Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Saying Hi

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Good day fellow gamers

Sorry I haven't been active in awhile but life is being a total mess at the moment. I'm off to the doctor soon so I'll try and stop by later today and post. Take care :sun
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi StarLite

Glad to see you back. Sorry that life is being a mess right now, hopefully it will be behind you soon. Hope all goes well at the Dr. Take care StarLite. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi Hats,

I felt like such an idiot at the doctors yesterday. As you seen by the message at MM, I was a total wreck. I can't believe I let myself get that bad. He gave me an anti-depressant but I'm not going to take it. I go for acupuncture on Wednesday so we'll see if that will help. It should, it got rid of my eczema. You never know when this stuff will hit you, it's almost like it came over me all of a sudden. Well it basically started when Mo got sick.

I'm starting to get back into the things I used to do before, like exercising, working on my game and I've decided to make a movie. I have part of the doctor's office made, I'm just looking for a lab coat for my doctor. If I can't find one I'll just use a regular coat and change the color to white, then I'll probably find my model that has the lab coat. That's always the way. Well I'm off, hubby will be going out soon and I have to start my exercises. Take care for now. :sun
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi StarLite

Yes I saw what had been going on with you and was sorry to hear that. I am very glad to hear that it is getting a little better for you. It is very easy to slip into depression when a beloved pet becomes ill. I am glad to hear that it sounds like Mo is getting better.

It is good to hear that you are getting back into exercising and working on your game. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi Hats, yes I finally got on the floor this morning. I'm really surprised that it didn't take much to get back into exercising. I only did the beginners in the ab workout, I don't want to over do it.

I slept great last night till some idiot phoned at 1am and hung up just as hubby picked up the phone. It didn't take me long to get back to sleep, which is good. I awoke this morning actually feeling pretty good and wide awake. Usually I sit on the edge of the bed and then flop back down and tell myself, ack, I don't want to get up.

I'm listening to some music I got from RUN415's site. They have some great relaxing music over there. You'll probably hear some of it in games. I think I'm going to give up on the movie right now and concentrate on Hawk Manor. I've got quite a few pics made for it. Since the depression I haven't even touched the game. There were times I didn't even turn my computer on, I don't read anymore and I love reading. So I have to get back into that

Well we're having bbq steak for dinner tonight so I have to go make the potato salad. Take care for now and I'll try to get back more often. Nothing like game sites like this one, Mystery Manor and GameBoomers for good therapy. Alright, I'm outta here :sun
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:55 pm

StarLite, I really think talking with friends is great therapy too.

BBQ steak and potato salad yummy. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:02 am

Hey StarLite,

I'm also sorry to hear about your latest troubles. Life can really be a mess at times for all of us. But, support can come in many forms, and it sounds like you're getting back to a normal (and good) routine that makes you happy. I'm glad to hear that, and yes you must continue on with your latest game. You can't deprive the adventure gaming community of the Hawk Manor experience now, can you? Wink
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi guys, thank you so much for your wonderful support.

I'm not too bad today after exercising yesterday. I'm glad it doesn't take much to get back into it. My back was a little sore. I'm going to stretch today. I want to try to stretch everyday. I don't to over do it.

Hi lakerz, not to worry, I am thinking of doing some work on Hawk Manor today. I just remembered that I have to put a door knocker on the front door of Hawk. Hubby bought me a new floorplan program for my birthday and I found out how to import 3ds pictures into it, so I'm not restricted to the images that come with the program.

I redid the kitchen at Hawk and it looks really good. I've just got to pull it into Photoshop and dirty it up a bit. Well I haven't had my breakfast yet and I'm starting to get hungry. Take care for now, I'll be by later. :sun
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Sounds good StarLite. It can be alot of fun working with a new program.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi Hats, I'm thinking of playing around with the Hawk hallway and see what else I can come up with, but not right now. We got the news from the vet this morning that Mo Mo has cancer. Tomorrow he goes in for an X-ray to see if it's spread through his body or just confined to the toe. If it's only the toe then they will cut it off.

I feel awful, I'm so drained and tired. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. take care
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Oh StarLite I am so sorry to hear this news. I will keep my fingers crossed that the cancer is only in Mo Mo's toe. StarLite take care of yourself. We are all here for you StarLite during this difficult time. Many of us here have gone through difficult times with our beloved pets and understand what you are going through.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi Hats, I'll just paste this message from GB and MM. I'm sorry I'm too exhausted to redo the whole thing. Thank you for your message and support, we really appreciate it

Once again I'm back to feeling like I'm sitting inside a dome looking out.

After a night of thinking and talking, hubby and I have decided not to take Morris in for the X-ray. We're going to wait till our vet comes back from holidays, which won't be too long.

For one, this vet now doesn't know Mo, our vet has a 12 year history with Morris and knows everything about him.

To do this X-ray they have to sedate him, which we're not to crazy about. She's also too gung ho to get him in and operate on him.

Four years ago Mo had surgery to have two teeth removed and almost died then, they said they had a hard time reviving him, so our vet is reluctant to put him under again because of this.

The more we thought about it and talked about it, the more our gut feeling told us not to take him in. Mo is one for being over stressed and the stress seems to make him limp more when we get him back home.

I would rather make him comfortable here than keep dragging him to the vets and run the risk of giving him a heart attack.

We've been reading about Flax Seed Oil so we're going to give that a try for now. We're only going to give him a little at first to see how he does with it.

I hate trying to make these decisions, you want to do the best for the poor little fellow, but we don't want to kill him in the process either. It seems like he doesn't get a chance to heal when we're dragging him off again. And this time she really hurt him doing the biopsy.

So we're going to wait till our vet gets back and hubby is going to talk to him and go over everything with him and see what he says is best. At least now our vet got some more info to work with.

I am so exhausted and drained. I didn't go for my acupuncture because I didn't want to leave Mo alone and I'm in no condition to be in public.

Hubby asked me yesterday if I wanted to go to the grocery store with him and I told him, not in this state. All I need is to see a picture of a cat on a box and that would be the end of me.

I got a full night's sleep last night and I still feel like I want to sleep.

As soon as we hear from our vet I'll let everyone know what he says. Actually Mo is doing really well. He's eating, drinking, going to the washroom and doing his regular routines. He even tries to play at times. He doesn't look like he's near death, till we get him back from the vets

Well I'm off. Take care for now everyone, and take care of our furry family
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:39 pm

StarLite I agree wait and take him to his regular vet. Take care and get plenty of rest. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:41 am

Hi StarLite. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope everything turns out for the best.

Regards,

Gelert. flower
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi guys

Unfortunately I'm here baring bad news. Today at 1:40 our cat Morris was put to rest. The cancer in his body got worse, he didn't even make it to the X-ray. The vet said when he seen him that we made the right decision. At least now he's not suffering in pain anymore. Thank you for your kind words and support. Take care for now

StarLite
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm terribly sorry to hear that StarLite. I know how heart-breaking it is to lose a cherished pet.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:30 pm

StarLite, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how very sad it is to loose a beloved pet. My sympathy to you.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi guys, thank you for wonderful support. We are both having a hard time dealing with MoMo's passing. Thursday was hubby's birthday and he wasn't much in the celebrating mood.

I managed to get some work done on my game to keep busy. Got quite a bit done. Got the whole upstairs and downstairs hallways done. I just have to pull them into PS and grunge them up a bit. I am going to try to work on the rooms today.

I went out for a walk with hubby yesterday, it was the first time in weeks I've been out of the house. I'm going to try to get out and walk everyday. Monday I'm going to try to go shopping for some fall and winter clothes, I'm going to need them if I plan on walking in the winter. Well I'm off, take care everyone. :sun
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi StarLite

Glad to hear you are getting some work done and getting some exercise and sun. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi Hats, I have a little something that I made for you at Dragon's Breath. I hope you like it. Just a little something to say thank you for being there farao

For Hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:22 am

StarLite nice work. She is beautiful and I like it very much. Thank you Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi Hats, glad you like the pic. I've always wanted to make one for you, so I had to wait till a frame tutorial came along. I like that picture too. I'm thinking of making one of Akhenaten, I've got the perfect of him for it. Actually I'm going to see if I can make one of the Titanic for Faust. Well I'm dying for a nap, so I'm off for now. Take care :sun
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:39 am

Titanic for Faust will be cool Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:20 am

Hi Hats, it turned out pretty good actually. Hope he likes it. sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:04 am

Very nice StarLite. I like it. I bet Faust will like it too.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Saying Hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Saying Hi   Just Saying Hi Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Saying Hi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: THIS AND THAT :: General Talk, Comments or Questions-
Jump to: