Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darkstar Interview

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Darkstar Interview  Empty
PostSubject: Darkstar Interview    Darkstar Interview  EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:43 pm

I found this interview with the Darkstar team. It is an interesting read and hopefully from some things said one can hope that Darkstar will see a release this year.

Interview

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Darkstar Interview    Darkstar Interview  EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:34 am

Thanks She-Pharaoh

I especially like what he said about playing it using a big screen TV. My new one has this capability and this will be the first game I check it out on.

Quote :
JEFF: My favorite way to play Darkstar personally is to buy a little VGA cable for my laptop at Best Buy and hook it to my big screen TV. It looks and plays great.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Darkstar Interview    Darkstar Interview  EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:59 am

You are very welcome GreyFuss. I think Darkstar will look absolutely fantastic on big screen tv. I hope you get to try it out on your's very soon. Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Darkstar Interview    Darkstar Interview  EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:09 am

I wonder when they're going to set a price on the game. It's got to be expensive given how many dual layer DVD's they're filling up with gaming goodness.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Darkstar Interview    Darkstar Interview  EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:55 am

I have wonderes about the price also. I won't be surprised if it's a little higher than usual.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Darkstar Interview    Darkstar Interview  EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:06 pm

As far as the price is concerned, in the interview, Jeff Williams gives this comment on the game coming on 6 Dual Layered (DL) DVD's and one Single Layered DVD and the cost...

Quote :
The reason for the large real estate is that everything is pre-rendered at high quality 800×600 resolution (just between TV resolution and hi-def), with no game engine. Our game will probably cost less than any of the big games coming out on only one disk, so the value is certainly there, not to mention the quality and quantity of adventure you get in Darkstar.

But I am curious as to which genre he means when he compares the cost to "the big games coming out on only one disk"

We should all have more information on the release date and possible price on September 3rd. Here is a quote of the most recent news at the Darkstar web site:

Quote :
Creator J. Allen William and actors Clive Robertson, Beez McKeever, and Trace Beaulieu will be doing a Q&A at Dragoncon on Friday, September 3 (time and place will be announced in more detail closer to the event) They will show a special trailer produced specifically for this event and will also announce the official release schedule for Darkstar. Those that can not attend we plan to post a video of the session on our Facebook fan page. More to come.

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Darkstar Interview    Darkstar Interview  EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:58 pm

Thank you GreyFuss for the information on the coming Q and A session.

About the price and genre that he was talking about, I took it to mean the pricier action adventure genre. But reading it again I'm not quite sure exactly what he meant.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Darkstar Interview    Darkstar Interview  EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:19 pm

Right Hats. And does he mean that the version that can be bought in 3 separate parts is equal to a recent game. Say like each part is $19.95 with a whole game around $60. (disclaimer: Pay no attention to the GreyFuss behind the curtain. He speaks with no knowledge of the actual costs or what J. Williams means Sleep )
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Darkstar Interview    Darkstar Interview  EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:34 pm

When I said it might be a higher price I was thinking along the lines you suggested GreyFuss. Now the possibilities seem almost endless scratch Hopefully this and other intriguing questions will be answered in the Q and A session.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Darkstar Interview    Darkstar Interview  EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:44 pm

About 6 months or so ago I contacted the Darkstar team asking if this game will be action-adventure and I do not like nor do I play action-adventure types of games, as well as the type of gamer/my particular tastes when it comes to gaming that I am and one of the devs said that, IIRC, that Darkstar will be pure adventure and that I will like Darkstar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkstar Interview    Darkstar Interview  Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkstar Interview
Page 1 of 1