Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm being charged by Swap - why?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

I'm being charged by Swap - why? Empty
PostSubject: I'm being charged by Swap - why?   I'm being charged by Swap - why? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:36 am

I've made some trades on Swaptree (now Swap) and I got an email from them telling me they're charging me.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?hl=en&shva=1#inbox/12bf1b3658ee09cd

Why are they charging me? I told the other person the item I'm sending them was late back this past Sat., I sent the item Mon., and still Swap is charging me.

I guess I'm going to have to go to jail now/get sued b/c today's the 28th and I haven't paid - I knew nothing about hidden charges.

Why is this happening? Is Swap full of hidden costs? How do I get out of having to pay them - I don't want to pay?

Since Swap.com is so difficult for me to use, how do I quit there and just stick with GTZ from now on?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: I'm being charged by Swap - why?   I'm being charged by Swap - why? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:39 pm

A bit difficult to answer . According to what I've just read , all of the technical aspects ( fees , etc.) , are there on the opening page , towards the bottom . If you did not read the fine print , I'm afraid that's your mistake . Seeing as how you agreed to their terms by signing up for an account with them , you should pay your fees . Being as minimal as the fees are , it will not break the bank . While I can agree that charging fees to trade is a bit much , they should still be paid . Anyhow , after this is handled , I would say to close your Swap account , delete any account info (credit cards , personal info , etc . ) , & just start using GTZ from now on .
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: I'm being charged by Swap - why?   I'm being charged by Swap - why? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 4:29 pm

From the website:

How much does swap.com cost?
Each swap consists of a Swap.com swap fee on the item you are receiving ($.50 for low value items and $1.00 for high value items such as video games) and the cost to ship your item. This typically averages around $3.20. That's it. No other costs are involved

Obviously there is a charge involved. You should have read how the site works before opening an account and engaging in any transactions.

Chalk it up to a lesson learned.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: I'm being charged by Swap - why?   I'm being charged by Swap - why? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:39 pm

I believe I missed the fine print. I tried to close my acc't but I get a message saying that I have to wait until the latest trader rates me or if he/she never rates me, I'll have to wait until Dec. 18, 2010 + 60 days, and then I'll be able to close my acc't. It sounds like after Dec. 18, I'll have to wait an extra 2 months - correct?

Anyway, I checked my Swap.com debit/credit card balance, and as of 10/28/10, I have a balance of $0.00. So it looks like they took it out of the dc/cc, and from now on, I'm rejecting all trades that anyone initiates with me on Swap to avoid incurring additional fees. Am I doing the right thing? Is my Swap debit paid in full as of today?

Faust wrote:
I would say to close your Swap account , delete any account info (credit cards , personal info , etc . ) , & just start using GTZ from now on .
re. deleting any personal, cc/dc info - how exactly do I do this? Swap is puzzling/a bit confusing for me to understand how it works, and besides, I've been on GTZ since Jan. 2008, listed my games (available/wants) there starting in '08, but just recently (about a week or so ago) I listed more wants/available - all my wants are adventure games while all my availables are war/action/fighting games plus a few non-game software apps (such as Ulead DVD Movie Factory 5, etc).

And yes, I've made more purchases of games on GTZ than game/game trades, and no sales at all so far since '08. Why the hard luck?
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: I'm being charged by Swap - why?   I'm being charged by Swap - why? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:38 am

I successfully closed my Swap acc't but I forgot to delete my personal info. And I forgot to tell the Swap staff to delete my personal info.

EDIT - Just contacted the Swap staff, told them I closed my acc't but forgot to delete my personal info and asked them to delete it for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm being charged by Swap - why?   I'm being charged by Swap - why? Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm being charged by Swap - why?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: THIS AND THAT :: General Talk, Comments or Questions-
Jump to: