Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Amnesia: The Dark Descent Empty
PostSubject: Amnesia: The Dark Descent   Amnesia: The Dark Descent EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Today from Frictional Games

Amnesia: The Dark Decent has gone gold.

Quote from Frictional Games: "We are extremely pleased with our creation and cannot wait to unleash our bundle of madness on the 8th of September. We feel that we have taken a giant leap forward compared to our previous games, the Penumbra series."

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a first person horror game with a focus on immersion. It is a game where atmosphere and story comes first. In Amnesia you are almost completely defenseless, something that will not only be scarier but will also give a vastly different experience.

On the 8th of September an interactive nightmare where reality is a fragile concept awaits.

Do you have what it takes to survive.

Available: Here and most major online retailers

Platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Languages: English - with localized text for French, German, Italian and Spanish

Recommended Computer Specifications:
Windows XP/Vista/7, OS X 10.5.8/10.6.4 or Linux released in 2010

NVIDIA GeForce 6/ATI Radeon HD

2.0 Ghz. CPU

2 GB RAM

2.5 GB Free hard disk space

Trailers can be viewed Here and Here

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent   Amnesia: The Dark Descent EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:09 am

Amnesia looks plenty scary! I say YES YES YES!!! Can't have enough creepy/scary games to play. affraid
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent   Amnesia: The Dark Descent EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:28 pm

I agree lakerz, you just can't have to many creepy/scary games to play. And Amnesia looks good and creepy/scary cheers

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent   Amnesia: The Dark Descent EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:04 am

I see no mention that they went to Point and Click so I would assume that they are using the same controls as the Penumbra series.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent   Amnesia: The Dark Descent EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:25 pm

I believe that they went to point and click in this game with a mouse control of grab, turn and toss. I am waiting for a confirmation of whether there is any keyboard control or not.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent   Amnesia: The Dark Descent EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:20 pm

GreyFuss the control is combination keyboard and mouse. From the manual:
Movement
When discussing the basic controls of the game, the default key configuration will be
used (outlined below), but all of the keys mentioned can be changed in the key
configuration menu in options.
To move around in the environment use W,S, A and D keys to move forward, backwards
and side step. To look around and change the direction, move the mouse. You can also
press Space-bar in order to jump and press Control to toggle crouching. Jumping is used
to climb obstacles and crouch is used get through narrow passages, investigate items on
the ground and to hide (more on this later).

I haven't played Penumbra so I don't know if this same control or not. I hope this answers your question. If you would like to try it there is a playable demo found Here

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent   Amnesia: The Dark Descent EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Thanks Hats

Won't need to try the Demo as your information is enough for me to know the game does not fit in Castle GreyFuss. My right and left hand are not on speaking terms and my brain can not get them to work together on playing a game. For that matter, my brain isn't on the best of terms with my left hand either. Except for convincing it to hold a drink or munching on dinner or treats they haven't been the best of friends. Too bad.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent   Amnesia: The Dark Descent EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 1:54 am

You are welcome GreyFuss Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent   Amnesia: The Dark Descent Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1