Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movie Anyone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Love the snow theme here, although I could do without it piling up on my front lawn. We shoveled our first snow Sunday night. It didn't go too badly because it wasn't compacted. Don't like shoveling that kind of snow

Could I interest anyone in a slide show movie. This is part of the reason I haven't been around much, I've been working on tutorials and Hawk Manor. I actually considered ditching the game altogether but then it's what I love to do. I've got quite a lot of pics and objects done but still a long road ahead of me yet before completion Smile

I've finished making, the downstairs hallway, diningroom, livingroom, boys bedroom and girls bedroom and a bunch of objects

I put together this video to help promote Dragon's Breath and my Run415 sites. The movie is best viewed in full screen. It's just a bunch of tutorials I've completed at DB. Hope you enjoy the video and the music sunny

Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi StarLite

It's good to see you back again, I had been wondering what you were doing.

Shoveling snow yech. It hasn't snowed here where I live yet this year.

I'm glad you decided not to ditch Hawk Manor. I am greatly anticipating it's release. Smile

Loved the slide show, especially the picture of the lake with mountains. It is beautiful.

I know the tutorials and working on the games takes up alot of time but don't stay away so long. We miss you Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi Hats, glad you liked the video. The depression was starting to grab me by the throat and squeeze. But I'm starting to fight back. I was getting to really dislike the work I was doing on Hawk, but then I put it on hold and did some tutorials. I've learned a lot from DB so I put what I have been learned to good use, now I'm happier with my work. I'll post a couple of pics of the inside of the house. I've changed the hallway once again but I think this time for the better. It's good to be back, I'll try to get by more often to post. Take care for now sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:35 pm

StarLite I am so glad you are fighting back the depression. Keep fighting it Smile

I know it can be so frustrating when you can't get something the way you want it to look. But so satisfying when you get that right look.

I look forward to seeing some pictures of the house and the new look for the hall.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:11 am

Hi Hats, glad you enjoyed the video. The depression sort of comes and goes and the closer it gets to Xmas it gets worse. We're not celebrating Xmas this year, it's just too hard. We're still going to have our dinner but that's it.

I'm really liking this Windows Movie Maker. I have 3 movies that I want to make. I bought Animate 2 for Daz Studios, but it's not working out as good as I thought it was going to. Maybe I just haven't spent enough time with it. It's going to come in handy for the talk cutscenes in my games though. I think I might have a work around for the movies

So much I want to do and not enough time in life. I've come up with another idea for another game, but I don't know if I even want to start writing it. I'll have to see how long it takes me to make Hawk Manor to see if writing any more games is going to be worth it. Well I'm off to make the rounds. Take care for now flower
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:49 am

Hi StarLite, Xmas is a difficult time of year for alot of people. I'm glad you will have your Xmas dinner though. There's just something about having a nice dinner that makes one feel better.

Whatever the problem is with the Animate 2 you can still learn from it and that's a plus. Are the movies easier to make than the games?

You don't have to make a firm decision on your writing and you can always change your mind. I hope the work goes well on Hawk Manor. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:08 am

Hi Hats,

Movies are definitely a lot easier to do. You don't have to worry about the engine. You put your scene together in Daz and then render then put it all together in Windows Movie Maker. There is a really great tutorial made by Carnite to show you how to make movies with Daz Studios. Here is the link if you'd like to take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l19Ojz7bxlY

Well hubby is calling me for a movie, have to run. Take care for now sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 am

That is interesting StarLite. I'll have to study that a little more. Thanks.

Enjoy your movie

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi Hats, are you considering doing a movie. I used to like Moviestorm but now they're gone commercial, so you have to pay when you join the site. Use to be the MS software was free but now you have to pay for that. Poser's movie creator is supposed to be pretty good too, but I like Daz Studios and Carnite did an excellent job on her tutorial.

Word of warning though. If you want to buy props and models for Daz, especially scenes, I'd buy them from either Renderosity or Content Paradise. Here's why. I've bought scenes from each of them and I find that, say if you buy a cafe from Daz, all you'll get is the outside, if you want the inside it costs you more to buy that and if you want props like tables, counter etc you have to pay extra for that.

If you buy a scene from Renderosity you get everything you need to set up a cafe right down to the spoons and salt shakers. I bought a whole Victorian village from CP and got everything including the sidewalks, lamp posts, signs, even items to put in a pawn shop and they're prices are cheaper. I love Daz more than any program but I also like a bargain. I'm starting to learn Poser too and I'm liking what it has to offer as well. Hope this helps some. Take care for now and happy directing sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 9:42 pm

StarLite thanks for the information. I will check it all out. I'm one for a bargain too. Yes I've been considering making a small game or movie.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:01 am

That sounds great Hats, I'd love to see them. Let me guess, would it be an Egyptian theme. That would be so cool. Keep us posted flower
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 1:02 am

I guess I'm not very subtle about my Egyptian obsession am I Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 1:38 am

I don't know what it is about Egypt but it is a fascinating place. Can you imagine what it was like in the days of the Pharaohs before the weather and time eroded everything away. Maybe I should borrow old Carl's time machine and go back there, want to come. Well I'm off to make the rounds. Take care for now farao
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:01 am

StarLite

I would love to travel back to that time and see everything as it was. I have often imagined what it must have been like to walk the streets and along the Nile. how beautiful the monuments and temples must have been.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:33 am

Hi Hats, it's really too bad that time had to take it's toll on everything. The buildings being built today got nothing on all the ancient temples and tombs.

Oh while it's fresh in my mind. I meant to tell you that if you decide to go with Daz Studios or Poser, you can get all kinds of freebies at

sharecg.com

and the artists are very generous. When you're ready I'll give you a list of other sites with freebies, just let me know. Well I'm off to bed, take care for now Sleep
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:53 am

Hi StarLite. Thanks,it'll probably be awhile though because I'm only about half way finished with the story.

hats
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi Hats, well if you need some sites to go to stop by the Palace and check out the Site Links area. There's tons of links there to very useful stuff.

I'm leaning towards taking the day off gaming today. I sat too long yesterday and now my back is really bad today. The pain is right around and into my stomach and ribs. Luckily I can lay on the couch with this laptop. I managed to get the kitchen finished at Hawk Manor. But I think today, I'm going to do some cleaning starting with my own kitchen. Well I'm off, good luck with the story writing and keep us posted. Take care sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie Anyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Anyone   Movie Anyone Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie Anyone
Page 1 of 1