Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!

Go down 
+6
mindysue
Lady Kestrel
GreyFuss
jkeerie
HandsFree
Gelert
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:00 pm

JK has 29 correct. cheers
HandsFree has 22 correct
Jen has 10 correct
LadyK has 1 correct Very Happy ............ Oops! GreyFuss, as usual, distracted me. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 11:37 pm

HandsFree has 22 correct
Jen has 10 correct
Mr Grue (alias GreyFuss), has 5 correct
LadyK has 1 correct Very Happy ............ Oops! GreyFuss, as usual, distracted me. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 11:37 pm

HandsFree has 22 correct
Jen has 10 correct
Mr Grue (alias GreyFuss), has 5 correct
LadyK has 1 correct Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:29 am

HandsFree has 22 correct
Jen has 10 correct
LadyK has 6 correct
Mr Grue (alias GreyFuss), has 5 correct Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Hmm, since JK has 29 correct, that means only one more to go. I wonder just which one that is? Maybe I could help, ahem, cough, cough.
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:05 pm

What a clever puzzle Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 401808 Oh boy, I can't resist the challenge Embarassed I'll see what I can do scratch
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:11 pm

SuperEdy wrote:
What a clever puzzle Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 401808 Oh boy, I can't resist the challenge Embarassed I'll see what I can do scratch

Go for it SuperE! Hurry up though - a few days left.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 pm

SuperE has 24 correct. cheers
HandsFree has 22 correct cheers
Jen has 10 correct cheers
LadyK has 6 correct
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:41 pm

SuperE has 24 correct. cheers
Jen has 22 correct cheers
LadyK has 6 correct
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:02 pm

SuperE has 25 correct. cheers
Jen has 22 correct cheers
LadyK has 6 correct
Back to top Go down
Taio
Wanderer's Apprentice
Taio

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:49 pm

HandsFree wrote:
Cool Cool
I'll try to join without competing, cause I already got 2 free games from AP.
Not sure I will find 10 answers anyway scratch

Ditto here. I already won a game here, so I'm not participating this time, but I'll be back for the next tourney! Smile
This is my way of saying "This puzzle is hard as hell and I have no idea how to solve it" and maintain my reputation at the same time... lol!

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Mrs Gelert helped me do the drawing - not that it was that difficult with four people getting more than 10 'equations' correct. lol!

Anyway, thanks for competing, and congrats to everyone who got any of these right. cheers

I know they're not easy but, once you get the hang of them, they're easier than you think.

So, next time - and there will be a next time Twisted Evil - have a go. Even if just for fun if you don't want the prize on offer.

AND, next time - sorry hatshepsut! - I promise to run the contest when our most invaluable Lady Pharaoh doesn't have her computer in bits. I'm so sorry to hear you've lost all that data. You must be distraught. I would be. Thankfully, my external hard drive provides me with some semblance of backup. Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 43653

Anyway ........... drrrrrrrrrrrrum roll!! ............. the drawing has been completed, and the tombola has creaked under the strain ........... AND .................. the winner of a spankingly new Lost Horizon is .............
Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 713967 JKeerie! Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 713967
Well done JK, and a big applause from everyone for bwinning AND for being the undisputed EXPERT at solving these devilishly difficult puzzlers. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
All that remains is for you to tell me where I should send the game to. Send me a private message and I'll get it despatched asap.
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 4:29 pm

What about the puzzle solutions? I'm curious to know the ones I missed Very Happy
And congratulations to JKeerie for solving so many difficult puzzles cheers
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Congratulations jkeerie on your win. I hope you enjoy the game.

Gelert I am totally distraught over the loss of my data. Sad

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:19 pm

SuperEdy wrote:
What about the puzzle solutions? I'm curious to know the ones I missed Very Happy
And congratulations to JKeerie for solving so many difficult puzzles cheers

Hey! Give me a chance SuperE. The dust hasn't even settled yet! Smile Unfortunately life's own little conundrums sometimes have to take priority. Nevertheless, I'll put up all of the answers the first chance I get. Wink

hats, I hope that at least some of what you've lost is replaceable. Fingers crossed for you! silent
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Thank you, Gelert. Even though there weren't many entries...we all worked hard to get there!

PM has been sent, Gelert!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:08 pm

Answers as follows . . . .

#1. 4 = WAAF Clue: Movies ........ Weddings And A Funeral
#2. 0 = R in a MO (in C) Clue: Sport ....... Runs in a Maiden Over (in Cricket)
#3. 2 = H in a W Clue: Simple math ........ Halves in a Whole
#4. 3 = BMSHTR Clue: When We Were Young .......... Blind Mice See How They Run
#5. 5 = B in the P Clue: Written word ........... Books in the Pentateuch
#6. 2 = EMUW (H and O) Clue: Science ......... Elements Make Up Water (Hydrogen and Oxygen)
#7. 9 = SG on the BS Clue: Natural World .......... Strong Gale on the Beaufort Scale
#8. 2 = LAW10PIS (QAZ) Clue: Leisure ......... Letters Are Worth 10 Points In Scrabble (Q And Z)
#9. 3 = H of MM Clue: Celebrity ........ Husbands of Marilyn Monroe
#10. 2 = Q of HTEWB Clue: History ....... Queens of Henry The Eighth Were Beheaded
#11. 3 = SOTT Clue: The Things We Love ......... Skulls Of The Toltecs
#12. 4 = G at TMHTP Clue: Written Word ......... Guests at The Mad Hatter's Tea Party
#13. 7 = W of TAW Clue: History ........ Wonders of The Ancient World
#14. 6 = of the SDHB Clue: When We Were Young ........ of the Seven Dwarves Had Beards
#15. 5 = A on a S Clue: Natural World .......... Arms on a Starfish
#16. 99 = RB Clue: Pop Music ........ Red Balloons
#17. 27 = BO the NT Clue: Written Word ......... Books Of the New Testament
#18. 9 = TLR Clue: The Things We Love ........... The Last Resort
#19. 206 = BITHB Clue: Science .......... Bones In The Human Body
#20. 1 = EOTC Clue: Mythology ............ Eye Of The Cyclops
#21. 4 = USPA (W in O) Clue: History ......... United States Presidents Assassinated (Whilst in Office)
#22. 42 = TA to LTUAE Clue: Written Word .......... The Answer to Life The Universe And Everything
#23. 46 = C in the HC (except SC) Clue: Science ......... Chromosomes in the Human Cell (except Sex Cells)
#24. 5 = TMAG (so far anyway) Clue: The Things We Love .......... Tex Murphy Adventure Games (so far anyway)
#25. 33 = CMR Clue: Events ......... Chilean Miners Rescued
#26. 5 = TMB Clue: Movie People ......... The Marx Brothers ...... (Actually, a little known fact is that there was a sixth brother who dies soon after birth).
#27 12 = SOTZ Clue: Heavenly Bodies ........ Signs Of The Zodiac
#28 52 = CIAP (EJ) Clue: Leisure .......... Cards In A Pack (Except(ing) Jokers)
#29. 21 = DOAD Clue: Leisure ........ Dots On A Di
#30. 7 = YI Clue: #9. ......... Year Itch

Thanks to everyone who competed and, hopefully, enjoyed.
It's likely I'll make another one of these and, possibly, for a future prize drawing. So get swotting! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:42 am

I see several I should have gotten, and many I just never would have guessed. For #2, I did look up cricket, but didn't find that term. Nevertheless, I did have a good time with it, Gelert. Thanks for the fun!

Congratulations, JK! That was very well done!
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 11:09 am

Very impressive jkeerie! I would never have found that many.
So what was the one you didn't get?
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:07 pm

It was number 7 that kept me from perfection. I had never heard of the Beaufort scale....so I wasn't even close on what I was thinking.

As I sent some of the last few that I figured out to Gelert, it was amazing that the answers would pop in my head very late at night, after 11pm...while I was either watching television or getting ready for bed. Funny how the mind works!
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Thanks for the challenge, Gelert. It was tough but interesting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks everyone. That type of 'equation' quiz used to be quite popular on Sunday evenings in the pubs and inns around here.
Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Congrats, JK! And thanks for a fun game, Gelert.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!   Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can YOU reach the Lost Horizon? - Contest over. Answers revealed!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2