Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Game Are You Playing Now

Go down 
+27
zobraks
SweetDalilah
Mullane
bonsai
AlienBZ
mbday630
SuperEdy
Andromus
Igor Hardy
Ugur
Suvek
Camaro
lakerz
Faust
mindysue
diatribal deity
Magoozelle
jkeerie
HandsFree
Mystery Lover
Jen
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
GreyFuss
Gelert
hatshepsut
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:40 pm

That is allot more adventure than casual. I liked it, but I got stuck and then the free trial was over. I may get that one too.
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:11 pm

hatshepsut wrote:

HandsFree thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to play both endings Smile
There are a lot more endings, but you will only want to replay if you don't get the best one. But after that it's very interesting to find out what would have happened if... (just google).
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks HandsFree I'll google it when I finish it.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Magoozelle
Wanderer's Apprentice
Magoozelle

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:39 am

I'm about to start Machinarium! I played the demo and loved it and so I bought it.

I made one of my (many) New Year's Resolutions to be to purchase and play at least one adventure game per month. January is Machinarium. I haven't picked anything out for February yet. I'm open to suggestions! I like cartoon/stylized graphics the best, but a game has to be truly hideous looking for me to not play it. I'd also like the game to be relatively cheap to purchase (under $20 USD) for February as I just had an unexpected root canal done, so there's not a lot of fun money in my house for awhile. And finally, I'm a big ol' scaredy cat so not gore-filled or scary games for me yet. Have to build up my tolerance I suppose, so if you know of any good, mildly scary games that'd be wonderful!

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:03 am

Magoozelle, a root canal, ouch, I hope you are better now. I played the demo for Machinarium and really liked it. I plan on buying it when it comes out on CD. I'll try to come up with some suggestions for you.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:07 am

Hey Magoozelle

Personally I still think you owe yourself an Adventure game for this month. I wouldn't classify Machinarium as an adventure game. To me it would be more appropriately named a Casual Coffee break kind of game.

Suggestions may be easier if we knew what you have already played.
Back to top Go down
Magoozelle
Wanderer's Apprentice
Magoozelle

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:05 am

Thanks for the replies!

Here are some adventure games I've played more recently:

Monkey Island Series - I've played them all except LeChuck's Revenge
Dracula: The Last Sanctuary & Dracula: Resurrection
Syberia 1 & 2
The Longest Journey
Dreamfall (HATED this game, didn't finish it)
Keepsake
Grim Fandango
Scratches: Director's Cut (scared the crap out of myself, couldn't play it for more than an hour)
Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express
Spoiler:
Safecracker
NiBiRu: Age of Secrets (it was ok... not really memorable but not terrible)

Basically I am looking for a year of well rounded adventure gaming. I like to play a little of everything I suppose, so long as I have fun. Smile

This seems to go a bit off-topic for this thread, if the admins would prefer I could start a new thread and edit this post to link to it.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:20 am

Magoozelle I don't think it's far enough off topic to be a concern. If you like playing Poirot and haven't played Evil Under the Sun it's a fair game. If you liked the two Dracula games that you played and haven't played Dracula Origin or Dracula 3 Path of the Dragon you might like them. Neither one is scary. Have you played The Lost Crown: A Ghost Hunting Adventure ? It's very and not to scary. Do you prefer older games or does it matter ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi Magoozelle!!
At BigFish games look under adventure, and you will find games there for $6.99 all the time! Great for the budget! I have bought lots of games there. You can download them, or purchase the cd. I've never had a problem with them at all.
Back to top Go down
Magoozelle
Wanderer's Apprentice
Magoozelle

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:43 am

hatshepsut: I don't mind the age of a game, so long as it's a good and enjoyable game. I hate using walkthroughs/hints, so the biggest deterrent for me is illogical puzzles. I have heard lots of good things about The Lost Crown, I may pick that one up for February since you said it's not too scary.

And Mystery Lover, thank you for the tip about BigFish! So many Kheops Studio games, I see! I've always wanted to play The Secrets of Da Vinci, but it had a short print run and so is very expensive to purchase the disks.

What is an IHOG?

Back on topic, right now in Machinarium I am at the part:

Spoiler:
I'm really enjoying the game thus far. The atmosphere is really cute-but-sad. So far the puzzles have been nice and logical, my only gripe is that all of the hotspots don't show up for each scene, they only activate once you are near them. Now, I'm not talking like "press the spacebar to show all hotspots", I mean my little robot is standing on the left side of the room and there could be multiple hotspots in the middle and right sides of the room but when you move your mouse over those spots they don't become clickable until your robot is right next to or on them. Hope that makes sense. scratch
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:26 am

Magoozelle you might want to take a look at the Adventure Point game data base. There are alot of games listed there and it will tell you a little bit about each game.

http://www.adventurepoint.co.uk/#/adventure-database/4532215111

If you are looking at the Secrets of Da Vinci on Big Fish make sure that it is Secrets of Da Vinci the Forbidden Manuscript and not Secrets of Da Vinci the casual game. I played The Forbidden Manuscript and enjoyed it. A HOG is a casual Hidden Object Game.

If you get really stuck in Machinarium you could post for a nudge or hint in the hint section. I know at least one of the members here has played the game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:20 am

Magoozelle

Have you looked into Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin aka Nemesis? Not a horror game in fact it is quite whimsical at times.

You might get more suggestions from others if you started your own thread
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:03 am

Magoozelle,
Hi!
IHOG stands for Interactive Hidden Object Game - just to answer you earlier quesstion. These are more fun than the standard HOG's because the are more like adventure. I prefer them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:27 am

Thank you Mystery Lover for clearing up and clarifying the IHOG Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:25 am

My pleasure, hatshepsut! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Today I will install The Hardy Boys The Hidden Theft. Can't wait! Thanks JKeerie!! ( She is letting me borrow it! ) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Hope you enjoy it, ML! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:36 am

Finished Titanic Adventure Out of Time tonight. I enjoyed playing the game and the characters.

Haven't decided what to play next.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Sounds Great hatshepsut! Was that game overall hard or easy?

I finished the Hardy Boys too. I liked it but there is allot of dialogue. But the story was good, and it wasn't difficult.
Nancy Drew has them beat though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 3:42 pm

I just downloaded Return to Mysterious Island 2. Could not resist the 30% off sale at Big Fish....but have not started it yet. Right now I am having fun exploring the world of Myst on line: Uru. It was so cool- the other day I was in a world trying to figure out how to get into a certain area.. went into the hood were on-liners can meet an talk and asked someone a question. She told me to invite her to my Relm and she would go with me to the area I was talking about... I did.... it was kinda fun to have this friend there in my game talking to me and showing me something .... then leaving me to play out the rest of my adventure. The best of both worlds-- independent exploring and playing with the ability to go to an area and say hi- hey- to some of your buddies. sunny
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:00 pm

I always wanted to do the URU thing Winfrey, but never got around to it. I am playing Return to Mystery Island 2 on one pc and still on Chronicles of Mystery on another. I also started Dark Fall 3 and really want to get back to it soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Unfortunately my best laid plans for gaming this weekend were waylaid by getting my taxes done. 😢

The good news is I get a nice refund on my Federal...the bad news is I only had a few hours for casual gaming. The closest I got to an adventure was Green Moon...played an hour or two...enjoying it.

Dark Fall 3 is on my want list...but I want the price to come down a bit! Laughing
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:42 pm

After becoming stuck in Zero Zone for a couple of weeks, unable to get past one part, I loaded up Ring (DVD Version) to give it another try as the first time I played it I didn't give it much of a chance. So far its not too bad and I am continuing with the play.

JK
Don't hold your breath for a North American release for Darkfall 3 Lost Souls, Jonathan Boakes has mentioned in a couple of recent interviews of his distaste for the publishers over here and will not deal with them again. Maybe the only hope is for his current publisher to release it in NA.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:25 am

Started playing Amber Journeys Beyond tonight.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
diatribal deity
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Game Are You Playing Now
Page 3 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next