect their investment, that I understand & accept , but at the same time, not at the expense of legit buyers . All that does is hurt people . Maybe once we, as buyers, hit them where it hurts, the wallet, then maybe they will listen .
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Alter Ego Released   Alter Ego Released - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Faust wrote:

I'm not sure if they realize, or just don't care . They should protect their investment, that I understand & accept , but at the same time, not at the expense of legit buyers . All that does is hurt people . Maybe once we, as buyers, hit them where it hurts, the wallet, then maybe they will listen .

I doubt it Faust. I think they'll just abandon PC, as many developers have, and go to console-only games. I suspect protection is easier to implement there, and with less intrusion on the player.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Alter Ego Released   Alter Ego Released - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:59 pm

You may be right, Gelert . Then again, there are few console games, if any ( may be wrong) , that developers/et all ,place the same overly restrictive drm on console games, that they put on pc games . Pc games are , unfortunately, easier to copy & crack, than console games . Something else to stand for that little "argument" . Spore and F.E.A.R 2 , were cracked & available on p2p & torrent sites, days or weeks before actually hitting the store shelves . F.E.A.R 2 requires steam to play . Thanks to a crack, that's not actually necessary . Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 , is another example of a pc game cracked before release . Pc gamers were quite upset about that one (the drm) , on some forums I visited, whereas the console version, could be played free of that agony.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Alter Ego Released   Alter Ego Released - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:55 am

I have finished this game and haven't figured out why they chose the name Alter Ego and where the connection was. Maybe when others have completed it they can chime in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alter Ego Released   Alter Ego Released - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alter Ego Released
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2