Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

15 Days pre-order!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

15 Days pre-order! Empty
PostSubject: 15 Days pre-order!   15 Days pre-order! EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:01 pm

I just checked with Interact and the new release date for 15 Days is...wait for it...2011 and a long wait it is! I'm beginning to think it will be never, but one thing is sure, I will NEVER pre-order an adventure game again. You can try all you want, GreyFuss, but that never is firm!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

15 Days pre-order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 Days pre-order!   15 Days pre-order! EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:55 pm

I don't understand why you are so against pre-orders Mindy. Especially when it is a no risk deal and you can cancel it at any time. scratch There is no such thing as a firm release date for any game...is there?
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

15 Days pre-order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 Days pre-order!   15 Days pre-order! EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:45 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
There is no such thing as a firm release date for any game...is there?
I believe Mindy is trying to say that her resolve to never again pre-order a game is firm, am I correct, Mindy?

mindysue wrote:
I just checked with Interact and the new release date for 15 Days is...wait for it...2011 and a long wait it is! I'm beginning to think it will be never
Cheer up, Mindy, these new releases often get delayed b/c the devs are probably ironing out all the bugs/glitches in the game's code. I've often rushed to GameStop (around 1999 - 2003-4, before GS phased out all their AG's and started selling virtually only action/sports/war/The Sims kind of games) to buy an adventure game only to have the dealer tell me the game I wanted was "pushed back" (delayed) a few more months.

Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

15 Days pre-order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 Days pre-order!   15 Days pre-order! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:18 am

But what's the point of pre-ordering a game anyway? We can all buy it when it's released, or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

15 Days pre-order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 Days pre-order!   15 Days pre-order! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 am

Why I pre-order from Dave is to make sure I get a copy as quickly as possible especially for the Imports. Dave only gets so many in and if there are a lot of pre-orders for more than he has then you have to wait. This especially comes into play for the Imports that may not come to the US for months he only has so many. For instance I was about the first one to pre-order Secret Files 2 from Dave. I got mine soon after Dave received them and he was soon out of stock never to get them in again. And to this day you still can't get it anywhere in the US. This has happened quite a few times but because I always pre-order from him I get the first batch. Many times I have gotten a game and finished it before others have had a chance to buy it.

My question is, 'WHY NOT' pre-order from Dave if you are sure you want a game. Then you just sit back knowing you will get it when it is released and then you wont forget or be disappointed when hes out of stock when you do want it. There is no risk whatsoever. Dave is always in contact with his suppliers and he actually lists a release date a couple days later than the date the supplier gives him so you can get your game closer to a date. And he is always updating his soon to be released dates when the suppliers tell him of a change. Its not his fault they change on him and there is no charge until he ships....to me its a no brainer.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

15 Days pre-order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 Days pre-order!   15 Days pre-order! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 3:37 am

I think GF is correct in his reasoning. If one is certain and is living from new game to new game because they've already played the majority of games ever released on the planet....why not jump in line to be among the first to play the newest release?

Some of us, however, since we discover that all our games do is collect dust on the shelf as we have short windows of opportunity to play....can afford to be patient.

I envy all of you who have experienced first hand all of these marvelous (and some not so marvelous) creations that have been catalogued or are soon to be catalogued on this incredible site.

I marvel at your prowess in annual tournaments comprised of screenshots, quotes, characters, costumes, etc.

I am late to this party...and the majority of my game playing years are ahead of me.

In the meantime, I sit back and appreciate all of you...your collective wisdom and opinion...and look forward to the adventures on the shelves that await. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

15 Days pre-order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 Days pre-order!   15 Days pre-order! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:02 am

I've so far never been unable to buy a new AG, apart from the typical collectors items. Bought SF2 a year ago new on ebay for 7 pounds (UK seller).
If you want 15 days as quickly as possible, you can buy it now for less than the interact price. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

15 Days pre-order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 Days pre-order!   15 Days pre-order! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:56 pm

About pre-orders, I hate the disappointment when the game is not released and another date is set, and then another later date, and then another, and...then get the news the company went bankrupt and there will be no game after all. It happened with Dead Mountaineer's Hotel and I think that is what will happen with 15 Days. It isn't Dave's fault, I know, so I don't hold it against him. I like Interact and I ordered my Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis game from him and played it over a year ago. It was a great game! Almost as good as Lost Horizon (also bought from Interact using AP link) and I'm definitely looking forward to SF 3 and maybe another game with Fenton Paddock, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

15 Days pre-order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15 Days pre-order!   15 Days pre-order! Empty

Back to top Go down

15 Days pre-order!
Page 1 of 1