Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi Winfrey. Would you believe it, someone here has had ALMOST that idea and is sending me big lists of games. I should have said before, but I'd have thought it was common sense, one guess at a time please and not in a torrent of mails that I anticipate could happen from one person in particular.

If everyone tries to actually work it out you may get some satisfaction from getting the answer. As I said before, the picture clues become more pointed to what the game is.

Two more pics coming up soon! Very Happy

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Okay. Two more.

I can also tell you that the first 5 pictures I've posted relate to inventory items, or objects, in the game. The sixth relates to a character in the game.

Now, the 7th and 8th pictures .....

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:53 pm

The number of people guessing the game correctly is increasing. cheers

Just to recap ......

The latest two pictures also relate to objects in the game (inventory items).

Only picture number 6 relates to a character. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Two more pictures today.

One relates to items in the game and one to a character in the game.

If you can't read the writing in the second pic, I can tell you that each of those people is famous for something created or developed.

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Gee

Have you determined the end date for the contest yet?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi GF.

Not really. But remember I said originally that there are 15 pics, and it will end before the 15th. I don't want it to run too long as I want to have what chance there is of getting the game to someone before Christmas. Although that's unlike really. Unless someone from the UK enters it.

As soon as the 15th the picture is posted I'll end it within about 24 hours. Probably midnight (UK time), the following day.

The contest started later than I wanted it to. Couldn't be helped.

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Only 5 pictures left.

These two pictures relate to characters in the game.

If you're stuck, Google is your friend.

Walkthrough is a good keyword to use alongside the other words you search.

Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:17 pm

I've been googling all week--- I have studied your data base so well I could recite it back to you ... Still not a clue... my brain is well I guess not functioning No scratch geek

Well one more try What a Face

Ohhhhhh hurry I think this is it cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:24 am

One picture today (Friday - although it's actually very early Sturday morning here).

Then, one tomorrow night (Saturday), and one on Sunday.

The contest will close at midnight (UK time), on Monday.

Okay folks! Smile

P.S.; If you don't get it from thses three pictures (especially tomorrow's and Sunday's), you'll never get it. Quite a few of you have the game guessed already BTW. cheers

This picture relates to a character in the game.

Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:42 am

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:45 am

cheers winfrey

hatshepsut

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Penultimate picture.

This one relates to the main character in the game AND the title of the game.

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Final picture clue. Thanks to everyone for taking part and good luck to all!

The contest will end at midnight (UK time), tomorrow (i.e., Monday).

The winner will be announced sometime on Tuesday.

This 'jolly' final picture clue relates to part of the game title.

Can you recognise the link?

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:30 pm

I'm delighted to announce that the winner of Jeff Williams' DARKSTAR is our very own Lady Pharoah,

hatshepsut

Congratulations hats!!

The game will be winging its way to you tomorrow.

Congratulations to everyone (9 of you), who correctly guessed or deduced that the name of the game was

Gilbert Goodmate and the Mushroom of Phungoria

Thanks again to Jeff for the donation of this fantastic Christmas season prize.

Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:53 pm

Congratulations, Hatshepsut!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Wow Very Happy I'm so excited.

Thank you Gelert for having a great contest Very Happy

Thank you Jeff Williams for donating DarkStar for the prize Very Happy

hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:35 pm

DOH!...I should have known better, that Gelert would have picked a cartoony game. I would have never guessed that. Has anyone really played that game?

To the Pharaoh Queen
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Thanks GreyFuss and Jen Smile

hatshepsut

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:24 pm

It's a good game GF. Although I found Gilbert's voice very annoying.

And yes, I luuuurv cartoony games!

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Gelert wrote:

And yes, I luuuurv cartoony games!

Thats why I am mad at myself as I knew that
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 pm

CONGRATULATIONS HATS!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks Ang Very Happy

hatshepsut

Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Congrats, Hats! flower Have fun with it!

Thanks, Gelert, for a fun challenge!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:35 pm

Thanks LadyK I will have fun with it Very Happy

hatshepsut

Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:38 am

Way to go....congrats have fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Today at 6:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next