Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Game Are You Playing Now

Go down 
+27
zobraks
SweetDalilah
Mullane
bonsai
AlienBZ
mbday630
SuperEdy
Andromus
Igor Hardy
Ugur
Suvek
Camaro
lakerz
Faust
mindysue
diatribal deity
Magoozelle
jkeerie
HandsFree
Mystery Lover
Jen
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
GreyFuss
Gelert
hatshepsut
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:42 am

Speaking of Baron Wittard, I got lucky over the weekend (yep, right after ordering a Acer Aspire laptop) and found someone selling a copy of Baron Wittard, and I bought it. Believe it's coming from the UK.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Finished Alternativa and after learning about the XP fix for Dark Side of the Moon I have decided that a replay was in order for this fantastic FMV, First Person, Solo Exploration Sci-Fi game...one of my favorites
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:57 pm

GreyFuss is Alternativa a download or can it be purchased on disk ?

Let us know if the fix for Dark Side of the Moon works for you.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Hats

The XP fix does work with Dark Side of the Moon. Before the game was unplayable right after the opening cinematics because you had dialog choices that weren't visible with any OS after Win 98.

Alternativa is download only at Steam. There is no mention of a disk version that I have found.

Last edited by GreyFuss on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:18 pm

GreyFuss

Thanks I have been wanting play Dark Side of the Moon. I've had no success at getting it to play on my win98, I suspect the video card is the culprit.

I have not been able to find any information for a disk version of Alternativa either. I will go check at Steam. thanks Smile

hats
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 pm

I actually got Alternativa a little cheaper by going through the distributors web site HERE ( 16.66 Euro = $22.01 USD rate of exchange at the time) Once you pay you will receive an activation code. They then direct you to Steam where you use it. Was my first attempt at Steam and it was painless.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:21 pm

I haven't used Steam before either so it's good to know that it is painless. Thanks Greyfuss for the link through the distributers web site. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:40 pm

I've used steam and yes it was very easy Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Finished Lost Horizon it was a fantastic game and I really enjoyed playing the game.

Haven't started aanother game yet but I think I'll play Baron Wittard next.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:58 pm

I came back home only to remember that I did not finish Ceville yet.... my next years resolution..... don't finish games you are not really liking Lost Horizon is sitting on my next pile.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:19 am

Ceville is sitting in my to play pile. I just can't seem to get interested in playing it. I did enjoy Lost Horizon. Fenton made a funny and charming hero. I was sorry when it came to an end.

hatshepsut farao
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Lost Horizon was my favorite game for last year and Fenton Paddock was my favorite character to play! I liked the whole look and feel of the game, from the Menu screen to the cut scenes to the bonus play at the end.
At another forum it wasn't voted as the Best Game of 2010, but it did get its very own award for coming in at 4th place in so many of the categories. Well, that was something kind of extra nice, methinks.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:48 pm

I loved the whole look of Lost Horizon also. It was really a beautiful game.

I bet if more people had of been able to get it and play it then it would have come in higher than 4th Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:28 am

Started Baron Wittard. I am not used to games panning all over like shooters.It made me a tad dizzy so I had to slow my mouse down. Also had to stick my foot out on the ground..oh wait..that's when you drink too much and the room spins...no wonder it didn't work. What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 A100

Winfrey...I know what you mean. I used to have this thing about finishing a game even though I didn't care for it. Not anymore..I am getting old and running out of time. It should be fun...not a chore. I have so many in my TBPP.
So many games...So little time. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:12 am

AMC--- you are way too funny. Smile
I just started Lost Horizon....
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:20 am

I agree with you Ang playing a game should be fun not a chore. I used to force myself to finish a game too. These days my TBP of games is so huge that If I'm not liking a game I put it back in a pile to try again some other time. There just isn't enough time.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:24 am

hatshepsut wrote:
I loved the whole look of Lost Horizon also. It was really a beautiful game.

I bet if more people had of been able to get it and play it then it would have come in higher than 4th Smile

hatshepsut

Maybe not. Using Pagodas list for 2010 the games I played through would have ended up this way...

1. DarkStar
2. Black Mirror 2
3. Rhem 4
4. Slip Space
5. The Filmmaker
6. Alternativa
7. Darkness Within 2
8. Gray Matter
9. Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny
10. Lost Horizon
11. Alter Ego
12. 15 Days

Broken down further

First Person
DarkStar
Rhem 4
Slip Space
The Filmmaker
Darkness Within 2

Third Person
Black Mirror 2
Alternativa
Gray Matter
AoM Cards Of Destiny
Lost Horizon
Alter Ego
15 Days
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:17 pm

I have been playing Lost Horizon for awhile now... I love his voice... he is a real cutie...hmmmm I should say perhaps... handsome with a voice to melt your heart Smile
I don't mind the talking... there is a good story line so far.... It is fairly easy to figure out so I am moving along fairly quickly. Perhaps to easy for some of our players who like the hard puzzles and such. I am not one that usually likes talking but.. well maybe its because I just played two of those cartoon games ..... LOL Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:43 pm

I loved Fenton's voice too. He is a real cutie and sooo cool. I thought the story was good and entertaining. You're right about the puzzles winfrey, they might be a tad easy for the seasoned veteran.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:24 am

I just started playing Baron Wittard.... so far I am liking it....
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:30 pm

After completing a wonderful trip down memory lane with Dark Side of the Moon I have started a replay of Scratches Directors Cut. I guess I will also start Conspiracies 2 when it arrives tomorrow but I am not getting my hopes of enjoyment up for that one. Maybe I will be surprised.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Started Conspiracies II last night. I haven't gotten very far yet but so far I am enjoying it very much.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:38 pm

I am probably just a little bit farther than you Hats. ..not much. Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:10 pm

And I am quite a ways into the game...at least I think I am. The game is very difficult and by that I don't mean the puzzles or having to use one hand on the arrow keys. I mean that just playing the game is difficult.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:22 pm

ohhhhhhhh, nooo Mr Bill.

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 23552

We need to find Mr. Fuss a great game What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 969158
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Game Are You Playing Now
Page 16 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 34  Next